Best Cheap Hotels/guesthouses In Pattaya, Where ?

dmax

me the wife and baby are due into los on 24th may , we want to spend maybe a week in patts then she is going to bkk to have surgery done for a few days then up to isaan , anyway where is a good decent hotel in pattaya now ? we usually stayed at tycoon place where we got a great room for 9000 a month but we are not sttayaing a month , so can anyone tell me where we can get a good place with a swimming pool for a week ? we like marin place on soi bukaew also as it had a decent pool and was only 600 thb per nite and it suited us just fine, we like soi bukaew or naklua . not jomtien !! nice beach there but we just dont like the area.

thanks

I know a very nice and clean resort little bit outside Pattaya close to the lake, drive to the beach maybe 10 min but have a nice pool too. The WEB is hold în German but certain you will guess tha navigation. There are different appartments and bungalow, certain out of season you can negotiate, regular price is between 800 - 1200 THB - http://www.swiss-sabai.ch/resort/resort/apartments.html and here you get the map http://www.swiss-sabai.ch/resort/resort/anfahrt.html

Edited by thaibear1

I think you can get a discount from the Hotels prices if you make them an offer. As they have low percentage fill rate at the moment.

:) you think complete wrong. I even was never there but I know few people which was and was very satisfied.

Beside because of low tourists you can negotiate on most hotels your price. I no need any provision or discount you mean, but why not help and give a tip for free if you can? maybe one day we need a free tip too? Don't think so short otherwise this thai visa don't make sense asking for help and tips, right?

I think you can get a discount from the Hotels prices if you make them an offer. As they have low percentage fill rate at the moment.

:) you think complete wrong. I even was never there but I know few people which was and was very satisfied.

Beside because of low tourists you can negotiate on most hotels your price. I no need any provision or discount you mean, but why not help and give a tip for free if you can? maybe one day we need a free tip too? Don't think so short otherwise this thai visa don't make sense asking for help and tips, right?

How do you know he has any tips?

He made a valid statement.

I would say around LK Metro for Guesthouses.

There is a lot there and would snap your arm off for 400B.

I used to stay above the Real Estate shop top end of Diana,Jack Master(038429683)

Or even up Chaiapoom across Backhao past Oasis,just had the road resurfaced i hear.

I am quite certain you can use the pool in the hotel LK Metropole for 50-100B per day.

All the best hope everything works out for your Mrs.

Absolutely... correct!!

Business is so slow now, if you simply ask politely at most hotels in Pattaya these days, and you surely will get a discount... Good luck!

Hi DMAX

I to will be with the missus and kid for my next trip so fancy naklua as it is a bit quiter and wong amat beach is not far away try www.viewtalayplace.com it says on there website 900 or 1000 for a room.

But on agoda.com it is 600 or 700 a room i will book through agoda for my next trip.

The 600 room has city view and the 700 room has a pool view.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya...lace_hotel.html the pool is nice to relax around and i am looking forward to teaching my son to swim,you should have the pool pretty much to yourself.

Just realised there is hidden tax to go on that so it is more like 750 a night but still a bargain imo

Edited by sabai dee

I know a very nice and clean resort little bit outside Pattaya close to the lake, drive to the beach maybe 10 min but have a nice pool too. The WEB is hold în German but certain you will guess tha navigation. There are different appartments and bungalow, certain out of season you can negotiate, regular price is between 800 - 1200 THB - http://www.swiss-sabai.ch/resort/resort/apartments.html and here you get the map http://www.swiss-sabai.ch/resort/resort/anfahrt.html

This place looks really nice will check that place out when i stay for a month,i use google chrome and it translates the website.

Thanks.

I used to stay above the Real Estate shop top end of Diana,Jack Master(038429683)

Or even up Chaiapoom across Backhao past Oasis,just had the road resurfaced i hear.

I am quite certain you can use the pool in the hotel LK Metropole for 50-100B per day.

