Thai Government Announces Additional Public Holidays On May 19-21

webfact

I'm in bkk and would like to get a re entry permit as I'm leaving thursday. any ideas anyone? What are my options? thanks.

u can make it at Suwannabhumi Airport ; can check it here :

immigration bureau

thanks, i didn't know they had an office there. it doesn't mention what time it closes, will call to find out. thanks again.

It should be open 24/7 it's located at the centre set of passport control (by the Thai check in desks) BEFORE you go through immigration.

Answering machine from immigration dept... What would we do without TV. Thanks Crossy.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know if the post office will open on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday? It has already been closed yesterday and today. I have a package waiting to be claimed there with important medicine for my condition that I cannot get in Thailand.

:)

I have been trying to confirm whether the Immigration office for Chonburi In Jomtien is open or closed this week.

I have tried phoning many times but no reply so it may be other Immigration offices are closed not only in Bangkok .

Still hoping someone can confirm for me

i confirm the office for chonburi in jomtien is open (and busy), i get my 30 days extension 45 minutes ago, just back home from the office (crowded more than usual)

anyway, this is the office phone number 038252751

Thanks for info I go to get my Retirement visa renewal tomorrow I hope.

That was the number I have been trying for the last 2 days perhaps 15-20 calls no reply

Again thanks for info

Is this for all of Thailand or just for Bangkok please? I have a manufacturing company (UPVC windows) not in Bangkok and that is the reason for the question.

Do you make Bullet Proof Glass? on your windows :D:)

Can anyone confirm what it actually means when the government calls 19 - 21 May Public holidays in Bangkok? I have read that it is for all Bangkok businesses in some places and then in others it says this is only for Government office staff.

Appreciate if someone can provide confirmation if its all businesses or only government offices?

How do I handle my one year visa renewal which runs out this week?

go the first working day after the visa ends. Thats the rule.

I got in the country the 8th while my visa expired the 8th, they knew I could not get it extended as it was saturday.

but this want a problem. just go on monday they said

I have been trying to confirm whether the Immigration office for Chonburi In Jomtien is open or closed this week.

I have tried phoning many times but no reply so it may be other Immigration offices are closed not only in Bangkok .

Still hoping someone can confirm for me

i confirm the office for chonburi in jomtien is open (and busy), i get my 30 days extension 45 minutes ago, just back home from the office (crowded more than usual)

anyway, this is the office phone number 038252751

Thanks for info I go to get my Retirement visa renewal tomorrow I hope.

That was the number I have been trying for the last 2 days perhaps 15-20 calls no reply

Again thanks for info

i called upon today 9AM and got answer at first attempt... been lucky probably

Edited by janderton

I'm in bkk and would like to get a re entry permit as I'm leaving thursday. any ideas anyone? What are my options? thanks.

u can make it at Suwannabhumi Airport ; can check it here :

immigration bureau

thanks, i didn't know they had an office there. it doesn't mention what time it closes, will call to find out. thanks again.

It should be open 24/7 it's located at the centre set of passport control (by the Thai check in desks) BEFORE you go through immigration.

checkpoint at suvarnabhumi doesn't issue re-entry visas anymore since jan 15, 2009

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Suvarnaphumi...06#entry2456906

Silly question but if one had to get to a hotel on rachada tomorrow morning for some staff training that apparently can't wait until this is over (can't access the office), is it possible to turn right at rachada coming off rama 9?

Thanks in advance.

Found this on the Immigration website

impossible to download the pic, can u give the link of where u see this announcement, please

thank you

It says:

Anouncement

Thai Immigration Bureau at Soi SuanPlu, The Government Complex and Chamchuri Square Building will be closed on 17th-18th May 2010.

For foreigner who are leaving the Kingdom and would like to apply for re-entry permit, Please contact Thai Immigration at Suwannabhumi Airport or Thai Immigration Checkpoint at the border.

