Is This Civil War?

crudy21

Although i am English and live in England i can't help but wonder what is to become in Thailand, even if the troops went in and cleared the main site in Bangkok well surely it would spring up again somewhere else?

On a pesonal level it has no real effect on me apart from my usual 2 or 3 yearly trips to Thailand (which really are getting fewer because of the exchange rate) are put on hold but it is truly heartbreaking to see what is happening. I have many friends in Thailand and many Thai friends in my own country and they all seem to be unsure of what the future holds.

Lets say it ends semi peacefully in the next day or 2, can anyone see a peacefull future? I honestly can't.

So sad!

I disagree in a few weeks/months i bet this will be over and peace returns- the fact that there are only a few thousand protestors even now ( at the peak of the troubles) compared to a population of 50 million plus indicates that things will return to normal after this is over.

Generally it takes 100,000s of protestors on the street to create enough instablity for a civil war or massive unrest. 5-10,000 is nothing.

I bet you within a month there is a massive rally in the thai stock exchange as foreign investors pour money back into thailand.