More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

Peaceful protesters do not steal billions of dollars worth or private and public property.

Like the yellow shirts? After they left government house, there wasn't a single valuable item left in there. Computers, furniture, cars, everything gone.

That is so much BS.

I also remember an report on television in Europe about the clean up of Suvarnabhumi Airport,... executed by the protesters themselves and the staff said afterwards they were surprised that all was still there and the computers worked fine,... Same for the Government house,... it was looted by other people. Yes, some of the infrastructure was damaged when they invaded the building, tru.

I'm not a yellow supporter, in fact, i suffered severe financial loss because the airport closure that time, I'm in export business, so it's not really my interest to play the yellow card.

But I can't have it when lies and hot air are blown.

You seem very good at it.

And it isn't possible that the lootings now are also being done by people other than the red shirts?

that's it, another for the ignore list :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... but just for "the record" here are the full screen shots of these sites. You can challenge my thoughts of course but not my credibility.

(Warning: Heavy sarcasm ahead)

Omg!! Totally Photoshopped!!!!! :)

LOL! (I am from the old school; I don;t use smiley for the LOL)

I just forgot to include your very nice avatar! It goes so well with the site pictures! Can I use your avatar please for my next photo-job?

Peaceful protesters do not steal billions of dollars worth or private and public property.

Like the yellow shirts? After they left government house, there wasn't a single valuable item left in there. Computers, furniture, cars, everything gone.

That is so much BS.

I also remember an report on television in Europe about the clean up of Suvarnabhumi Airport,... executed by the protesters themselves and the staff said afterwards they were surprised that all was still there and the computers worked fine,... Same for the Government house,... it was looted by other people. Yes, some of the infrastructure was damaged when they invaded the building, tru.

I'm not a yellow supporter, in fact, i suffered severe financial loss because the airport closure that time, I'm in export business, so it's not really my interest to play the yellow card.

But I can't have it when lies and hot air are blown.

You seem very good at it.

And it isn't possible that the lootings now are also being done by people other than the red shirts?

Yes that is possible, I never stated otherwise.

But that was not the point of my reply.

I will not comment on that as I have not yet seen any relyable information about who is looting now.

The only thing that we now know is that there IS people looting. Period.

that's it, another for the ignore list :)

You better do that. Don't want you to have a nervous breakdown for not being able to handle the truth.

More like i don't want to waste my time on ignorant fools :D

Bangkok burning, people dying, Thaksin shopping at Louis Vuitton Paris..

Here's a guy with his priorities all lined up.

Think he could've been to the Monaco Grand Prix with his daughter and a large contingent of hi-so Thai's affiliated with the red bull family. Anyway, I thought he was banned from EU states?

I don't know whether or not he was banned from the EU but there's something strange with this photo. We are told it was taken on the Champs Elysées in Paris but all the people around Thaksin are or look Asian.

The wife just said that only Asians shop there. She has been a few times and said the only white people you will see are the staff.

Let me say first that what I want to point with this post is only how the international media report the situation. I attach here 4 screen shots from BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN and Channel News Asia. All of them have the same title more or less: "Thai protesters defy evacuation deadline". The important think is the photos that are using for this articles. There is no photo of violence, 2 of them have kids, one is showing a peaceful group of people and another the dead military leader of the Reds (but not in a violent photo). The one conclusion is that the Thai government has lost for the time being the "media game". And it will need some very convincing arguments to change the mindset of the media. Is it important? No for the situation in Thailand but it is important for the credibility of the government at the international level. Very difficult days in front of Abhisit!

You have links to these articles? My guess is that you may not be being completely truthful.

I am sorry for you.

Just go to the first pages of cnn, bbc, al jazeera and channel news asia.

..... but just for "the record" here are the full screen shots of these sites. You can challenge my thoughts of course but not my credibility.

Your credibility does come into question when you continue to post pictures instead of links.

(Warning: Heavy sarcasm ahead)

Omg!! Totally Photoshopped!!!!! :)

LOL! (I am from the old school; I don;t use smiley for the LOL)

I just forgot to include your very nice avatar! It goes so well with the site pictures! Can I use your avatar please for my next photo-job?

I authorize it! You may use it for your next photoshop, showing Thaksin murdering little kitties that belong to the terrorist children that are roaming the streets of Bangkok.

