Game Boy

nisha0901

I am looking out for a cheaper version of PSP for my 5.5yr old son who has just learnt a bit of gamming on my mobile . I dont wanna invest 5000 thb on a PSP or 2500 thb ( thats the rate i got at MBK ) at this stage , as i dont know how much long he will continue having fun with these games

what are the cheaper versions called and where can i get them ? how much would they cost me ?

I am looking out for starter level games :)

I think the only games cheaper than this are games printed on pieces of cardboard, like scrabble, etc. Even then they are not so cheap.

In my experience once a kid gets hold of one of these psp / nintendo ds style devices they don't put it down until it falls apart.

I would advise the psp, the ds is good and has more childish game, but i havent seen them so available here. The psp isnt too badly priced, though i understand ur concern that it would be alot of money should he grow tired of it in a week. Though i have never seen a child get bored of there games console (until a newer one come out at least).

Here most of the psp's are chipped or can be, and that means you get 100's of games for a few hundred baht. Though mr.sony wont be happy im sure ur child will, and i wouldnt have any concerns of them boring of it. To be honest anything cheaper out there isnt really worth getting.

I think the only games cheaper than this are games printed on pieces of cardboard, like scrabble, etc. Even then they are not so cheap.

In my experience once a kid gets hold of one of these psp / nintendo ds style devices they don't put it down until it falls apart.

What about Monopoly with real cash?

Edited by Sisaketmike

What about Monopoly with real cash?

I am looking out for games that can be taken around ..like he gets bored during flight transits and waiting at hospt ... at home he does play on the comp !

The Nintendo DS is the other handheld and is cheaper than the PSP. I think it's around 3,500 including the flashcard and R4.

Those 2 (PSP & DS) are the current generation handheld games. If that is too expensive you can get the previous generation Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP (there is no previous generation Sony handheld), which has a single screen and folds closed. Nintendo games are more popular with the younger kids (and some big kids) especially Nintendo's own titles with Mario, or Pokemon etc.

Don't bother with any other brands, there are none, only cheap Chinese junk copies. You could probably get a second-hand one if you wanted to save even more money.

Don't worry about kids not being interested in video games. They are like crack cocaine.