More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

I read all this tit for tat comments and one upmanship......

Look at what is happening around you......

Why do you think the Reds have offered.... right now...to follow the road map.......

Who would then look like the fools if the confrontation steps up another level???......if more damage and killings now emerge......

Government supporters better hope this is finished quickly.....or they will lose credibility for their arrogant stance on this day

Think about it!!!

If the reds want to follow the roadmap, why are they still fighting?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys explain this?
AFP Report: Journalists a 'terrorist' target for Thai army. "The press is a target, as well as people at the protest site," Said Sunsern

The government spokesman Sunsern has now officially designated the press as "terrorist targets".

Someone has seriously lost their marbles.

And don't say I made this up, because it was just posted by ThaiVisa news.

Not it wasn't, what is posted here is reports from VARIOUS sources including twitter! AFP report as that one you quoted was from. Doesnt make them true! Lots of rumours and misinformation that turn out to be false or exagerated later. Him saying the press is a target doesnt mean HE ORDERED THE SHOOTING of press, it means they will probably get shot by SOMEONE. Dude... just learn to think a bit, dam_n.

Click here, read the first line:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Red-...02#entry3607502

Now, call me a liar again.

Dear other than Americans.

NO

Most Americans are not as right-wing and dense as the angry white yanks posting here against the Reds.

The losers are still upset that Obama was elected and are taking it out on Thai poor people.

Just say this to them no matter what they post.

Obama won

Get over it you pathetic cry baby losers.

Now about Thailand.

Most Thai people on all sides do not want to fight.

The problem is that there are powerful people on both sided who can and will back violence.

So far, as bad as it has been, the Thai people have shown restraint.

A huge compromise is needed.

My best wishes to all Thai people.

May times be better soon.

With all due respect, people who think this can be shaped into a western "right-wing" vs "left-wing" fight are just showing how little understanding they have of Thai poli-business. For example, Thaksin would certainly not be considered left-wing, but the reds are led by several ex-Maoists who want to do away with the "elite" class; but yet Seh Daeng was an infamous "commie killer" - all on the same team. You are saying right wingers support Abhisit. But his programs for the poor of Isaan - debt forgiveness, free medical care and schooling sound pretty left wing- more like something Obama would do. So go brush up on what's happening here before painting people who are against the Reds as right wing angry white Obama hating yanks. It's a bit more involved than that. btw, I'm happy Obama won, and I don't support the Reds.

Thank you Netfan, the lazy categories through which many want to view this dispute help with neither understanding nor resolution. Left/Right, Rich/Poor, etc. etc. none of them fit. A very different and very Thai dynamic at work.

What do you guys think would be the next appropriate step Govt could take if this violence carries on for furhter 2-3 days ?

Guys with "kill them all" approach pls don't reply...

hold the line

get the non combatants out

keep the others inside the ring

stop supplies getting in, cut off the money sources

keep your heads down and wait for the ammo the reds have hidden in Lumpini to run out

capture Veera and turn him with an offer of amnesty

No one is trying to "put any one back in their place". You are just spinning Thaksin's talking points. This is not about rural poor versus Elites. Many of the Red Shirt Leaders and Puea Thai leaders are enormously wealthy. These demostrations started because the government confiscated 1.4 billion dollars of illegal profits from Thaksin. Hello? Are you completely ignorant of the facts? The South of Thailand.. from Petchburi down to Pattani....include large majorities of farmers and poor. They do not support Thaksin. He lost the vote in the South in every election. The myth of the Thai poor versus the rich Elites has some distant truth in the past....but not now....now it is just a talking point of Thaksin, spoken to incite people against this duly elected democratic government.

You don't have to convince me... you have to convince people who are now seething at the fact (or what they perceive) as the injustices happening to their fellow thais during this protest.

