Can Thailand Help Me To Bomb-proof My Stomach?

FuninPlural

At the risk of being my own guinea pig and giving myself food poisoning, I would like to know if Thailand (or a similar spicy country) would be a place where I can train my stomach to take anything. I recall listening to an old George Carlin bit where he talked about the fact that he almost never really got sick because as a kid he would swim in the dirty, infested Hudson River (and this supposedly strengthened his immune system). For all intents and purposes Thai food is dirtier than American food (I know Ima get a lot of flack for saying this). Would it be possible to slowly take on more and more Thai food, and thus make myself immune to all types of parasites found in other dishes all over the world?

Please discuss.

You asked for it, you get it.

I take that Thai food is cleaner than American food: for one good reason, the cleanliness is part of the culture and not imposed by law.

So when one drops a spoon in a restaurant, the server will bring a new clean spoon, he will not just walk out and back with the same spoon.

Funnily enough, I never had a gastroenteritis since I live in Thailand, while it is a common issue, on a yearly basis, in western world.

Now swimming in a non so clean river is something else. What Carlin said is true, but you have to experience that as a kid. And of course it is nothing related to food.

Once you are an adult you immune system is mature and nothing you can do will make it better.

Should have avoided all those immunization injections when you were young if you wanted a strong immune system as an adult.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Hey Tonititan, you got me. I guess I did post this thread before. I just couldn't remember if it was on this forum or another. I am guilty.

BTW, I do think this is a fascinating topic.

This thread AGAIN? Was that you who posted this exact same thing a few months ago?

Edit: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thailand-Pla...ma-t350637.html

Yep, it was you. You didn't like the answers you got before, or do you just really think this is such a fascinating topic?

• 2 weeks later...