Programs That Tells The Location Of A Cell Phone

Potter

haha,

You've been watching too much CSI on TV.

There is no such thing.

However, for iphone users (which have GPS), it is possible to use a function called 'find my phone'. You can look it up on the Apple website.

There are actually several applications which do this and more. There is software you can install that gives you the option of switching on the phones speaker by dialling a certain number so you can hear what is being said at the time. there are others that will give you a position on a map ( marketed for parents so they can keep track on their kids YEAH RIGHT! ) These have been around for a while. You do need access to the phone to install most of these. Just having your phone switched on tells the phone provider exactly where you are via triangulation. People have gone to prison simply because they had their phone with them when they committed a crime. They do not even have to make a call, just as long as it is switched on is enough. There are things far greater in operation now than you will ever see on TV. Google project echelon. I worked as a fibre engineer and was often sent here as I had a high security clearance to work in military establishments. These guys from the American NSA listen to every telephone call, email ,fax, sat phone etc.

I believe there are several shops in BKK that you can get these spyware gadgets. I do know they are readily available in the UK. There are though far cheaper and easier ways to find out exactly where your teelak is :)

There are many websites that do this, I was tracked by a jealous gf when in the UK. You need access to the phone to accept the tracking sms to give authorization. She just bought a cheap phone and switched on tracking with one of the many website and then hide it in my car. It uses triangulation from the receiver mast as you move location and is accurate to within 100 meters, you don't even have to be using the phone but it must be switched on.

There are many websites that do this, I was tracked by a jealous gf when in the UK. You need access to the phone to accept the tracking sms to give authorization. She just bought a cheap phone and switched on tracking with one of the many website and then hide it in my car. It uses triangulation from the receiver mast as you move location and is accurate to within 100 meters, you don't even have to be using the phone but it must be switched on.

Wow - devious! How did that work out for her :)

For tracking, see here: http://www.themobiletracker.com/english/index2.html

Edited by nikster

haha,

There is no such thing.

However, for iphone users (which have GPS), it is possible to use a function called 'find my phone'. You can look it up on the Apple website.

ha ha ha

oh yes there is....call some people with stuff ,easy to obtain,

I think this should be restricted

from your mobile and it will tell you exactly where you are, the street, the location, the country, the length of the call, It will tell all SMS'd, what you have made and received ( unless you are using a phone with build in blocker)

It will get all the number's you have made and received.

My friend has given a normal looking phone to his girl. He does this so her can know all this and it even act's like a bug!

haha,

There is no such thing.

ha ha ha

from your mobile and it will tell you exactly where you are, the street, the location, the country, the length of the call, It will tell all SMS'd, what you have made and received ( unless you are using a phone with build in blocker)

My friend has given a normal looking phone to his girl. He does this so her can know all this and it even act's like a bug!

Some serious trust issues there.. :) but surely a lot cheaper and easier than hiring a private eye.... I must admit I am fascinated by this.

BTW you don't need a "built in blocker" you just need to restore the phone to the factory firmware, any mobile shop could probably do it depending on model etc. That would get rid of the spyware installed to track all this. There is no way to remotely track it, unless you have a court order.

haha,

There is no such thing.

ha ha ha

Some serious trust issues there.. :) but surely a lot cheaper and easier than hiring a private eye.... I must admit I am fascinated by this.

BTW you don't need a "built in blocker" you just need to restore the phone to the factory firmware, any mobile shop could probably do it depending on model etc. That would get rid of the spyware installed to track all this. There is no way to remotely track it, unless you have a court order.

what i saw in europe was something so tiny and innocent looking, made to look a normal part of the phone, I am guess only an expert would be able to tell, i was told it could also be molded into the frame, so very difficult for anyone to tell if existed

nobody needs, nor cares about court orders when dealing with these sorts of people.

They do not apply to do this nor care's about any legal concerns.

Slightly off phone topic, but I also saw a large coin which emits a thing called white noise( it cannot be heard by human's, thus located by human ear,and is great for annoying dog's). Try getting a good nights sleep with that around.

it also makes one irritated and uneasy.

The coin was very large, but easy to place( hide) and the battery lasted apx 3 day's. One company even certain "adjusts" certain type's of I-Pods to be used as bug, and tracker.

So, much out there.

Just been watching a program about phones, "Inventions that changed the world", in it there was a rebel leader or terrorist of one of those new East European countries who as soon as he switched on his satellite phone the the opposition pinpointed him and launched a missile that blew him up before he had a chance to finish his call.

The technology is out there.

:)

Hi

Some phone/provider combinations have the ability to get a rough location by the cell-tower info. I have a samsung on AIS that gives me a 1-3km estimate of location by the info from the cell tower, pumps directly into google maps java app. no GPS (or available in the phone either) needed, Id expect gps functions to hammer the batt too but hey different story. Oh and have a look into the lo-jack phones in the US for a laugh.

Cheers

Edited by Saraquin