You can blame what is happening right now to a single man (who isn't even in thailand or been in thailand for months, if not years).... you can shout it at the top of the mountain.. but when it comes down to it... can you CONVINCE those people who are upset at the current government? These people who for the most part haven't really armed themselves -- they somewhat in my humble opinion still believe in their government... If they stop believing that their government REPRESENTS them... and if they believe change only "comes down from the barrel of a gun" ... will you be able to CONVINCE these people who will THEN be carrying assault rifles and bombs ?????

Oh, these uneducated bumpkins.. so stupid... stupid people have changed governments before.. I wouldn't be so smug. These stupid bumpkins have been trying to change the government using relativity peaceful means.. if they don't think it can be done... trust me, violence will be used (as shown throughout history)...

Edited by eleison

AFP Report: Journalists a 'terrorist' target for Thai army. "The press is a target, as well as people at the protest site," Said Sunsern

The government spokesman Sunsern has now officially designated the press as "terrorist targets".

Source?

Government spokesman, AFP, ThaiVisa news clippings. ThaiVisa news (admin forum member) just posted it.

Now there is a real example of western reporting, they can't even understand other people's English.

Sunsern said: "The press is a target, as well as people at the protest site," (meaning they are in danger)

Then AFP reports "Journalists a 'terrorist' target for Thai army"

Need anyone know more about Western reporting???

Edited by rabo

Well, anyone who speaks Thai or has a Thai wife needs to watch this!! If your wife watches it, get the kleenex ready!

Watch This!

(can anyone tell me how to embed youtube videos on this site?)

My wife, MIL, sisters etc, just watched it and all burst into sobbing tears. It is above politics and shows the real feelings of the normal Thai person as to what is happening in this country right now.

If anyone can give a better translation please do, but what I picked up was this. The guy picks up an award at a Thai TV awards show, and during the speech says something along the following lines. "This 'house' used to have lots of fighting, the family were never happy and fought about everything. Then along came our Father, he worked so hard to build a beautiful new 'House' for us, where we could all be happy and live together. As a young boy, I grew up in such a happy house and my Father loved us all and we all loved him so dearly. Now some members of our family are fighting for someone else and want to destroy our 'house', and hurt our Father and even take him away. Why? If you don't love our Father anymore, then just leave our House and let us be happy once again with him, we love him and we would all die for him"

All very emotional and a standing ovation. It is flying around the Thai social networking sites at the speed of light. If this is broadcast to the 'normal' red protestors they will all go home within 20 minutes of watching it.

Please explain how Abhisit is Thailand's father?

Sure thing Abhisit built the country where the guy grew up as a child... Troll!

Edited by tgw

What do you guys think would be the next appropriate step Govt could take if this violence carries on for furhter 2-3 days ?

They must talk and make agreement to stop the violence and deaths.......go back to the road map.......and if the offer of the 14th of Nov as an election date was genuine.....offer this again with a dissolution date........

If the violence becomes prolonged and escalates, or the insurgents go underground all this death is for no reason........

The time to make agreement for the good of Thailand is now.....ignore what has brought them to this place, make agreement and work on the solution.......not sit around like halfwits discussing what is past.....like the people on this forum.

So there is your answer..... :)

This would be one of the Disinformation posts with AFP tags added.

Disregard it.

Nice one. Calling ThaiVisa moderators liars.

It's posted here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Red-...02#entry3607502

anyone who does not have red head syndrome would see that he means journalists have been targetted by the terrorists

meaning for simpletons like you

the red are trying to shoot the press

frankly the way some of the do their job at reporting this mess, i feel just the same....

Well, anyone who speaks Thai or has a Thai wife needs to watch this!! If your wife watches it, get the kleenex ready!

Watch This!

My wife, MIL, sisters etc, just watched it and all burst into sobbing tears. It is above politics and shows the real feelings of the normal Thai person as to what is happening in this country right now.

