England Fans In England

alfieconn

it was in the paper but it wont happen as everyone will go against it,and its so stupid as this is england so why cant we wear it.

nobody has told anybody that they can't wear england football shirts during the world cup. stop being thick.

Controversial stories in the Gutter Press are meant for a purpose:

Its all designed to sell Newspapers,and to wind up the Public to get at the Government in Power.

Politicians dont waste their time replying as often as not, unless its a personal attack,or they dont read biased Tabloids.

If they did they would spend all their time on stupid litigation,costing the tax payer huge amounts.

They also need the Political support of the Press,who have the power to make or break them,if they so choose.

Sloppy Journalists who write the story before verifing the facts,as the above story suggests.

The more these outrageous stories are passed around the more inaccurate they become.

Another story awhile back was that the Union Jack or the Flag of St George was not allowed to be used in case it upset

ethnic minorities,but I see plenty of them permanently on peoples Garden Flagpoles on a daily basis.

Another load of Bellhooks!

it's not really that in this case though, the right wing press just got the british prime minister they wanted. rupert murdoch won, as he usually does.

this story about the fictitious banning of england shirts was invented by the s*n and the daily hatemail has now picked up the ball and run with it. it's designed for one purpose only, to generate hatred against ethnic minorities, not a single one of whom has actually 'complained' about the wearing of england shirts or the flying of george crosses. it's pretty sick to be honest.

....and most of whom don't give a toss about football anyway :)

hey StevieH, take a look at the thread that running in bedlam(outside the box)

and in your home town too!

of course it must be complete <deleted>, because the stories being run by the daily mail and we all know their a bunch of right wing facists.

dont we! :)

Edited by tigerfish

I seen this in the paper a while back , the paper being the daily star ( enough said really )

This would never happen. whats next the banning of flags on cars , peoples homes, the St. Georges cross tattoo on peoples arms' or chest just because a few people dont like it.

offending who? muslims? in pubs? they don't even fuc_king drink for christ's sake.

Yeah, right. Stevie, I am in London this week and believe me, the pubs here are full of them. I was talking and drinking with quite a few of them (from various countries) last night. :) Also, try the business longes in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha etc, etc.

it was in the paper but it wont happen as everyone will go against it,and its so stupid as this is england so why cant we wear it.

Even the Daily hateMail story didn't suggest that a pub ban was anything to do with offending minorities:

"Last month the Metropolitan Police suggested that some pubs ban customers from wearing England shirts during screenings of this summer's World Cup matches to stop the risk of violence."

The <deleted> keep getting bigger.

nah, pisses me off this shit alfie, every world cup and euros it gets trotted out either by the s*n or the daily hatemail.

"england's patriotic and fanatical supporters have been banned from wearing the three lions and supporting our boys in pubs across the lands for fear of offending minorities". offending who? muslims? in pubs? they don't even fuc_king drink for christ's sake.

it's right wing hate policy pure and simple dressed up in a flag of patriotism and many people believe the stories because they want to, not because they're true. can't stand it.

Wow, that has top be the most ill informed sentence i have ever read on the Forum incuding the T*ttenham Thread, by a million miles..

& then go & blame all of it on a Rigth Wing Hate/Conspiricy theory, absolute Gold that is.. :)

nah, pisses me off this shit alfie, every world cup and euros it gets trotted out either by the s*n or the daily hatemail.

"england's patriotic and fanatical supporters have been banned from wearing the three lions and supporting our boys in pubs across the lands for fear of offending minorities". offending who? muslims? in pubs? they don't even fuc_king drink for christ's sake.

it's right wing hate policy pure and simple dressed up in a flag of patriotism and many people believe the stories because they want to, not because they're true. can't stand it.

Wow, that has top be the most ill informed sentence i have ever read on the Forum incuding the T*ttenham Thread, by a million miles..

& then go & blame all of it on a Rigth Wing Hate/Conspiricy theory, absolute Gold that is.. :)

Good old Alf Garnett eh! :D

I expect that we will be seeing thousands of merry happy dedicated England fans wearing their new away game shirts all over the Silom-Suk roads as they happily me..ander from pub to pub looking for a bit of clean fun......

jolly good...yes........but..... :) ...errrrrrr

post-13-1275315579_thumb.jpg

Ingerland...Ingerland.....wot ho...chaps... :D

Not sure if about the same incident but I read of a woman, grandmother of course - got to go for the sympathy vote, who covered her house in England flags and draped a string of them across the street. The only flags taken down were the ones across the road as they were on public property.

But it's much more fun to read and believe what's in the gutter press.

Anyway, why should English people who've turned their back on the country and, to a large extent, miss no chance to slag it off worry about what's going down there? If you were that bothered you'd be back there leading the "troops".

For some i'm sure Phillip, it's ridiculousness like the subject of this Thread which plays a part in why some Emigrated from the Country in the first place so <deleted> are you to tell people that they shouldn't be that bothered about what goes on there ??

Are you English ??

Do you have experience of England & many of the pathetic " Politically Correct " policies implemented on the Country by the recently ousted Goverment ??

This Thread is gonna go one way quickly mainly because of people like you who don't seem to have any interest in Football ( as you barely comment in this Forum ), yet you comment & have a dig at the Country where i'm from & generations of my Family are from & who both of my Grandad's fought World War's for, whenever you get the chance...

I personally don't give a <deleted> whether people can or can not wear England Shirts if i'm honest, i find it pathetic that they can't as much as i find pathetic a multitude of other things in the Country & this can just be added to the list but to give it the old " if you're so bothered why aren't you back there rallying the troops " is utter nonsense as you haven't the first clue of people's circumstances & situations. :)

But that's the beauty of a Public Forum i guess & opinions, which are like <deleted>, because everyone has one.. :D

Whoah man, very succinctly said. I'm English and this sort of b**lox is a main catlyst for me moving to Thailand. It now even seems to be getting worse, could you imagine this happening in any other country? Upsetting those that are not English, what about those that are English for <deleted>'s sake?

Whoah man, very succinctly said. I'm English and this sort of b**lox is a main catlyst for me moving to Thailand. It now even seems to be getting worse, could you imagine this happening in any other country? Upsetting those that are not English, what about those that are English for <deleted>'s sake?

Get with the times mate its all about disproportionate representation now in England. Take my advice and don't rush back. :)