Where To Buy Leather And Leather Craft Tools

antaray

I have heard there are several shops (one is a bit out of city) that sell leather craft tools and leather as well.

Have anybody heard of those?

May be someone from TV is living in the neighborhood

There is also a leather craft school ...

Would really appreciate any information

• Like 1

there is an area with dozens of shops behind Bangkok Central Hospital around Sua Pa/Chao Kam Rop intersection selling everything you need to make all kind of bags 100.50933east/13.74552east)

another area in Soi Charoenrat 1 close to Wong Wian Yai sells everything you need to make shoes

(100.49509 east/13.72679north)

both areas sell mostly vinyl, not much real leather

there are hundreds of leather tanneries in Samut Prakarn

I use Lotus Leather & Trading Co Ltd. 175 Moo1 Sukhumvit K.m. 30 Taiban Samutprakarn 10280 Phone 02 703-8383, 387-2751 Fx 02 387-2750 mobile 081 844 3542

(100.69408east/13.56207north) bring a gasmask, the smell in that area is terrible

a shop in Liap Thang Rot Fai Sai Khao Paknam Rd. behind Honda Rama4 showroom sells complete leather hides in many colors 100.56371east/13.71824east

a shop close to Rama 4/Soi Sukumvit 40 intersection sells small pieces of leather in many colors and textures 100.58024east/13.71356north)

hope that helps, Robert

there is an area with dozens of shops behind Bangkok Central Hospital around Sua Pa/Chao Kam Rop intersection selling everything you need to make all kind of bags 100.50933east/13.74552east)

another area in Soi Charoenrat 1 close to Wong Wian Yai sells everything you need to make shoes

(100.49509 east/13.72679north)

both areas sell mostly vinyl, not much real leather

there are hundreds of leather tanneries in Samut Prakarn

I use Lotus Leather & Trading Co Ltd. 175 Moo1 Sukhumvit K.m. 30 Taiban Samutprakarn 10280 Phone 02 703-8383, 387-2751 Fx 02 387-2750 mobile 081 844 3542

(100.69408east/13.56207north) bring a gasmask, the smell in that area is terrible

a shop in Liap Thang Rot Fai Sai Khao Paknam Rd. behind Honda Rama4 showroom sells complete leather hides in many colors 100.56371east/13.71824east

a shop close to Rama 4/Soi Sukumvit 40 intersection sells small pieces of leather in many colors and textures 100.58024east/13.71356north)

hope that helps, Robert

wow great - thank you!

i am living in cm right now

Edited by antaray

Good to know for when I am BKK again (not in the near future though, too much smoke...)

But Robert, I live in CM and am looking for the same things as you. All I found on internet are bike shops working with leather for clothes & shoes. There is one on Sri Donchai Road. Haven't been there yet, but now the weather is changing (cooler! ) I will have a look very soon.

At the walkingstreets I see bracelets made of leather but the quality is not what i am looking for.

I am interested in good soft leather for jewelrymaking. So if anyone has info on this...

I noticed not many people on the forum have info about crafting. I think the best way is talk with people you see in real life (in shops etc. )

Btw the way, the shop at Sri Don Chai ... have a look yourself, maybe it can be helpful.

I noticed not many people on the forum have info about crafting. I think the best way is talk with people you see in real life (in shops etc. )

Btw the way, the shop at Sri Don Chai ... have a look yourself, maybe it can be helpful.

thank you, I will try to find it in SDC

if anyone knows names of shops or addresses - would be grateful for information

Edited by antaray

have not found plastic or leather hammer for leather craft...

and pokerwork machine... have anybody seen pokerwork (wood burning) machine being sold?

I guess Thais use them when crafting some souvenirs...

Edited by antaray

Try this link. Visit them would be good to knowhow things are done. Am sure if you want to learn the craft isno problem. Is a community leather produced group.

http://www.thaitambon.com/tambon/teprdsdes...p;SME=015916356

Another one produce leather items. Sorry no phone but you can take a visit to their place.

Got info from this link, take a look scrolldown to see the products they made.

http://www.thaitambon.com/tambon/tcompsrct...9&cSpacial=

76 หมู่ที่ 7 บ้านท่าหลุก ตำบลสันผีเสื้อ อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50300

คุณอริยา สิทธิสมบัติ

ึึุ76 Moo 7 Ban Thalook Tambol Sanpeesua Ampur Muang Chiang Mai 50300

Contact Khun Ariya Sutisombat

Am sure all the materials needed for this craft can be asked over there.

Lots of luck!

Try this link. Visit them would be good to knowhow things are done. Am sure if you want to learn the craft isno problem. Is a community leather produced group.

http://www.thaitambon.com/tambon/teprdsdes...p;SME=015916356

Another one produce leather items. Sorry no phone but you can take a visit to their place.

Got info from this link, take a look scrolldown to see the products they made.

http://www.thaitambon.com/tambon/tcompsrct...9&cSpacial=

76 หมู่ที่ 7 บ้านท่าหลุก ตำบลสันผีเสื้อ อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50300

คุณอริยา สิทธิสมบัติ

ึึุ76 Moo 7 Ban Thalook Tambol Sanpeesua Ampur Muang Chiang Mai 50300

Contact Khun Ariya Sutisombat

Am sure all the materials needed for this craft can be asked over there.

Lots of luck!

thank you, konjianghai

have copied this links to memories

special thanks for your warm words

• 5 months later...

Antaray, any luck?

I went to a leather shop near Loi Kroy Road (the same soi as Number One bar, I believe first or second soi on the right)

The lady said she bought the tools in BKK. She also told it's not possible to buy them in CM, but I doubt it.

Leather 2 x1 m would cost about 3,000 baht (via the shop), but I heard prices in BKK are around 1,000 baht.

Did you find good leather? And can you tell me if you found the leather craft school/ workshop? I am interested to attend some classes.