Your credibility does come into question when you continue to post pictures instead of links.

I think these would be some of his sources:

www.cnn.com

www.bbc.co.uk

Let me say first that what I want to point with this post is only how the international media report the situation. I attach here 4 screen shots from BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN and Channel News Asia. All of them have the same title more or less: "Thai protesters defy evacuation deadline". The important think is the photos that are using for this articles. There is no photo of violence, 2 of them have kids, one is showing a peaceful group of people and another the dead military leader of the Reds (but not in a violent photo). The one conclusion is that the Thai government has lost for the time being the "media game". And it will need some very convincing arguments to change the mindset of the media. Is it important? No for the situation in Thailand but it is important for the credibility of the government at the international level. Very difficult days in front of Abhisit!

Abisit & the Govt need to hire the high powered PR firms that Thaksin has hired to turn out the sound bites suitable for western audiences and usable by CNN, BBC etc. I know they shouldn't have to do this but it's time to recognize that there is a media war being raged against the Govt somewhat orchestrated by ...... guess who & his money.

Think he could've been to the Monaco Grand Prix with his daughter and a large contingent of hi-so Thai's affiliated with the red bull family. Anyway, I thought he was banned from EU states?

I don't know whether or not he was banned from the EU but there's something strange with this photo. We are told it was taken on the Champs Elysées in Paris but all the people around Thaksin are or look Asian.

I know this is way off topic, and you make a good point but since I posted the picture, it occurs to me that the young lady sitting is possibly Paethongtan, his younger daughter currently in Europe. The tall man could be his bodyguard and the young lady facing the camera a friend of daughter. Remember, as a wanted fugitive, he travels with an entourage of heavies.

Frankly, it wouldn't matter if he was shopping in Reykjavik, he is an irrelevancy right now.

You are really a very sad person yea?

www.channelnewsasia.com/

news.bbc.co.uk/

edition.cnn.com/

english.aljazeera.net/

Abisit & the Govt need to hire the high powered PR firms that Thaksin has hired to turn out the sound bites suitable for western audiences and usable by CNN, BBC etc. I know they shouldn't have to do this but it's time to recognize that there is a media war being raged against the Govt somewhat orchestrated by ...... guess who & his money.

Thaksin is doing everything that Abhisit should have done. He's missed every opportunity so far. Thaksin pulled the poor and less fortunate Thais over and is combining the 2 causes, his own and the call for equal justice and opportunity. Abhisit didn't listen to them, he missed the opportunity. Now the media, Abhisit again missed the ball. All the government is doing is trying to push the media away from covering what's really happening, saying they're photoshopping or showing edited videos, telling them to leave as they're under sniper fire, etc. These reporters have worked in far worse situations, many of them in Iraq and Afghanistan, and they know especially that when someone tells them to leave, that something interesting will be happening, so instead of leaving they will dig in and wait.

Right or wrong, Thaksin is outplaying Abhisit and is forcing him to play the cards that Thaksin wants.

They need advertising revenue to covers their reporters expenditures as well as to roused their reader interests in their media coverage. True or false doesn't matter as long as their paper are selling like hotcakes.

You should know that violence sells more than no-violence (it is common knowledge that blood and sex are the hottest promotional materials) so they definitely don't do this for advertisement. As I've said in some of my previous posts, take a grip, sit a bit back and see the situation without red or yellow filters in front of your eyes.

Surely you're both right?

When it comes to newspapers, violence and sex sell!

And, the more they sell, the easier it is to attract advertisers... :-)

e

Thai news reported the sighting. Apparently the photo was taken by a Malaysian who was in the shop with a Thai. Also Thaksin would no doubt have been with other Thais - bodyguards, cronies and family.

I have to assume that anyone left supporting the Reds is simply trolling.

This is pure anarchism, not non violent protesting.

You can continue blaming it on the minority but if the leaders had any decency they would walk away and strongly condemn what is happening. Its clear that they openly support this violence.

The Reds have some points to make but its clear that their leaders are power hungry. Abhisit on the other hand has improved in my mind as he has been completely restrained through all of this.

Aww come on, if he's on screens inciting the crowds you're complaining, if he distances himself from the protests and goes about his business you're STILL complaining?? <deleted>..

