Red Shirts Take Over City Hall (not In Chiang Mai)

thailandbluegrass

My Gf just informed my that the reds have taken over city hall and have sent all the workers home. I live across the road and can confirm this. I had business to do today inside City Hall and was told by the man I was dealing with that they are on their way home and that the reds have threatened to burn down shopping centers in CM but never specified which ones.

And folks....PLEASE keep this thread for facts and questions.....NOT for political views etc. These posts will be deleted. We all have our political opinion but this is for info in CM right now. I can see the City hall from where I live and I stay in the Government housing village so I will keep you posted.

Saw TV news report that Redshirts have assembled at Chiangmai train station. Can anyone confirm?

I saw a red-shirt stage on the parking lot of the railway station yesterday early afternoon when I passed by. I didn't stop to have a further look.

Any color is the new red. Stay up to date. Their leaders told them to ease up on the red. Its part of their guerilla warfare tactics, so they aren't identified before they do their nasties.

Edited by Jingthing

Well it turns out that MY report was complete BS. I just walked over to City Hall to see if anything was happening and sure enough it was………People were working as usual……Not even a Red-Neck let alone a Red-Shirt in sight.

Another example of how lazy the Thai’s can be.

We live in the Government Housing across from City Hall so everything we do here we must go through the city as in getting TT&T service etc and must first be approved by the Village Office in City hall.

We still hadn’t got it as of today and when my wife called the office some lady told her that the reds have taken over and were sending them all home and that they told her they would be burning down shopping malls etc in CM. hahahahhahahhahah

Lazy bitchh. When I went into her office and asked her about that (Yes I speak Thai) she said “ohhhhhh I was told that the reds were coming”. When I asked her about the story she told my wife about the shopping centers and the take over she simply said “mai roo” and went back to typing.

Again WHATEVER you hear in Thailand and even if you see it with your own eyes DO NOT BELIEVE IT !!!!!

All of those pictures are definetly NOT taken today and none of them are real time today .

The red shirts have been stationed in CM for weeks now but have definetly not gone to the City Hall as of 10 minutes ago.

Well it turns out that MY report was complete BS. I just walked over to City Hall to see if anything was happening and sure enough it was………People were working as usual……Not even a Red-Neck let alone a Red-Shirt in sight.

Can someone please close this topic in that case?!

<deleted> man, if you post something you heard then at least don't turn it into your own eye witness account: " I live across the road and can confirm this. I had business to do today inside City Hall and was told by the man I was dealing with that they are on their way home and that the reds have threatened to burn down shopping centers in CM but never specified which ones." AND you add stuff on shopping centers going to be burned. :D

Please: :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai