Silk Rd

dickie58

I've just had an email from a mate of mine who has a lovely big/expensive house in the SILK ROAD village, in Jomtien

Apparently there are plans being made for a developer to put up 2 big condos either side of Silk rd.

The owners of Silk Rd aren't best pleased to say the least, & an emergency residents meeting is being planned for this weekend.

Not sure what they can do about it?

Another mate who lives out that way, has just said he has seen signs on the land either side of Silk rd for that Korat condo there advertising all over town?

You wouldn't have thought that was the right area for a large condo development???

Not really sure if I'm thinking of the same "Silk Road" development that you are referring to...the one I am thinking about is a moobaan on the east side of Sukhumvit around soi Chaiyapruk. It's an estate of "upmarket" homes with a Spanish Mediterranean theme to them.

If that is indeed where new high-rise condos are being planned, it would be a rather odd place to put them as it's nowhere near the beach. As to the residents complaints, if the land for the condos was not a part of the original estate's land parcel, I don't see where they would have any right to complain about anything. Fallow land in Thailand can be used for just about anything...they could put in a pig abattoir there if they wanted to. This is always a consideration when buying a house/condo adjacent to undeveloped land.

Yes there is a dearth shortage of condos in and around Pattaya,I personally will not be happy until there is an oversupply of at least 10 condos to every potential purchaser.

Making mention of condos nobody has every mentioned The Vogue off Third Road/Lengkee,big development,but from what I can see no purchases at least on the frontage.The walls in this development are so thin that every other apartment can do without AC,the walls are sufficiently thin as to allow cool air to evaporate into adjoining flats,anyway at 3 million Baht they are a give-away.

Big signs up there for Koral Resort & Residence from 85 Baht / day?? From the big pictures at the location the proposed development looks massive!!

They are currently filling in the land on the Eastern side adjacent to Silk Road.

What can Silk Road do about it - NOTHING, unless they buy the land from the developer of Koral, However, they could probably manage to do that with the extortionate "fees" they charge at Silk Road!! :D

Actually, if they construct the condos on the west side of Silk Road, the residents should be thankful, it will shield them from their neighbouring very busy Concrete Batching Plant!! :)

Edited by LennyW

I happened upon their presentation at the Central Festival Mall last weekend and with the way they are spending money on promotion it is going to be huge

As another poster said, no matter where you buy in Thailand you can never tell what is going to be build adjacent, on top of, or near you

See for yourself what they are planning

http://www.thekoralpattaya.com/

Thanks for the link there Langsuan Man, after looking at that i would say the residents of Silk Road should consider themselves extremely lucky to have such an impressive looking neighbouring residence, if it comes off as proposed like.

Thanks for the link there Langsuan Man, after looking at that i would say the residents of Silk Road should consider themselves extremely lucky to have such an impressive looking neighbouring residence, if it comes off as proposed like.

I think you should have put the "if" in Capital letters and arial black :)

I think you will find that any condo at silk rd will be low rise and in keeping with the general enviroment. A little effort and you can see where the land has always been for this. I don't think owners need to panic.

The Koral website serves as a warning to buyers, no developer details, no timing etc etc - it will attract newbie buyers due to price, but without serious international names appointed this it looks very high risk as it is not small scale. Not unattacative though, I can just see mistkes they are already making by thinking its so good they can go alone and save on fees.

Based on how its presents now, mainstream Thai's will not buy.

Who is selling it? who will manage it? who is proposed to build it & when? what is the phasing as its big? the list of unknowns is probably quite long Sales office is in the wrong place.

I think you will find that any condo at silk rd will be low rise and in keeping with the general enviroment. A little effort and you can see where the land has always been for this. I don't think owners need to panic.

The Koral website serves as a warning to buyers, no developer details, no timing etc etc - it will attract newbie buyers due to price, but without serious international names appointed this it looks very high risk as it is not small scale. Not unattacative though, I can just see mistkes they are already making by thinking its so good they can go alone and save on fees.

Based on how its presents now, mainstream Thai's will not buy.

Who is selling it? who will manage it? who is proposed to build it & when? what is the phasing as its big? the list of unknowns is probably quite long Sales office is in the wrong place.

These are all worries for later.Now first get in the deposits and then we will have a look if it is possible to keep our promises.Thai style business at its best.

I see from the website it is where I thought...looks pretty big...those Silk Road residents are in for a world of construction hurt for years if it get built.

I looked at Silk Road years ago and concluded it was a typical over-priced development aimed at farangs. The show homes looked very nice and inviting but there was a dearth of practical space, the lots were tiny, and houses were chock-a-block next to each other. Surprised there always seems to be a market for this stuff.

I'm sure the residents of Silk Rd can't wait for the extra traffic this is going to bring to the area :)

I find Silk Road to be the one of the best of its type in pattaya, not over priced, small plots for sure, but overall a very well delivered project.

I used to laugh at the adverts - Silk Road, a little way out of BANGKOK.

I do not consider a hundred kilometres to be "a little way", even in Thailand

I used to laugh at the adverts - Silk Road, a little way out of BANGKOK.

I do not consider a hundred kilometres to be "a little way", even in Thailand

The website gives you the impression it is at the beach, which it is not.

The opening video from the ocean,

The sail boat in the pool?

"Fresh sea air" "heart floating"

Here's the scoop from the "location" page of their website:

koral_location.gif

Two minutes away from the city center??? :)

• 7 months later...

I just walked by the Korals main sales office in Central Festival. They are just in the process of dismantling their main show room. Maybe they "sold" all units or maybe the run out of cash? I also tried to call the phone number shown on the website, however, nobody answers.

I just walked by the Korals main sales office in Central Festival. They are just in the process of dismantling their main show room. Maybe they "sold" all units or maybe the run out of cash? I also tried to call the phone number shown on the website, however, nobody answers.

More likely they are in the process of moving to their elaborate showroom on site which was just completed yesterday, the piling is moving on rapidly at the site too, unlike a lot of condo projects around Jomtien - this one has an abundance of people working on it daily. (I pass the site 4 or 5 times a day!)

More likely they are in the process of moving to their elaborate showroom on site which was just completed yesterday, the piling is moving on rapidly at the site too, unlike a lot of condo projects around Jomtien - this one has an abundance of people working on it daily. (I pass the site 4 or 5 times a day!)

Yeah, just passed there 10 minutes ago and there is a lot of activity in the on site showroom and a lot of cars there, must be shifting from Central to there now.

I don't understand...what's there beef? They got their "Silkie" houses at silly money prices [i've been there and seen the development] and what did they expect, that all the open land around their moobaan would never be developed? They should just be thankful that a abattoir is not going in next door :lol:

They should be more concerned about the Phase 2 that's going into the Silkie Road development and the much cheaper and smaller houses that are planned...will bring in all sorts of riff-raff I would imagine.

^ You mean some kind of ghetto inside the silk road development?Wouldn't be wrong in some way since I have seen some of silkroad showhouses and they looked like eakmongkol quality.I also recall that you had to step outside of the masterbedroom to be able to take of your trousers.

^ You mean some kind of ghetto inside the silk road development?Wouldn't be wrong in some way since I have seen some of silkroad showhouses and they looked like eakmongkol quality.I also recall that you had to step outside of the masterbedroom to be able to take of your trousers.

They have opened up for sale "Phase 2" which is a patch of adjacent land that is assessable from the back of the original development. These new houses are about 1/3-1/2 the size of the original houses, with commensurate reduction in prices.