Going To The South From The North.

havu1986

any thoughts on how to get south from Mae Sot (northwest)? I'm trying to go into Malaysia and going through Bangkok doesn't seem like the best idea at this point. I could fly direct from Chiang Mai to Koh Samui or KL, but are there any bus or train routes that bypass the riots.

Edited by havu1986

There's a bus from Chiang Mai to Hua Hin, you'd probably have to get it from here though, don't think there are any pick up points along the way. Hua Hin to the south is then easy by road or rail.

Thanks for your responses. Things seem to have calmed down, so I will take a bus to Mo chit (BKK) and then go straight to the train station (via taxi since they no which areas to avoid) to take a train down south. I think that's a relatively safe route.

Thanks for your responses. Things seem to have calmed down, so I will take a bus to Mo chit (BKK) and then go straight to the train station (via taxi since they no which areas to avoid) to take a train down south. I think that's a relatively safe route.

All except the train. It has a habit of jumping the rails on the southern route. :)