Depenant Visa Whats Needed?

Hi

I have been looking into a dependant visa, but i'm getting know where. I have a child

to a thai lady (not married) . I have an 'O' visa already and the money is not a problem.

My first visit to Immigration (Pattaya) i was informed i needed a letter from City Hall due

to the fact i was not married. City Hall said i had to go to my local Ampur getting there

they said i had to go back to City Hall. I would be very greatful of any information like

where i can obtain this letter and how old the child has to be, forgot to mention my

daughter is four years of age. :)

For an extension of stay based on a Thai child you need a letter from the amphur (believe Khor ror 14) stating that you have custody over the child. You also must live with the child to be able to get this extension.

That means you must have legitimized the child (officially recognized the child as yours) under Thai law. No legitimization, no extension. So the question is if you officially recognized the child as yours under Thai law or not. mentioned Khor ror 14 form confirms that. The birth certificate does not.