Personal Help For Sick Freind In Puplic Hospital.!

brianmarinus

Hi.!

I need a woman to take care of my freind in hospital.

He is from Denmark-and he have cancer and will die soon, I think.

He can just lay in the bed, and do nothing by him self,so you have to clean him up and so-and the just be around ehrn he needs help for something.

The working ours will be from:08.00 to 12.00-and from 20.00 to 22.00.

We can offer a salery at 10.000 baht pr. month.

It wood be nice, if you speak English,but not needed.

You can phone at:0846123939

or:08 11 82 05 52

All day,until 19.00.

Thanks.!

Edited by brianmarinus

Please update your situation if you found somebody. Can't you post something on a Thai website? I'm pretty sure that you'll find the right person. Hope your friend is getting better soon.

Did you get in touch with his embassy? They have to help him. Cheers.

If you are familiar with this topic (there are quite a few threads started by the OP in various forums on here) you will see that the embassy are NOT offering much in the way of help.

It seems a worldwide thing that staffs in most embassies are only there on a "cushy little number" and gives scant regard to their citizens when REAL help is called for........like in this case

Penkoprod

Edited by Penkoprod

Please update your situation if you found somebody. Can't you post something on a Thai website? I'm pretty sure that you'll find the right person. Hope your friend is getting better soon.

No caregiver has been approved at this point. Still interviewing and searching.

Thanks for the suggestion concerning the Thai website. The ad was placed on the Chiang Rai Focus (Thai) website several days ago. Several applicants have inquired but I think it is the requirement for an English speaker that is the hold-up. Carsten has already tried working with an non-English speaking caregiver but it proved very difficult for both parties.

Apparently, the Embassy doesn't have to help. Much effort has been spent chasing that presumption. It has been dismissed and other avenues are being pursued.

Sorry to hear about that, maybe guilting the embassy into helping through notifying the press might be an option..Maybe Thai Visa could help out with that through any potential contacts they might have and possibly a YouTube vid or something else relevant it seems a worthy, noble and notable cause sometimes the inhumanity of such insensitivity needs to have a light cast on it to finally help them identify the error of their deeds..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Sorry to hear about that, maybe guilting the embassy into helping through notifying the press might be an option..Maybe Thai Visa could help out with that through any potential contacts they might have and possibly a YouTube vid or something else relevant it seems a worthy, noble and notable cause sometimes the inhumanity of such insensitivity needs to have a light cast on it to finally help them identify the error of their deeds..

Thanks for the supporting words. You are appreciated. Brain often relates to Carsten the different supporting posts that are found here.

I think it is likely that the Embassy of Denmark is on firm legal ground in their refusal of help to Carsten. I'm not sure just exactly how they rationalize their decisions but I am certain that Carsten isn't the first such case and he won't be the last.

A personal opinion here: I notice that whenever people get into trouble politically, such as being nabbed crossing into unfriendly countries, most nation's Embassies get very involved and no expense is spared into winning their freedom and flying them home. That is a good thing, I guess, even though some of the people that receive such help are really literally asking for trouble. Carsten wasn't asking for trouble. True, he didn't take care of everything that he should have prior to making the trip to Thailand but there wasn't an obvious expectation of disaster when he headed this way. When others make choices that ARE obviously going to be met with disaster, Embassies seem to be ready to pounce to help them. I find this an odd thing. End of opinion.

The press thing you mention has already been accomplished. It didn't move the Embassy. There was quite a write up in Denmark, with pics of Brian sitting bedside with Carsten in the hospital. That piece did move quite a few Denmark citizens and many have contributed funds. Shortly after the funds started coming in, several people caused some fuss about the fund, causing it to get suspended while all of the legalities and accounting were set up. I believe that the donations are due to resume any time now, if they haven't resumed already.

Thanks for the supporting words. You are appreciated. Brain often relates to Carsten the different supporting posts that are found here.

I think it is likely that the Embassy of Denmark is on firm legal ground in their refusal of help to Carsten. I'm not sure just exactly how they rationalize their decisions but I am certain that Carsten isn't the first such case and he won't be the last.

