How Much Do You Spend

Thailad

Went out last night with a mate, his gf and her sister (as the wife is away for the weekend)

3 bottles of Chang Classic 160 bht in a very nice Thai bar where all the waitresses are university students

Then a night club with live band and dancers, bottle of Whiskey and 6 mixers 600bht.

A great evening out for 4 people (we all got horribly drunk) ...... total 760bht.

Are you sure at 600 Baht including 6 mixers the liquid you were drinking was even close to whisky?Or you mean the thai thing.I read once in a medical encyclopedia that it was not suitable for human consumption. :D

Oh and be careful that the wife doesn't notice you spent that kind of fortune. :)

Edited by basjke

You're only spending 2-3000 bht in 9-11 hours?

Not enough...

You sure you're having any fun?

Don't you tip the entertainers at all?

There is a few Dancers i cannot resist,its more to do with their personality than beauty.

Although they are beautiful in my eyes.

I will break it down,everything + tip.

Taxi my place to Lower Suk 150b

6 beers lower Suk 440b

Taxi Suk-Cowboy 60b

12 beers cowboy 1020b

4 ladydrinks 400b

Taxi home 200b

=2470b

in pattaya i spend 3k per day , in isaan i go and have a few beers outside some 7-11 shop or small thai style resturaunt and spend around 400 baht a day, i get a nice big longneck leo up there with a glass with ice for 45 baht so a few of them and im happy

in pattaya i spend 3k per day , in isaan i go and have a few beers outside some 7-11 shop or small thai style resturaunt and spend around 400 baht a day, i get a nice big longneck leo up there with a glass with ice for 45 baht so a few of them and im happy
obviously in pattaya or bkk there are other temptations apart from alcohol :)
3k is about it for me, little more sometimes, cheaper with the missus.

Cheers Fellas thats the way.

They was getting stuck right into me when i first posted.

Impossible 2-3000b all day on the drink,cheap Charlie was the Cat call.

There is a funny smell of Sour Milk on this Forum.

I want to hear from a Party Animal that just cannot help himself,spends 20-30grand.

I am resident here but don't have too many big nights out - but when i do i normally go to places like Spasso, Q Bar, Bed Supper Club, Hard Rock- 2000-5000 baht per night on drinks...abit pricey but all have mostly good atmosphere and in those places there is always the chance of meeting groups of office girls on a night out who are always fun to hangout with and more if your lucky :)

More often- just drop off at one of the english/irish pubs next to BTS phrong pong on the way home from work for a beer or two- 300 baht,.

I am resident here but don't have too many big nights out - but when i do i normally go to places like Spasso, Q Bar, Bed Supper Club, Hard Rock- 2000-5000 baht per night on drinks...abit pricey but all have mostly good atmosphere and in those places there is always the chance of meeting groups of office girls on a night out who are always fun to hangout with and more if your lucky :)

More often- just drop off at one of the english/irish pubs next to BTS phrong pong on the way home from work for a beer or two- 300 baht,.

Now office girls you can't find there my friend, free lancers we call them here.

But still fun to go there, and if you are more happy to call them office girls , do so :D

Now office girls you can't find there my friend, free lancers we call them here.

But still fun to go there, and if you are more happy to call them office girls , do so :D

One man's office girl is another man's vice?

I know what you mean :D But i have met a few girls who weren't actually freelancers- but its a fine line ill give you that . Having said that, if given the right incentives, aren't most girls in the world potential 'freelancers' ?

I know what you mean :D But i have met a few girls who weren't actually freelancers- but its a fine line ill give you that . Having said that, if given the right incentives, aren't most girls in the world potential 'freelancers' ?

I don't want to offend any women (more power to you ladys!) but the answer to Expatj's last question is absolutely yes.

I don't want to offend any women (more power to you ladys!) but the answer to Expatj's last question is absolutely yes.

And i don't mind as long as they tell me "call me whatever you wan't darling" :D

100% depends where I am and how many of my girlfriends family/ friends are in tow.

A proper night out in Bangkok though i'd guess about 5000 baht for me and the girlfriend. In context that's me spending on holiday and I consider it cheap, i'd spend more on just me on a night out in UK.

In Mar. took out 3 lovely ladies for a night on the town. We went to a Thai night club. ! bottle of J.W. Black about 1500 baht, food and mixer about 2,000baht total. man did I have a hang over next day.

In Bangkok any were from 1000baht to 2000baht drinking beer, ladies drinks, and pool games. Great vacation ready to return in Nov.

Zero.

Thats very cheap, where is this place and is this inclusive the tequila's for the girls :D .

Myself i have 3 versions of going out:

1) With the family, eating in a reastaurant have some wine and brandy after diner for 5 people average 7,000 B.

2) Have a few beers in the pub, go home around 19:00, average 800 B.

3) Going mental :) ones a month, average 5,000 B.

Depends on the night out - if i'm headed home around mid-night then around 2,000b If I'm planning something a bit larger... then anything up to 10,000b.