Couple days ago all the loons of the forum were adamant that he was dead, and were making fun of fake pictures.

Let it go; for better or worse, the man is a side show right now.

I beg to differ with you Winnie...pretty sure he's still the coach even if he isn't stood on the sidelines

Thanks for ThaiVisa for posting a link to these photos, taken today.

One of the terrorists praying:

4612490782_65f35f979a.jpg

Fake monks:

4611877301_2cccb36c91.jpg

More terrorists, all of them heavily armed:

4611874403_86af036066.jpg

A young terrorist being taught something, probably how to make bombs:

4612485914_fc16185973.jpg

Chickens that were slaughtered to support the terrorists hunger:

4612473448_da43db36f8.jpg

More old terrorists, plotting the next attack:

4612478532_1255b7f78a.jpg

And if they were in China they would be dead now.

Australia, UK or America would be arrested and put into jail.

But in Thailand the government is supposed to do nothing and let people do anything they like.

2 months is beyond any limit for any Government to sit on the sideline.

Thais have become spoilt little rats. Thais don't respect rules in this country.

1 women was quoted saying "I don't want to leave I get free food here". :)

Edited by LindsayBKK

The one conclusion is that the Thai government has lost for the time being the "media game". And it will need some very convincing arguments to change the mindset of the media. Is it important? No for the situation in Thailand but it is important for the credibility of the government at the international level. Very difficult days in front of Abhisit!

I agree with this. I am embarrassed at how badly the situation is being reported in the Australian press. The standard of journalism is pathetic - very little research or understanding of the political background is being done. They just pick up the catchy UDD headlines and bang, there's your story, poor unarmed protested fighting for democracy and being brutalised by the regieme. I think the government has actually done a fairly good job of dredging up evidence about armed black shirt behaviour, but its a lot more effort for the press to explain and its a less attractive headline.

Let's face it, the international community (aaaaand plenty of TV members) are pretty skeptical about the credibility of any Thai government in general. A lot of people still believe the place is run by jack-booted thugs, and convincing them otherwise is not easy.

Then you have a billionaire with nothing to do but hire PR firms to spit out propaganda on his behalf while he tears the country in two and shops for manbags in France. Not a good situation.

Just one rhetoric question; can you see beyond these two persons? Anhisit and Thaksin? You are talking here for reporters that have years of experience and you thing that they play the game of Thaksin or Abhisit? I know the international reporters; the majority of them are people looking after the truth. I am sorry for my expression but they don't give a s..... about Thaksin or Abhisit. It might happens with the Thai media but with the international ones your reasoning is not valid.

The Army is a joke. Myanmar or Cambodia must be wondering how long it would take to take over Thailand. Either 1 or 2 days.

Lilkitty, what do you want the Army to do exactly?

They can contain the rabble, give people the chance to leave and minimize the deaths....

...or they can come in with tanks, helicopters, APC's, flame throwers, napalm and level the red encampment in 15 minutes.

They have been very disciplined and patient and I applaud them for that.

But I think they are going to show you just how much of a joke they are not very very soon.

Edited by DLock

They need advertising revenue to covers their reporters expenditures as well as to roused their reader interests in their media coverage. True or false doesn't matter as long as their paper are selling like hotcakes.

You should know that violence sells more than no-violence (it is common knowledge that blood and sex are the hottest promotional materials) so they definitely don't do this for advertisement. As I've said in some of my previous posts, take a grip, sit a bit back and see the situation without red or yellow filters in front of your eyes.

Surely you're both right?

When it comes to newspapers, violence and sex sell!

And, the more they sell, the easier it is to attract advertisers... :-)

e

read first, understand the series of posts and then reply :-) Yes violence sells but what I was telling is that the last hours the international media do not report on Thailand on the basis of violent pictures.

The wife just said that only Asians shop there. She has been a few times and said the only white people you will see are the staff.

Well, that's the truth. the LV shop is really full of Asians traveling to Paris. The Japanese are actually more than 50% of the tourists there. and they want to but EVERYTHING! I was leaving 4 years in Paris and very close to the LV shop and I've seen this tens of times!

OMG, don't let me hear anyone talk about 'government crimes' after seeing this disgusting picture.

