I now live next door to my wife

17 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

It's the best thing that ever happened to us.

We're much more affectionate and into each other with a little distance between us (about 2 meters). I pretty much never initiate seeing her, she texts me if she wants to hang out. Sometimes (seldom) I demur.

I'm getting a ton more done for myself, like finally learning Thai (via the ThaiPod website). She's playing the piano again. (she's western, not Thai).

I  typically pop over for breakfast (which she enjoys making for me) and then don't see her again till about 6 for dinner and a bit of Netflix. I sleep in her bed maybe 3-4 nights a week, her in mine 1-2, and then sometimes it's great for either of us to just take a pass.

LIving Apart Together is now a huge trend among older couples. It saves a lot of relationships from divorce.

We were just too in each other's faces for too long and became a bit co-dependent. I am reminded of an old country song: How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?

Have You? Would you? Why or why not?

What ever floats your boat. At the end of the day, as long as she didn't see you just to get money, there's no shame 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The perverts on this forum will only be interested on who you are banging , whether you are banging her or whether you got a newer model in 

I don't consider myself to be part of that group.

But the question makes sense. What if he or she decides that someone else shares their bed.

Honey, sorry, not today, Noi will join me tonight.

And then?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What if he or she decides that someone else shares their bed.

Life is indeed full of surprises, but if she's got to work on it a bit getting to a four, interest-wise, for me, her chances of her looking for a little strange are less likely than her being hit by a comet.

The Thai Man -like for most white women, not much interest.

The typical expat guy here: She loves to hear their tales, but those tales typically disqualify them from nudity consideration.

Edited by Prubangboy

36 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I'd probably still be married if I traveled back then like I started doing a few years after the divorce.  I went from an office job to on the road engineering sales, but only after the divorce (30+ years ago) 

We get along fine, but even better when we don't live together all the f'ing time.  Absence does make the heart grow fonder.  

YMMV.

Not sure how that would have worked out if we had kids, but neither of us ended throwing any off.

40 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

No ... NO ... seems impractical. 

Me & wife are together 24/7, but not.  I'm taking the dog for walks, looking for elusive birds, flying drones.   Taking photos of anything, everything or nothing.

She's in the garden/greenhouse, doing laundry, ironing, making clothes, we're inside/outside at the same time, in different rooms and apart for good part of the day.  One day she's making something in the kitchen, same or next day, and I'm doing the same.  Means we usually have lots of leftovers.

Even in the same room, I'm watching crappy western TV, and she's watching crappy Asian TV.   We'll shop separately at times.  She, usually early morning, coming back from exercise park, me noon-ish coming back from walking dog (same)  park.

We don't need separate living quarters to be apart and enjoy free time.  Easily done in the same, rather small house.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, impulse said:

Absence does make the heart grow fonder.  

YMMV.

Esther Perel wrote a good relationship book called Mating In Captivity, about how over-familiarity kills the erotic spark for long term couples. I agree. I don't communicate with her for 7-9 hours at a time. It's like being in a pre-Iphone relationship.

When she "comes over" to my space, it's assumed that some kind of romance-stuff is probably going to be in the mix. It may be heavy, it may just be resting together on the bed.

A little distance lets a little demand pent itself up. If she's not feeling it, she might invite me over to her place instead. So far that hasn't happened. We read each other pretty well. She likes that me-invites aren't every day.

Dave Chappelle said that if he saw a woman taking a poop, he sort of had to be done with her. I can see his point a bit. 

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Down the street would be better.

Agreed.

But sometimes she needs my assistance and I like being next door.

Also, we really, really love our building. We have friends here etc.

When I lived in north Phuket, I lived a few hundred meters away from Thai ex #3 and also a few hundred meters in the other direction from Thai ex #2.  Both had small hotels (10 rooms) that I built for them and I lived in my own little guesthouse in the middle.

This worked out fine (for me), because I was able to pop over to see each ex, do any repairs etc that were needed and so on.

The fly in the ointment was that these 2 exes hated each other!! - a lot of jealousy between them.  I ended up as 'piggy in the middle' 🙂

• Haha 1

I kinda get this.

I love my wife, she loves me but to be around each other 7x24 one of us would be dead.

Thankfully we both work, so kiss goodbye in the morning and come home at dinner time to recount our boring day at work.

Isn't that how life works?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't consider myself to be part of that group.

But the question makes sense. What if he or she decides that someone else shares their bed.

Honey, sorry, not today, Noi will join me tonight.

And then?

And then....?

Make it a ménage à trois, of course.

What were you thinking?!

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The perverts on this forum will only be interested on who you are banging , whether you are banging her or whether you got a newer model in 

Or a roster...

Personally, I would not waste my time with a woman as old as I.

For me, the perfect age is either 42 or 24, depending on my mood.

I like to look at 24's. But, I like to talk to 42's.

Any older than 42, and women become too saggy and baggy for me to wish to start up with them some sort of unconventional new relationship.

For me, the best option, and I have thought about this often, would be this:

a. I move to a new place with twice as much land as I now have.

b. I move into the big house.

c. I build a prefab type bungalow on the opposite side of my property, something comfortable but not too big.

d. Then, I just install an intercom system between the big house and the slave quarters, and I bet I will have it made in the shade.

e. I don't like to share time with a partner when I would prefer to be alone.

f. I could just buzz her if I felt like having a game of Chinese chess, or a cup of tea, or a massage, or almost anything.

This would be the perfect setup for me....A "big house" with slave quarters on the same property.

I am confident that I would be able to easily find a few 42's to occupy the bungalow.

But, I also think that setting this up might just be too much trouble for me, at present.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

or maybe "can I bang her?"