Thousands Of Thai Protesters Defy Deadline To Leave

webfact

The Red Shirt leaders remind me of Lord Farquaad in the movie "Shrek" who tells his soldiers as he send them on a mission: "Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to make."

I would also like to add that parents who have kept their children in the line of fire should receive a double sentence. If they want to be martyrs, that's fine, but they do not have the right to put their children in such danger for any reason. Let's hope there is little if any loss of life.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

elcent

Pheu Thai MPs, party officials rush out of party head office

Pheu Thai Party MPs rushed out of the party at 3 pm and closed the party head officer, leaving red-shirt people outside.

The MPs and officials at the party head office, which is located near Montien Hotel on Suriwonge Road, left the head office when a plane distributed copies of an order of the Centre for Resolution of Emergency Situation, urging the people to leave the protest zone.

Earlier, the party allowed red-shirt people to gather at the party if they could not join the protest at Rajprasong.

The MPs included party spokesman Prompong Nopprit and Bangkok MP Wicharn Minchainan.

The abrupt closure of the party's door caused the red-shirt people there to become dissatisfied. They complained that the MPs left women and children without caring about their safety.

Now we see how the elite value their pawns.

yap!!! the thugs are running for their lives and leaving women and kids behing!!! HOW NICE!!!

Ok Reds! Defend this action - by your electoral saviors the PTP party! I'll wait.

Would you call that boy looking over the tyres a human shield.I suggest you print something factual.My thioughts would have been,he is showing the boy to the soldiers to show that he is there.

NOW

If someone had said the boy should not be there i would have agreed but dont spout crap on here

I can only hope that I don't know you in the real life, that I never met you, and that I will never meet you.....I am disgusted by your post

I agree, what difference does it make how you title this act, no matter what, it is CHILD ABUSE. You cannot make up any phrase or word that I would consider to harsh to describe this.

Anyone who accepts this behavior or defends ANY part of it should be ashamed.

Read the post again after the word NOW,na dthats what i said,i was correcting the poster,and you are right it is child abuse.

Calm down posters i am not defending the reds even though its been coming for years especialy with the way farangs behave in Bangkok,just like the elite tossers who have started this years ago

Would you call that boy looking over the tyres a human shield.I suggest you print something factual.My thioughts would have been,he is showing the boy to the soldiers to show that he is there.

NOW

If someone had said the boy should not be there i would have agreed but dont spout crap on here

Is there a NEED to say that the boy should not be there?? What responsible person would ever put a child in harm's way?! You have to be out of your mind.  He seems to be telling the boy to wave to the soldiers. He is showing the soldiers to the boy, not the other way around.  This is by far highly inappropriate behavior, regardless of whether or not you call the kid a human shield.

NOW

I can only hope that I don't know you in the real life, that I never met you, and that I will never meet you.....I am disgusted by your post

I agree, what difference does it make how you title this act, no matter what, it is CHILD ABUSE. You cannot make up any phrase or word that I would consider to harsh to describe this.

I fully agree, what's somtampon's point in defining what this abuse is exactly, that tard puts the child in extreme danger (maybe to make the kid a martyr and become rich?), but whatever it is and the reason for it, it's wrong and pathetic.

NOW

That's what a human shield is - "don't shoot at us behind standing behind the red barricades because we have brought our children here."

Not even worth a reply if thats what you think a human shield is

Please provide us with your definition

NOW

Really, what an over reaction. Look again at the distance to the army. It would take a sniper to hit that kid, and no sniper would, due to the fact that the quality of scopes on those sniper rifles would easily show the shooter, its an enfant, but you TV radicals go ahead and make mountains out of mole hills. You are very good at that.

The Red Shirt leaders remind me of Lord Farquaad in the movie "Shrek" who tells his soldiers as he send them on a mission: "Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to make."

I would also like to add that parents who have kept their children in the line of fire should receive a double sentence. If they want to be martyrs, that's fine, but they do not have the right to put their children in such danger for any reason. Let's hope there is little if any loss of life.

How can anybody who watches Shrek be taken seriously,its for kids mate,didnt you know

Edited by somtampet

NOW

You have gotta be kidding me right? you can see the man hiding behind the tyres while the kid is propped up... Man obviously thinks they will shoot otherwise he'd be up there with him... :)

outrageous!

The kid probably just got off from working all night selling flowers down at Nana. My point is I have long been disgusted by child human standards in Thailand.

<deleted> exactly are you insinuating?!?!? Dare to elaborate SFB.

I am stymied at how they plan to really proceed though. I don't see how they can move in from here. I also think that Sae Daeng's ronin will open fire on the hostages inside the red compound if the government moves in, in a bid to discredit the government.

