The Sausage Brand With No Fillers/extenders

I'm a low-carb type of person, so I don't like sausages/hotdogs with lots of fillers/extenders containing flour/breadcrumbs, etc.

Which brand, available in Bangkok, would you recommend?

Is EZ's German Sausages any good? (see the stalls often in Tesco).

How about those CP sausages in 7-11?

And those brands in MAKRO?

I'm not a sausage expert so I can't tell by the texture, but maybe some others here in the forum can tell?

Cheers!

. :)

Edited by junkofdavid2

Sukumvit soi 5 at Foodland (24 hours) has a resident Wurstmeister who makes a large variety of sausages. They are of highest quality and best flavor. I even found a sausage from my youth in south Louisiana there. Another place that makes sausages is Otto on Suk 21; not too deep in the soi on the left. Otto has a German restaurant also.

I think Hebrew National franks and sausage products meets your specs but don't know if available in Bangkok. Their website shows available in the US only.

I've seen them here, central chidlom I think... but very expensive.

I'm not poor, but I ain't rich either. :)

Sukumvit soi 5 at Foodland (24 hours) has a resident Wurstmeister who makes a large variety of sausages. They are of highest quality and best flavor. I even found a sausage from my youth in south Louisiana there. Another place that makes sausages is Otto on Suk 21; not too deep in the soi on the left. Otto has a German restaurant also.

Totally agree with the foodland products! I know their german Master butcher and he knows his job very well.

When you ask about the 7/11 products and other brands: As bigger they are as more filling etc. they use when making sausages.

Make an easy calculation: What is the average price of 1kg pork meat, let's say between 120-130Baht. How can you make sausages for the same price or even cheaper???

Correct: Use a lot of water and fillings........

May be more tomorrow, just arrived from Penang with a fresh 1 year visa :)

Gerd

Totally agree with the foodland products! I know their german Master butcher and he knows his job very well.

When you ask about the 7/11 products and other brands: As bigger they are as more filling etc. they use when making sausages.

Make an easy calculation: What is the average price of 1kg pork meat, let's say between 120-130Baht. How can you make sausages for the same price or even cheaper???

Correct: Use a lot of water and fillings........

May be more tomorrow, just arrived from Penang with a fresh 1 year visa :)

Gerd

For me, grow your own pigs. Cost of production well below that figure, plenty of room to move on prices even allowing for professional slaughterhouse and foreign butcher. Why stop at sausages?

Isaanaussie

Good idea, but I guess not all of us can grow our own pigs... :D

Although I think pork can be had for about 95/kilo at Macro.

Still, I'm looking for a quick and convenient breakfast that I can just pop into the microwave before heading off to work in the morning. A good quality sausage is ideal.

:)