For foreigner who stay in Bangkok and overstay on 17th-18th May 2010. And would like to extension of temporary stay, Please contact Immigration Division1 on the first day of office open will except fine for overstay.

I have not corrected any of the spelling or grammatical mistakes in the original. I am English and I interpret the last stanza to mean "...please contact Immigration Division 1 on the first day the office opens after this public holiday. Thai Immigration will make an exception for any overstay fines that would be otherwise payable.

I have just had Phone call from postal worker and certain post offices will be open tomorrow apparently . Ban Khae/Phasi charoen/Nong Khem in particular will be open also all through the post office in Soi 122 Phetkasem Road has been open

Incompetency at its worst.

When they can't deal with a problem they call for Public holiday. Who ends up getting hurt and pay for it is the employers, that have to pay extra to the employee, at the same time they are not making money.

This can only go so long and I guess the employer will either mover other places or close for good.

Under Thai Labor Law, an employer is obliged to offer 13 paid public holidays per year. There are more than 19 (at last count) in the regular calendar, and not every public holiday is a mandatory day off.

I assume (cannot be sure about it) that IF another 5 holidays are declared, then the employer is entitled to cancel 5 in lieu later in the year.

m

is it possible than people here, concentrate on what many of us are concerned...

are we on THAIVISA forum or what ???

Just need to have reliable informations about what's going on, for example about immigration office open or closed until the end of this week.

dont need any analysis, just fact................ please

annoucement on thai tv about 2-3 hours ago :

Money support office, immigration, tax, vat, visa, water supply, government bus, bank of Government not close 19-21

from a thai friend who have see that this afternoon, and no annoucement yet on the immigration bureau website, so........... lets pray

Does anyone know the situation regarding prison visits?

I was turned away on Monday told they were closed (sorry but LOL!) till Wednesday will this now be included in the latest 19th to 21st closure?

I am interested in the Lard Yao, Women's prison in the Klong Prem complex.

Thanks

Para

I have a friend that usually gets a letter from the US embassy stating his income for hi retirement extension. He needs to do this by next tuesday.

With the Embassy closed what is he to do? If he does not bring the paper from the embassy, no extension and he has to start the whole affair over.

Anyone have any contacts at the us embassy??

Please go to the US Embassy Bangkok website and you will find the instructions of where to go this week to their temporary off site locale for notarial services.Pay attention to the place and times and appt. times...I think that will work for you....

Found this on the Immigration website

impossible to download the pic, can u give the link of where u see this announcement, please

thank you

It says:

Anouncement

Thai Immigration Bureau at Soi SuanPlu, The Government Complex and Chamchuri Square Building will be closed on 17th-18th May 2010.

For foreigner who are leaving the Kingdom and would like to apply for re-entry permit, Please contact Thai Immigration at Suwannabhumi Airport or Thai Immigration Checkpoint at the border.

For foreigner who stay in Bangkok and overstay on 17th-18th May 2010. And would like to extension of temporary stay, Please contact Immigration Division1 on the first day of office open will except fine for overstay.

I have not corrected any of the spelling or grammatical mistakes in the original. I am English and I interpret the last stanza to mean "...please contact Immigration Division 1 on the first day the office opens after this public holiday. Thai Immigration will make an exception for any overstay fines that would be otherwise payable.

i surely hope you are not too overly optimistic.... in believing that the fine is excepted....

i would think what the misspelled except vocab is meant to mean.... that our overstay fine is still payable and would be accepted then accordingly....

but for the sake of many 'violators'.... :) i hope you are right though.... :D

Incompetency at its worst.

When they can't deal with a problem they call for Public holiday. Who ends up getting hurt and pay for it is the employers, that have to pay extra to the employee, at the same time they are not making money.

This can only go so long and I guess the employer will either mover other places or close for good.

Seems you are missing the "big picture" here. The primary objective is not to keep employers profitable during this crisis. The primary objective is to restore law and order in Bkk for all citzens of Thailand.