But i do have a rule when it comes to lady drinks - if you ask me for a drink, you ain't getting one. I was getting somewhat p*ssed off going into a bar, drinking 2 beers and getting asked for 4 or 5 lady drinks (and then getting a 700b+ bill). If i like a girl, shes good fun whatever, i will offer her a drink, if some hooker grabs me 2 mins after i've got my first beer and starts asking for a drink.. she usually goes away disappointed :D I get called cheap sometimes, but i don't give a rats ass... its my money :)

Depends on the night out - if i'm headed home around mid-night then around 2,000b If I'm planning something a bit larger... then anything up to 10,000b.

But i do have a rule when it comes to lady drinks - if you ask me for a drink, you ain't getting one. I was getting somewhat p*ssed off going into a bar, drinking 2 beers and getting asked for 4 or 5 lady drinks (and then getting a 700b+ bill). If i like a girl, shes good fun whatever, i will offer her a drink, if some hooker grabs me 2 mins after i've got my first beer and starts asking for a drink.. she usually goes away disappointed :D I get called cheap sometimes, but i don't give a rats ass... its my money :)

Ain't nothing cheaper than asking a complete stranger for a free drink...

I am a bit of a sucker for buying friends... If having one cute girl at your table is fun, having 4 or 6 is even more fun... and if they are doing tequila shots, it starts getting mental...

For me spending is dependant on if I am in town for work or play...

For Play, 2,000 before dinner... from midday till 7 doing pool and beers, drinks for the girls... after dinner, 2 thousand from 7 till 10... starts going downhill... then 5 thousand from 10 till 2... it is pretty rare that I get away for less than 10,000.00 but it is only for a week or two at a time...

If I am working, it is usually about 7,000.00, 'cause I start later, but by then I am usually pretty thirsty... I also buy a water for every beer, to prevent the hangover, and get less drunk, but that adds up as well...

hel_l, I even managed to do 6,000.00 after dinner in Udon, but I was celebrating my wedding anniversary (my Farang wife back in farangland with the kids :) )... No take-out involved in my budget figures...

My hero is a mate who was sent to BKK at 23 as a graduate engineer in 2002... he was pulling in his Aussie wage of 150,000THB a month, plus 8,400THB/Day per diem (accommodation paid by the company)... he was working pretty long hours, and still spending more than he was earning... you are talking about nearly 14,000 every night...

Oh to be young again...

Daewoo

• 1 month later...

hel_l guys (and girls)...

I was in BKK and Koh Samui for a month. I spent quite a lot, but only once did I go as high as 2500-3000 on drinks and girls.

Included: karaoke room, a couple of plates of food, 5 girls for entertainment, I think 3 bottles of Johnnie Walker Red and soft drinks, a few packs of ciggies, and some pool beforehand. Total- 8300baht between 3 guys.

We had the room for several hours, stayed until a while after the closing time due to one of the guys being friends with the girls. One of the girls wasn't charged because one of our other girls jammed her finger in a door, so she just came to hang out because she was in pain and couldn't get home until closing time.

Most nights, I would have a long-neck or a small bottle at the hotel with tourists or at a food place with dinner.

Then I went to some regular 'party' bars and had 2-4 more, bought 2-3 for girls. Then hit a proper night-club where it's around 100-150 baht a beer and have a few there. All in all, I'd have around 6-10 beers a night and spend under 1000baht most of the time.

Obviously, I'd tip bit here and there, but I wasn't one of those silly farangs who tries to show superiority and generosity by tipping half the price of a drink every time.

I'd buy a drink or two, and if service was good, tip maybe 20-30 baht and get a couple more. If service sucked, nothing. If they were really good, friendly and talkative when I was bored and lonely or gave me some useful advice, playful or very polite and not greedy acting, I might tip 50 baht or buy them a drink when I leave.

I thought this was normal, but some tourists I see will argue the price of a beer then tip more than that... or order expensive drinks and demand good service while being rude and tip very little.

Edited by leemac

• 2 weeks later...

Having been here over 5 years, I stopped visiting or partaking in any of the go-go, beer bars, or other P4P areas several years ago :bah: ; I've found my expenditures for spirits now are quite on the manageable side :) .

Sitting outside my apartment at the food/beer/lao-khao shop for an evening with my thai friends watching tourists as they parade past costs;

A small bottle (or sometimes two) of SangSom (thai rum) 115 baht,

A 10 baht bucket of ice

Another 10 baht bottle of water for chasers, (as I drink straight shots :blink: ).

That works out to less than 3000baht a month. Plus I only drink every other day. ..

To me, it's a totally crazy waste of money just to numb/dumb the brain cells; but it makes thailand that much more interesting. ;)

Oh, I'm sorry, in re-reading some of the posts; I didn't know it had turned into a my cock is bigger than yours pissing match on who could spend the most. :ermm:

And now; back to the pissing match already in progress. :P

I am on a 1000 baht a day eating, drinking & entertainment budget . So if I do spend 2000 baht in an evening, it means I have to cut back two other days/nights to pay for that. Which of course is pretty easy. If I cut

back for 4 nights, I can have one hel_l of a weekend that's for sure. But it certainly does depend where you drink....40 baht a beer and 30 baht a sangsom & coke in a beer bar, or 140/160 baht a drink on walking street,

is one heck of a difference. At 40 baht a drink that's 25 drinks for your 1000, at 140 it is only 7 !! .......................................................................................................................................................... Jesus I must have had over 25 drinks on Saturday night then!!! Help!

Edited by photosonmytravels