Firefly From Kl To Samui

i had a proper bad experience with them and will never fly with them again. there office in malaysia is fine. it is samui. " the so called proffessionals" as they liked to call themselves. had me running around samui for forms that i did not even need. then i missed my flight which was not my fault. not only did they not refund the ticket but they would not even change the date. they ,made me purchase a new ticket. funny thing was because i now had 2 rtn flights back. don't ask why long story. i just asked the malaysian office if i could change the rtn flight to the day i was in penang. they did not even ask a question just charged me the the ringit amount that was about 400 baht in thai and i was back in samui that day.

the samui office basically stole money from me. they could have changed the date because fire fly is malaysian owned. they just sore another way to get some more mmoney out of me the proffesional cheating little ...

i told them i was going to the papewrs about it. they told me it would be quite dangerous.

sums it up really.

this was about 4 years ago minde.

Anybody done the transfer from Subang airport to K.L. main international airport ?

Does it take much time for baggage collection and transfer from Subang to K.L. main?

I''m looking at possibly trying: Samui to K.L. (Firefly) and K.L. to Bali (AirAsia) return without stopping off at K.L. for a nite if possible...

i would advise no body to fly with them unless they refunded me 30 000 baht that they conned me out of.

some people can do it no problem but if a problem arises. they will cash in on it. from Malaysian end they are no problem. just the crookes in samui i have a problem with.

infact i might go public about this. this forum has opeed up old wounds!

i would advise no body to fly with them unless they refunded me 30 000 baht that they conned me out of.

some people can do it no problem but if a problem arises. they will cash in on it. from Malaysian end they are no problem. just the crookes in samui i have a problem with.

As your problem is 4 years old don't you think you have left it a little late to start complaining again? Anyway, they don't operate to Penang at the moment.

In answer to the OP's original question I have a number of friends who regularly travel to KL on Firefly and they think it's a very good service.

Anybody done the transfer from Subang airport to K.L. main international airport ?

Does it take much time for baggage collection and transfer from Subang to K.L. main?

I''m looking at possibly trying: Samui to K.L. (Firefly) and K.L. to Bali (AirAsia) return without stopping off at K.L. for a nite if possible...

I did this for my honeymoon in February. It is possible but you'll need to check the flights because firefly only fly on certain days. You will need to have at least 3 hours between the flights, don't hang around at the airport and get out as soon as you can and get a prepaid taxi voucher. We made it with plenty of time but it all depends on the traffic situation. It is possible though!

Made it on one hour to Sepang (formula1 course).

That's located close to KLIA.

Kuala Lumpur - Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah/Subang (SZB):

Airport to Airport:

Taxi to KLIA Main Terminal 60 km/~65 mins.

To LCCT - Low Cost Carrier Terminal (KUL) 68 km/~70 mins.

Pre-paid taxi voucher available from desk in Terminal 3: MYR 70.

Source:

Click here

PS.

For Buzz: I think AirAisa fly from LCCT, be sure to check that.

DS.

Edited by PoorSucker

As your problem is 4 years old don't you think you have left it a little late to start complaining again? Anyway, they don't operate to Penang at the moment.

In answer to the OP's original question I have a number of friends who regularly travel to KL on Firefly and they think it's a very good service.

must be a TROLL !!!

4 years ago Firefly didn't even exist !!! at least they did not fly to Samui yet !!!!

I guess with any low cost carrier there's always going to be dilemmas due to fee's that can arise unexpectedly. I use to work for one and these things always happen. However, I've heard mixed reviews about Firefly - most of them being ok.

Also, whilst on the topic, what would be the best way to get from Langkawi (Malaysia) back to Samui? I was thinking of flying Langkawi - Subang then Subang - Samui.

Can anyone think of a better idea?

Cheers.

I guess with any low cost carrier there's always going to be dilemmas due to fee's that can arise unexpectedly. I use to work for one and these things always happen. However, I've heard mixed reviews about Firefly - most of them being ok.

Also, whilst on the topic, what would be the best way to get from Langkawi (Malaysia) back to Samui? I was thinking of flying Langkawi - Subang then Subang - Samui.

Cheers.