If anyone can give a better translation please do, but what I picked up was this. The guy picks up an award at a Thai TV awards show, and during the speech says something along the following lines. "This 'house' used to have lots of fighting, the family were never happy and fought about everything. Then along came our Father, he worked so hard to build a beautiful new 'House' for us, where we could all be happy and live together. As a young boy, I grew up in such a happy house and my Father loved us all and we all loved him so dearly. Now some members of our family are fighting for someone else and want to destroy our 'house', and hurt our Father and even take him away. Why? If you don't love our Father anymore, then just leave our House and let us be happy once again with him, we love him and we would all die for him"

All very emotional and a standing ovation. It is flying around the Thai social networking sites at the speed of light. If this is broadcast to the 'normal' red protestors they will all go home within 20 minutes of watching it.

Are you just pretending to be stupid? or are you really stupid?

There is surely only one person who can stop this now.

i assume you mean Thaksin?

THAI TV 11 now showing more Black Shirts w/assault rifles mixing with reds outside their fortress.

where can i see that channel?

is it cable?

it 'was' on #5 of TrueVision, it may be NBT, a very 'yellow' programme.

you may find this video clip ( soldier been attacked ) on youtube.

Here is one of the videos of armed blackshirt sniper firing while reds stand by. The other clip they showed was a different blackshirt(s) running from different points, again amoug reds. It was much clearer but I am not able to find that one on Youtube yet.

This one you need to pause when the times hits 101 thru 104 to really see the gun.

Watch This!

yeah . . . please bring it here with TRANSLATION too !

as far as I know that he referred to the FATHER, is a metaphor and he actually refers to the King. and about the current political situation too !

Watch This!

This is about Abhisit stepping down and calling for new elections. And meaning it, not just telling people to guess the date of the House dissolution. Because without an exact date of a House dissolution, you cannot have an exact date for an election. But only smart people understand how it works. The stupid people just saw Abhisit saying "elections will be held on November 14th".

Now, back to the issue. This is about Abhisit, nobody else. So it being about Abhisit, care to explain how Abhisit is Thailand's father?

For me too. The Thai Government has just blocked www.ireport.com

What's next? Kick out international media journalists? Arrest foreigners?

Not in songkhla I look at it now.

is boring and nothing you not see already.

can I change my handle here to songkhlasam to impress my mates and all the goons with BKK or Bangkok or Inasia in their handle?

just change it to waste of skin u fool go and swilll some more samsung you knob

The Sunday Times <script type=text/javascript> May 16, 2010

<H1 class=heading>From coup to class war</H1><H2 class="sub-heading padding-top-5 padding-bottom-15"></H2>

<script type=text/javascript> gSiteLife.Recommend("ExternalResource", "7127797","http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article7127797.ece"); Recommend? (4) div#related-article-links p a, div#related-article-links p a:visited { color:#06c; } What has divided 'the Land of Smiles'?

A Buddhist kingdom, Thailand is polarised between its elites and the poor in a struggle for power that has turned Bangkok into a war zone. The violence is threatening Thailand's vital tourism industry. Although 800,000 Britons a year holiday in the kingdom, there have been mass cancellations since the Foreign Office warned about the risks to visitors

What started it?

In 2006, Thaksin Shinawatra, the popular prime minister, was ousted in a military coup:

a miscalculation that made him a hero to the masses. Most polls suggest he would win any free and fair election. But Thaksin, a billionaire telecoms tycoon turned politician, is feared and hated by his rivals in the elite. They will do anything to stop him coming back

Who are the Red Shirts?

They started out supporting Thaksin but are now a mass movement preaching social change and class war politics. They are a challenge to the old order, which is built around the monarchy and the army. Among their ranks they include students and activists, as well as many down-to-earth villagers

What do the protesters want?

They regard the prime minister, Abhisit Vejjajiva, a British-born Newcastle United supporter who came to power in December 2008, as a puppet of the military.

They are demanding that he dissolve parliament and call elections

What's going to happen?

Thailand's old hierarchy is on the way out. The gap between rich and poor is too wide. Discussion of Thailand's most important institution, the monarchy, is stifled by strict laws. The revered King Bhumibol is old and sick. A privileged class of courtiers, soldiers and businessmen could see their status threatened, so there could be much more bloodshed before any genuine reform

hold the line

get the non combatants out

keep the others inside the ring

stop supplies getting in, cut off the money sources

keep your heads down and wait for the ammo the reds have hidden in Lumpini to run out

capture Veera and turn him with an offer of amnesty

well "holding the line" is the tricky part it seems... Nation has asked people to avoid 70% of bangkok now... they shud actually specify us where can we go...

