Cctv Installer Needed

robkey69

Hi,

I have a house in Ban Chang and want to install a CCTV system with internet viewing. I have DSL at my house but I'm having trouble opening the ports for remote viewing. My brother in law was suppose to line this up...but guess what TIT....I guess golfing takes priority over his Farlang brother inlaws request...It's been 1 year and I want to get this done..

Help

Do you have it installed already, but are unable to get the remote viewing to work?

If so, what is the model of your DVR (the camera box) and the model/brand of you DSL modem?

With this set up, most people not really struggle with port forwarding, but rather with the fact that ISP's assign you dynamic IP addresses. Not all DVR boxes properly support the updating from a dynamic DNS provider...

couldn't just pc or notebook, a usb hub and several web cams attached to it via internet connection be used and controlled via remote desktop or team viewer...?

Not really, unless you have very fast upload speeds.

Remote desktop viewing is not optimized for streaming video...

You could do it I assume with dedicated software (both server and client side), where the software will transmit the video in a highly compressed format (likely h264 or something like that).