Myanmar Visa Run Question

Hello Forum, I'm applying for a fairly short term job in Bangkok & for various reasons would like to do the monthly visa run, rather than try to get a work permit.

My Question is, has anybody made the Visa run to Myanmar rather than to Cambodia or Laos? My fiance's family lives about a two hour drive from the Myanmar border & I could easily take a bus or get a ride to the Myanmar border when we're visiting them.

TIA

Many thanks Rolling Stone! Myawaddy happens to be the closest Myanmar town to my girlfriends house (in Thung Siliam - about 40km NW of Sukothai). It would be very convenient if I could combine our monthly visit to them with a visa run!

Is there anything I need to bring or do aside from my passport and 500baht? Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Hello Forum, I'm applying for a fairly short term job in Bangkok & for various reasons would like to do the monthly visa run, rather than try to get a work permit.

If you get sprung working without a visa and WP it is farewell to old Thailand forever. It is deportation and blacklisting. As long as you know what consequences there are before you start out.