A personal opinion here: I notice that whenever people get into trouble politically, such as being nabbed crossing into unfriendly countries, most nation's Embassies get very involved and no expense is spared into winning their freedom and flying them home. That is a good thing, I guess, even though some of the people that receive such help are really literally asking for trouble. Carsten wasn't asking for trouble. True, he didn't take care of everything that he should have prior to making the trip to Thailand but there wasn't an obvious expectation of disaster when he headed this way. When others make choices that ARE obviously going to be met with disaster, Embassies seem to be ready to pounce to help them. I find this an odd thing. End of opinion.

The press thing you mention has already been accomplished. It didn't move the Embassy. There was quite a write up in Denmark, with pics of Brian sitting bedside with Carsten in the hospital. That piece did move quite a few Denmark citizens and many have contributed funds. Shortly after the funds started coming in, several people caused some fuss about the fund, causing it to get suspended while all of the legalities and accounting were set up. I believe that the donations are due to resume any time now, if they haven't resumed already.

I’m very sorry to hear that.

Just to let you know the salary you are offering is as much or more than most RN's make in a government hospital. You would be better served to try and find some RN's that want to work some extra time. RN's in Thailand all have to take 2 years of English but some of them don't feel comfortable talking English a lot. My wife's friends, in Chiang Mai, often fill in at private hospitals as private nurses. Go to a government hospitals and ask around one of the ICU's is a good place to start as they are highly trained and often want extra work. Hope that helps you a bit.

Hi Lukamar.!

Thanks for your advice-I will try that today, and see whats happend.

We know the offer is a bit high,but we also think, that since we ask for help on this level,and at those times-it wood bee hard for the person, to have another job-there fore.!

Thhanks for the advise-have a good day-and take care.!

Brian

Just to let you know the salary you are offering is as much or more than most RN's make in a government hospital. You would be better served to try and find some RN's that want to work some extra time. RN's in Thailand all have to take 2 years of English but some of them don't feel comfortable talking English a lot. My wife's friends, in Chiang Mai, often fill in at private hospitals as private nurses. Go to a government hospitals and ask around one of the ICU's is a good place to start as they are highly trained and often want extra work. Hope that helps you a bit.

Thanks for the note.

Brian's wife, my wife and a few others have been in talks with the staff at the CR hospital. The problem there is finding someone who isn't currently working. One of the staff did try this thing out for a bit and found herself in conflict with administrators, as some of her time spent with Carsten overlapped her normal working hours. The search does go on for someone who is free during the day. An inquiry has also been submitted to the nurse trainlng program here in CR. The administrator there has no pupils at the moment who are free during the day but she is checking with past students to see if any are available.

Your suggestion leads me to consider having this thing broken down into several small shifts with several people covering the required hours in different time blocks. That could turn into a headache for Brian, trying to juggle people, wages and shifts, but it could work out well if he gets the right people.

Right now, there are several people in contact with Brian but so far, the requirements haven't been met. Brian has agreed to make some exceptions, but even then, he hasn't found anyone who can meet the minimum needs.

If you hear of anyone, feel free to PM Brian.

I thought this thing would be a no-brainer that would be easily solved. For whatever reason, it is turning into a more difficult quest than one would expect, especially considering the wages being offered. Several people have offered to do the part about keeping him company and taking care of his feeding needs but there are hygienic/sanitary tasks involved and that has put off several prospects.

Edit: Sorry Brian, I didn't see that you were posting here as I typed a reply.

Edited by kandahar

Hi.!

Just wont to say, that Carsten still in a very good mood, and even talk about that he think,he will be aple to leave the bed,a day...sorry, I dont think so,but as long, he think so, by him self-I will not argue whit him-just happy,that he feel that way.He really-for the last 3-4 days been so much better-I love it.!

Then we talk whit a woman,and she can start monday,and be there from 08.00 to 12.00 and again from-16.00 to 22.00-so thats great news.

Have a nice day-and take care.!

Brian