Who Here Lives In Nakhon Si Thammarat?

Tornado

• 1 year later...
Im currently building a house in a small village near Nakhon City (about 50 kms north - Chian Yai). I am going to spend about 4 months a year there.

wanting to know if many farangs are in the area as I can see it being quite lonely.

what places owned by farangs?, where to go out? possible for sat link for internet?

I know there is one lady member teaching up there, is there anyone else?

Im currently building a house in a small village near Nakhon City (about 50 kms north - Chian Yai). I am going to spend about 4 months a year there.

wanting to know if many farangs are in the area as I can see it being quite lonely.

what places owned by farangs?, where to go out? possible for sat link for internet?

Hi Just found this site and was interested to know if you are stil in Nakhon Si Thammarat as your message was dated 2005. Like you I am just completing a house in a small village, Khuan Phang wich is not far from Ron Phibun, and I can see my biggest problem is going to be isolation. My girlfreind has relations in Chan Yai which we go thru on our way to Talumpuk. I am a retired Brit but I am only going to live in the house for 6months a year. However I would be interested in meeting up to exchange experiences and a few ales

Hi Just found this site and was interested to know if you are stil in Nakhon Si Thammarat as your message was dated 2005. Like you I am just completing a house in a small village, Khuan Phang wich is not far from Ron Phibun, and I can see my biggest problem is going to be isolation. My girlfreind has relations in Chan Yai which we go thru on our way to Talumpuk. I am a retired Brit but I am only going to live in the house for 6months a year. However I would be interested in meeting up to exchange experiences and a few ales

Welcome to the forum and to Nakhon.

I know some guys used to meet up at Rock 99, I don't know if they do that anymore. NakhonSean would know more about that.

Check out the Southern Thailand Forum in the Thailand local forums section.

:o

Gisele

Edited by gisele

I lived in a village called Dontro which is about 35 km south of Nakon Sri Thammarat for one year and that was about 17 yeras ago, it was definitely an experience!!!!!

Is there anything resembling a decent beach in NST? Doesn't have to be picture perfect, just reasonably clear water and a sandy shore. Thinking of checking out NST soon.

Haad Por about 5km north of Tha Sala is nice enough. It's not a bay so you can see the horizon for 180 degrees, there's a bit of flotsam and jetsam on the beach but only what's to be expected. A few places offer food and bungalows if that's what you're after.

The Southern Thailand forum might be a better place to ask.