Watch This!

yeah . . . please bring it here with TRANSLATION too !

as far as I know that he referred to the FATHER, is a metaphor and he actually refers to the King. and about the current political situation too !

Then take it to another place. not relevant to this topic as this man above this. hope not to have to read more of this guff.

THAI TV 11 now showing more Black Shirts w/assault rifles mixing with reds outside their fortress.

where can i see that channel?

is it cable?

it 'was' on #5 of TrueVision, it may be NBT, a very 'yellow' programme.

you may find this video clip ( soldier been attacked ) on youtube.

Here is one of the videos of armed blackshirt sniper firing while reds stand by. The other clip they showed was a different blackshirt(s) running from different points, again amoug reds. It was much clearer but I am not able to find that one on Youtube yet.

This one you need to pause when the times hits 101 thru 104 to really see the gun.

wow you,ve found a few clips of three days of heavy fighting with loads of press running around trying to catch great clips to show on tv..

but at the end of the day, all the deaths have been civilian so far,,so the army have been the main aggressor..

Source?

Government spokesman, AFP, ThaiVisa news clippings. ThaiVisa news (admin forum member) just posted it.

It can be explained by your eagerness to believe anything that supports a warped view in believing such nonsense without checking the source of the blurb ....

http://dalje.com/en-world/journalists-a-te...t-target/305588

"The press is a target, as well as people at the protest site," army spokesman Colonel Sunsern Kaewkumnerd told reporters, adding authorities had information "terrorists" were trying to attack reporters, police and soldiers

Watch This!

This is about Abhisit stepping down and calling for new elections. And meaning it, not just telling people to guess the date of the House dissolution. Because without an exact date of a House dissolution, you cannot have an exact date for an election. But only smart people understand how it works. The stupid people just saw Abhisit saying "elections will be held on November 14th".

Now, back to the issue. This is about Abhisit, nobody else. So it being about Abhisit, care to explain how Abhisit is Thailand's father?

Rao rak nai luang is the clue

Watch This!

Don't feed the troll, please

Watch This!

I watched that show TV3 (under duress by those that have to be obeyed)...very emotional ...even with my small understanding of Thai language the message was coming across loud and clear....but then a few of the posters on here will call all the people at the show "elite" whereas a lot of them are just average joe-blows who have/had talent and got off their butts and and improved their lot in life

They must talk and make agreement to stop the violence and deaths.......go back to the road map.......and if the offer of the 14th of Nov as an election date was genuine.....offer this again with a dissolution date........

If the violence becomes prolonged and escalates, or the insurgents go underground all this death is for no reason........

The time to make agreement for the good of Thailand is now.....ignore what has brought them to this place, make agreement and work on the solution.......not sit around like halfwits discussing what is past.....like the people on this forum.

So there is your answer..... :)

I think they should continue to starve out the protesters, continue to use snipers against people armed with dangerous weapons such as guns, grenades, rifles, molotovs etc.

They should setup well-manned road blocks everywhere and arrest anyone transporting tires, petrol, food, etc. to the protest area.

They also need to dispatch troops quickly to the new stage at Bon Kai.

Watch This!

I just have a feeling tht those people living upcountry in Isaan and other regions aren't the active on "social networking sites" ... I may be wrong though ... :)

And Thailand has its priorities pretty clear when they can hold a TV award function while quite a big part of the city is buring...

Watch This!

its well known that Thaksin has said to the reds like you, that you will all get paid and get your bonuses when Abhisit gives a date for House resolution and not before.

Abhisit knows that too, thats why he has not said a date and thats why the reds can't go home without it

no date, no pay!

something you should bear in mind..........

There is surely only one person who can stop this now.

i assume you mean Thaksin?

No i don't mean Thaksin, its too late for that now.