It depends how cheaply you want to go. We went last year, travelled by bus to Hat Yai and stayed over night. We then got a bus the next morning to Satun and bought a ticket for the ferry direct to Langkawi (buy the ticket from the ticket office not one of the tour guides outside the port). Was a pretty straight-forward trip but I would make sure you have it all booked before leaving Samui. Was the first time we had done a visa run and it went ok for us :)

must be a TROLL !!!

4 years ago Firefly didn't even exist !!! at least they did not fly to Samui yet !!!!

i am not a troll. when u lose 30 000 baht for no reason. it tends to have the nake of anoying someone. inn this case me. anyway penang started messing people around with visa. allot of buses stop going there now. so i suppose it is natural that fire fly would stop.

basically. the malysian end. i do not have a problem with. it was the crook i delt with that i had the problem with and yes it is too late to do something about it. can only write my own experience. up to you lot if u want to fly with them but if anything goes wrong and it is not your fault. they will not change the date on the tickets. evem though they should cause they do in malysia for 400 baht. they will make u buy a new ticket. and if u paid for a rtn ticket. u would lose that 1 aswell because. u might be flying the same day u r due to rtn.

then that is what happened to me. there was a problem in the airport. ( not my fault ). wasn't fire fly's fault either.

i asked them if they could change the date on my ticket for 1 or 2 days. they told me it was not there policy.

The thing is i was only a little bit angry. it was only when i was in Malaysia. When theytold me they can change the date and fly beck to samui that afternoon for 400 baht. that is when i got really angry.

maybe it has all changed by now. willhave to check. then again. chan't really be bothered. just won't fly with them any more. too hot to bbe running around chasing my tail :)

must be a TROLL !!!

i am not a troll. when u lose 30 000 baht for no reason. it tends to have the nake of anoying someone. inn this case me. anyway penang started messing people around with visa. allot of buses stop going there now. so i suppose it is natural that fire fly would stop.

basically. the malysian end. i do not have a problem with. it was the crook i delt with that i had the problem with and yes it is too late to do something about it. can only write my own experience. up to you lot if u want to fly with them but if anything goes wrong and it is not your fault. they will not change the date on the tickets. evem though they should cause they do in malysia for 400 baht. they will make u buy a new ticket. and if u paid for a rtn ticket. u would lose that 1 aswell because. u might be flying the same day u r due to rtn.

then that is what happened to me. there was a problem in the airport. ( not my fault ). wasn't fire fly's fault either.

i asked them if they could change the date on my ticket for 1 or 2 days. they told me it was not there policy.

The thing is i was only a little bit angry. it was only when i was in Malaysia. When theytold me they can change the date and fly beck to samui that afternoon for 400 baht. that is when i got really angry.

maybe it has all changed by now. willhave to check. then again. chan't really be bothered. just won't fly with them any more. too hot to bbe running around chasing my tail :D

I know how you always like to have the last word "C" (on most matters) but having said that it wasn't Fireflys' fault why are you advising against flying on them?

How come you're now so angry with Firefly after 4 years or have you been quietly simmering?

I'm afraid it sounds as though you are you being a bit of a drama queen! :)

Cheers.

It depends how cheaply you want to go. We went last year, travelled by bus to Hat Yai and stayed over night. We then got a bus the next morning to Satun and bought a ticket for the ferry direct to Langkawi (buy the ticket from the ticket office not one of the tour guides outside the port). Was a pretty straight-forward trip but I would make sure you have it all booked before leaving Samui. Was the first time we had done a visa run and it went ok for us :)

Cheers Perkie! I'll look into that one :D

I know how you always like to have the last word "C" (on most matters) but having said that it wasn't Fireflys' fault why are you advising against flying on them?

How come you're now so angry with Firefly after 4 years or have you been quietly simmering?

I'm afraid it sounds as though you are you being a bit of a drama queen! :)

30 000 baht is allot of money to lose.

i am angry because at the from the Thai end they lied and told me they could not change my flight. si i had to buy a new ticket. rtn. when i got to malaysia i found out that it wa there policy to change there tickets at a fee of about 400 baht. sorry but i would like to see how happy u would be in this situation !