Ne Provinces: Crisis Information Thread

toptuan

I went into Sisaket today, no sign of red shirts. But toured around a bit and all of the provincial buildings had all gates securely closed, at best only one open of many entrances. The police road checkpoints are still there, but it was all pretty normal.

Early to bed I suppose for the province with the Cerfew restrictions in place for tonight. Lets all hope that a good nights sleep and effectively a finish to the mayhem in BKK leads into at least a lapse in tension for a few days.

IMHO the next round could well be triggered once the BKK UDD leaders start to face the consequences of their failure/actions. Amazing Thailand indeed....

Isaanaussie

wife just back from kanthararom banks shut

many red shirts mostly she say they come from sisaket

Sorry not city hall but the Provicial Office

Thankyou for the info, sounds like a grenade was lobbed amounsght the 1st group of red shirts into the gov. compound, tragic, i love ubon, & I'll be arriving nok air evening 07/ june, appreciate the updates.

keep safe regards songhklasid.

UBON RATCHATHANI

(2nd HAND INFORMATION)

Red shirts threaten to close the long distance bus station (on highway 231, opposite to Big C) today, apparently starting around 1-2 PM

The police have ordered the Ubon Marieniramon school next to the bus terminal to close for today as a safety measure, citing the aforementioned threat, according to a teacher at the school. We picked up our two boys from the school about an hour ago; other pupils were being assembled downstairs and picked up by their parents. I did not go to the bus station itself.

While we stopped at an adjacent roadside restaurant, another customer, a middle-aged man equipped with a walkie-talkie and a baton (i.e. "red shirt security") mentioned that they would close the bus terminal around 1-2 PM.

Thanks for that info Khokai. Also in Ubon the rumours are flying thick and fast that Sunee Hotel and City Mall were to be attacked. It is closed and all guests have been checked out. It is very quiet there at the moment.

UBON RATCHATHANI

(2nd HAND INFORMATION)

Red shirts threaten to close the long distance bus station (on highway 231, opposite to Big C) today, apparently starting around 1-2 PM

The police have ordered the Ubon Marieniramon school next to the bus terminal to close for today as a safety measure, citing the aforementioned threat, according to a teacher at the school. We picked up our two boys from the school about an hour ago; other pupils were being assembled downstairs and picked up by their parents. I did not go to the bus station itself.

While we stopped at an adjacent roadside restaurant, another customer, a middle-aged man equipped with a walkie-talkie and a baton (i.e. "red shirt security") mentioned that they would close the bus terminal around 1-2 PM.

Could you please confirm this report if possible.

thanks

From what i hear i think it would be a very good idea to stay home in Ubon today and tonite.

Also I believe most of the schools in Ubon have already closed for today.

Edited by sammycic

Please excuse the panicky tone, but has there been any whisper, rumour or else about shutting Ubon's airport.

Memock???

Thanks

not sure doesn't seem as, but would stay clear 7-11's, petrol stations and bangkok bank.

UBON RATCHATHANI

(2nd HAND INFORMATION)

thanks

As of 2pm it is business as usual at the bus station (and almost everywhere else) No reds, no army and no police.

Please excuse the panicky tone, but has there been any whisper, rumour or else about shutting Ubon's airport.

Memock???

Thanks

As far as I am aware everything is fine at the airport. Everything seems to be open in Ubon apart from some banks and Sunee Hotel and City Mall.

Memock???

Thanks

As far as I am aware everything is fine at the airport. Everything seems to be open in Ubon apart from some banks and Sunee Hotel and City Mall.

Thanks Mate.

Khan Kean

Any confirmation of Red shorts being shot there?

UDON

best I can tell Shopping complexes not in the central area are open. The UD Center and What I call Robinson's ( has new name) and the Banks are closed. Immigrations is operating at the Airport. There are many places to shop here around ring road and very little need to go to central Udon. I hope the worked their anger off and we are done

UBON RATCHATHANI

(2nd HAND INFORMATION)

thanks

As of 2pm it is business as usual at the bus station (and almost everywhere else) No reds, no army and no police.

I can confirm about the school closing at lunchtime, as I went to collect my granddaughter. A teacher said that they could not take any chances with the children's safety.

Maybe the brave democracy-seeking reds look upon the bus station as another symbol of elitist capitalist power, and not a place from where working people travel to their jobs. Or could they just be violent thugs enjoying their power to terrorise?

Elwood

Gentlemen (and ladies, if present),

I have not heard of much going on today anywhere and even if it is then it is no more than a storm in a teacup (relatively speaking). Rent a thug has realised that the army is shooting for keeps and we are not too keen on that game of soldiers......