What was the parent of this child hoping for in doing this criminally insane act? It only takes one red guard to spot a media sensation in the making.

Those of you still supporting the reds, do you want a country that is led by people who would do something as irresponsible as this? What do you think they will care for you, if this is all they care for their own children?

post-102593-1274083014_thumb.jpg

OMG, don't let me hear anyone talk about 'government crimes' after seeing this disgusting picture.

What was the parent of this child hoping for in doing this criminally insane act? It only takes one red guard to spot a media sensation in the making.

Those of you still supporting the reds, do you want a country that is led by people who would do something as irresponsible as this? What do you think they will care for you, if this is all they care for their own children?

post-102593-1274083014_thumb.jpg

I never talk much her as husband do talk for me

But this picture make me mad mad

today I ashamed to be Thai

If this is Issan man

I glad I find Farang, my husband make me dead if I do this

I am Issan Thai and say

soldier please kill all thai man at protest

I not cry for you, but many tears for baby who born your child

you worst man ever I see

Time all good Thai send message to temples and ask Monks to end your live quick quick

Buddha is peace, you are evil and must be gone

While the sentiments to kill all the protestors are extreme to say the least, it is young people like this child and others I have seen in various pics today that will carry the scars of what they parents are doing right now. These children will be asked to "visit the sins of the father" as the saying goes. Young innocents do NOT EVER, under any circumstances, need to be brought into protests on the whim of a parent.

I fear for those little Angels.The same way as I cried for the ones who became "collateral damage"

Please open your eyes Mum and Dad. Love those babies as much as you can and keep them safe.They are the future and you dont want to damage that.

Thank you

You are really a very sad person yea?

www.channelnewsasia.com/

news.bbc.co.uk/

edition.cnn.com/

english.aljazeera.net/

Talking about specific articles on these sites and posting screen shots of them to imply they say something while avoiding providing links to these articles makes no sense unless ....

Edit: Especially when you use the above link to cnn and it shows completely different pictures than what you are posting and seem to indicate the opposite of what you are saying in terms of the PM losing the media war ...

Here is the link to where both these pictures appear at the top of the page ... http://edition.cnn.com/

t1main.protest.fire.gi.jpg

c1main.catapult.afp.gi.jpg

Basically I don't question the credibility of the OP anymore but now have come to a conclusion.

Edited by jcbangkok

The one conclusion is that the Thai government has lost for the time being the "media game". And it will need some very convincing arguments to change the mindset of the media. Is it important? No for the situation in Thailand but it is important for the credibility of the government at the international level. Very difficult days in front of Abhisit!

I agree with this. I am embarrassed at how badly the situation is being reported in the Australian press. The standard of journalism is pathetic - very little research or understanding of the political background is being done. They just pick up the catchy UDD headlines and bang, there's your story, poor unarmed protested fighting for democracy and being brutalised by the regieme. I think the government has actually done a fairly good job of dredging up evidence about armed black shirt behaviour, but its a lot more effort for the press to explain and its a less attractive headline.

Let's face it, the international community (aaaaand plenty of TV members) are pretty skeptical about the credibility of any Thai government in general. A lot of people still believe the place is run by jack-booted thugs, and convincing them otherwise is not easy.

Then you have a billionaire with nothing to do but hire PR firms to spit out propaganda on his behalf while he tears the country in two and shops for manbags in France. Not a good situation.

You should go to the wikipedia and post your definition of pathetic journalism: when the journalists do not report according to my views! Well done Mr. Joseph

There really is only one answer that doesn't need more explaining unless you are a paranoid nut job who is against law and order and that simply is that they are trying to do this with the least loss of life and property .... including their own. You can get more into specifics but that is the bottom line.

the government's refusal to grant general amnesty has done wonders for law and order in bangkok in the last four days, hasnt it?

sometimes, in the false pursuit of law and order, lawlessness and chaos are borne.

They are not arresting anyone that leaves peacefully. They are giving them a free ride home.

The ones they catch being violent (attacking the army) are being put away if they are caught.

The yellow shirts and especially their leaders committed acts of terrorism, by leading their followers to take over a government building and hold it hostage for nearly a year,

It is nearly a year now that the yellows did these things? Wow. The further away an event is, the further distorted is the truth...