I hope they have a plan that can give some safety to the grannies and children.

agreed, we've seen already how quickly the red shirts can make a decision to kill their own to further Thaksin's cause. I feel sorry for the government and army to have to try and put down these animals.

The Reds have now defied the 3pm deadline and broken the law.

As a consequence, the government will now make an announcement that... "the Reds have broken the law."

:)

If the Army is worried about people breaking the law, why don't they just arrest themselves for the illegal coup. With the Army self-jailed, all would be peaceful in this lovely Kingdom.

NOW

Read the post again after the word NOW,na dthats what i said,i was correcting the poster,and you are right it is child abuse.

Calm down posters i am not defending the reds even though its been coming for years especialy with the way farangs behave in Bangkok,just like the elite tossers who have started this years ago

I read and understood your posting, and was disgusted by it. the idea of

"he is showing the boy to the soldiers to show that he is there" is shameful. They should have taken that boy home a long time ago.

If I as a farang am behaving badly by telling you clearly you have no business mitigating this act in any way then I am prepared to be that kind of jerk. The way Thai's let children work late at night in patpong or allow 1 month old babies to ride on motorcycles has always disappointed me. You can blame farang all you want, I refuse to budge on this issue.

NOW

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I get less and less surprised by farangs on here,with their blinkered views and make up stories.In fact i would suggest a lack of reality too.

Seconded

NOW

Your CRAZY! No excuse for putting innocent child in line of fire. Did he ask to be there? In the U.S.A. they cite you for not having a child in a car seat!!!!

Agreed, all it would take is a soldier to not see the clearly that it was a child and to shoot. I think the father actually wants his child to die, then he can carry the body around with big crocodile tears. Disgusting redshirt f###!

How can anybody who watches Shrek be taken seriously,its for kids mate,didnt you know

You most likely have no children or are too young - I used to watch a lot of children's movies with my daughter when she was younger, something fathers do now go back to your beer or pills

NOW

That's what a human shield is - "don't shoot at us behind standing behind the red barricades because we have brought our children here."

Exactly a human shield is a human shield

" If you stay home, will you die?" former PM Samak (RIP)

NOW

No parent should have a child there in the first place...how many warnings???

Wow! The reds defied the deadline? I thought that they would pack up and go home peacefully :D .

Well since the reds claimed a million would come that means that with 5000 remaining, 995,000 have gone home.

No, that means that 995,000 never showed up. Look at the havoc that a mere 5,000 have caused. BTW the pic. of the human boy shield is disgusting. Our little boy about his age. Churns my insides. :)

Taking any child to what to most people LOOK LIKE A BLODY WAR ZONE

poor child is nothing else than a human shield to his parents Shame on them :)

and anyone suporting that kind of behavior

NOW

Not even worth a reply if thats what you think a human shield is

The Reds have now defied the 3pm deadline and broken the law.

As a consequence, the government will now make an announcement that... "the Reds have broken the law."

:)

If the Army is worried about people breaking the law, why don't they just arrest themselves for the illegal coup. With the Army self-jailed, all would be peaceful in this lovely Kingdom.

Or commit sepuku (hara-kiri ) like in Japan after apologising for their failure .

Yes everything would be paeceful even the minuscule area held by the reds

in BKK .

Seems obvious at this point that no matter what goes down, the red leaders and their goons are maniacal enough to die in place rather than accept the ignominy of defeat. Soldiers will under intense and lasting pressure eventually snap and unloose their deadly volleys aimed at live human targets instead of firing over their heads. This will decimate dozens, perhaps hundreds of impassioned reds...many (most of?) of whom have been hoodwinked into this and have no idea how really perilous their situations are. That these crazed zealots are willing to die or be wounded/maimed to glorify their paymaster living in the lap of luxury abroad leaves me speechless...all for some remote promise of increased government doles if he is returned to power. There is apparently never a thought at all for the future of Thailand and what horrendous damage is being done here. It also appears that the army will continually pick off the hotheads and idiots who take the battle to them, attrit the defiant & armed members of the mob and then the remainder will be forced to capitulate.

Where this outcome will leave the movement is the ominous question...will it be resurrected in similar nightmarish scenes across the landscape in the coming months and years? It certainly seems likely. Batten down your hatches my fellow ex-pats. All of you who have encouraged violence--regardless of the color you wear--will be eating your words when somebody snipes at you while you are driving or you are no longer able to live here because of the loss of any remaining civility or law and order; when you must pull your kids out of school for their safety; when you cannot buy what you need because the inland transportation infrastructure has eroded; when roving bands of thugs pillage the countryside, and when Thailand slips away into chaos and anarchy runs rampant in what we all used to fondly call the Land of Smiles. Am I being a doomday pessimist? I truly hope not, but the future is very unpleasant for us unless a strong unifying force can bring about healing and depolarize this badly divided nation.