For all the so called analysts and experts, often from half way around the world, I would say you are talking out of your ass......These people have no idea what is going on and would like us all to believe there is some deep seated problem that is not going away.

Well I am sorry, but I have lived here for twenty years and the last ten (for all intents and purposes) have been spent up here in rural Mahasarakam and I do believe I have some idea of what's going on. There is no deep seated problem. The only problem is one particular fugitive with too much money and time on his hands.

Personally I believe the Government has come out of this smelling of roses and more power to Abhisit and his boys. They have (ultimately) done a great job.

Call me wrong if you wish, but I am absolutely sure that all of this will be a done deal in no more than a few days and life will return to normal......I have stuck my neck out so let's see....

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]Paranoia is it's own worst enemy

I have not heard of much going on today anywhere and even if it is then it is no more than a storm in a teacup (relatively speaking). Rent a thug has realised that the army is shooting for keeps and we are not too keen on that game of soldiers......

For all the so called analysts and experts, often from half way around the world, I would say you are talking out of your ass......These people have no idea what is going on and would like us all to believe there is some deep seated problem that is not going away.

Well I am sorry, but I have lived here for twenty years and the last ten (for all intents and purposes) have been spent up here in rural Mahasarakam and I do believe I have some idea of what's going on. There is no deep seated problem. The only problem is one particular fugitive with too much money and time on his hands.

Personally I believe the Government has come out of this smelling of roses and more power to Abhisit and his boys. They have (ultimately) done a great job.

Call me wrong if you wish, but I am absolutely sure that all of this will be a done deal in no more than a few days and life will return to normal......I have stuck my neck out so let's see....

:) Have politely requested that this thread be reserved for factual data to efficiently follow specific crisis-related developments in Isaan. Many other threads available for opinions. Here's an Isaan thread just waiting for you to wax eloquent! :D

Provinces under State Of Emergency (SOE) and Curfew:

Chonburi, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Si Sa Ket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, Lampang and Nakhon Sawan, Bangkok and Nonthaburi and parts of Samut Prakan, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Ubon Ratchahani, Maha Sarakam, Roi-et, Nongbua Lumpoo, and Sakhon Nakorn, Kalasin and Ayutthaya

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thailand-Imp...ts-t367273.html

MUKDAHAN

Post from http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3624297 20 May, 16:36

From sleepy Mukdahan!! Main Provincial gov't building touched yesterday two shot dead, no police around anywhere today army rolled in over night & have taken control of the town

Tonight all have been told by the army don't break the curfew or else ? 7/11's closing at 8pm

Edited by toptuan

Provinces under State Of Emergency (SOE) and Curfew:

Chonburi, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Si Sa Ket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, Lampang and Nakhon Sawan, Bangkok and Nonthaburi and parts of Samut Prakan, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Ubon Ratchahani, Maha Sarakam, Roi-et, Nongbua Lumpoo, and Sakhon Nakorn, Kalasin and Ayutthaya

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thailand-Imp...ts-t367273.html

and Mukdahan.

I went into Sisaket today, no sign of red shirts. But toured around a bit and all of the provincial buildings had all gates securely closed, at best only one open of many entrances. The police road checkpoints are still there, but it was all pretty normal.

Early to bed I suppose for the province with the Cerfew restrictions in place for tonight. Lets all hope that a good nights sleep and effectively a finish to the mayhem in BKK leads into at least a lapse in tension for a few days.

IMHO the next round could well be triggered once the BKK UDD leaders start to face the consequences of their failure/actions. Amazing Thailand indeed....

Isaanaussie

So thats where they went? Actually about a month ago a recruiting pickup headed for BKK visited our village and offered employment to all the young lay abouts, on the way back I suppose they will join in too, if the money (or whiskey) is still flowing.

IA

UDON

All has been quiet for the past 24 hours there is military posted in the effected areas, to include Nom Prajak park to Tung Sri Mung.

Businesses were operating today for he most part.

Hope it stays quiet

Isaanaussie

So thats where they went? Actually about a month ago a recruiting pickup headed for BKK visited our village and offered employment to all the young lay abouts, on the way back I suppose they will join in too, if the money (or whiskey) is still flowing.

IA

think the all to drunk now on the free whisky

:) Have politely requested that this thread be reserved for factual data to efficiently follow specific crisis-related developments in Isaan. Many other threads available for opinions. Here's an Isaan thread just waiting for you to wax eloquent! :D

You are absolutely correct, I should not have posted on this thread and for that I apologise. However, for the record, was I right or wrong..........