Sorry IMO you are behind the times. Nowadays I don't know of even 1 place on LKMetro that will offer you a room for 400 BHT on a Weekly basis, plus not even 1 have their own pool.My mate is leaving tonight for a 17 day stay and always stays at Jack Master and again even for this length of stay he pays, in advance, a lot more than 400 a night and again no pool.You are correct in saying you can use the Metropole/Areca/Mikes mall pools at a price.

Many good rooms now available on Soi Lengkee and Chayapoon but not at 400 a night. :D

I am in Canterbury Tales Cafe & Bookshop in Pattaya just off soi Baukow and most the rooms have a lounge and bedroom with plenty of room and sofa bed so all you need be carefull is the balcony.

Absolutely... correct!!

Business is so slow now, if you simply ask politely at most hotels in Pattaya these days, and you surely will get a discount... Good luck!

I was just there. I tried like hel_l for discounts. No luck, they are keeping prices at par or raising them to offset the lower volume.

There is a hotel called Prima place, beside it there is a place for 400 bht a night. Has new clean modern looking rooms with air con and TV. No pool though.

Sorry IMO you are behind the times. Nowadays I don't know of even 1 place on LKMetro that will offer you a room for 400 BHT on a Weekly basis, plus not even 1 have their own pool.My mate is leaving tonight for a 17 day stay and always stays at Jack Master and again even for this length of stay he pays, in advance, a lot more than 400 a night and again no pool.You are correct in saying you can use the Metropole/Areca/Mikes mall pools at a price.

Many good rooms now available on Soi Lengkee and Chayapoon but not at 400 a night. :D

The hotel beside Prima Place on 3rd road is 400 a night and its a really nice place, the best deal going in Pattaya IMO. JP INN on Soi 7 and 2nd road is 400 a night but its an older place.

Hi DMAX

I to will be with the missus and kid for my next trip so fancy naklua as it is a bit quiter and wong amat beach is not far away try www.viewtalayplace.com it says on there website 900 or 1000 for a room.

But on agoda.com it is 600 or 700 a room i will book through agoda for my next trip.

The 600 room has city view and the 700 room has a pool view.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya...lace_hotel.html the pool is nice to relax around and i am looking forward to teaching my son to swim,you should have the pool pretty much to yourself.

Just realised there is hidden tax to go on that so it is more like 750 a night but still a bargain imo

Have stayed at viewtalayplace once before and it was fine. Clean rooms, decent pool, good location. The reason I liked it was they had adsl line right into the computer and connection was very fast.

Too far out of town. I'm also suspicious of any sites that put 20 photos up of everything but the rooms and the amenities but rather micro shots of the surrounding fauna or beach.

Absolutely... correct!!

I was just there. I tried like hel_l for discounts. No luck, they are keeping prices at par or raising them to offset the lower volume.

There is a hotel called Prima place, beside it there is a place for 400 bht a night. Has new clean modern looking rooms with air con and TV. No pool though.

I agree. I was just there from May 7 until May 21. quality and price of hotels offered was poor. Yes there are some small guest houses all along Soi Bukao and LK metro for 500 or 600 baht a night, but they tend to be on the small side and a bit cloistered. My experience with them was that come 0700 the people down stairs start yapping away and opening the doors to that lead upstairs and make a lot of noise.

What ticked me off was the hotels offereing "breakfast special". I don't want their crappy basic version of a western breakfast with stale food and stale thai buffet food that is reused from day to day. I certainly don't want that day after day. But the help there think the food is "free" and won't take any cost off of the rooms. An example was Flipper House. A decent sounding stay 7 pay 5 day "special". But the room they offered was basic. Did not even have a chair to sit down in! Had two little foot stools or hassocks. A few years ago I stayed in both FLlipper house and flipper lodge off season and had a nice room, with chairs. Fllipper Lodge this year smelled bad in every room they showed me and I looked at 3 rooms, each going up in price until it was no longer a deal. Each had lousy quality. I speak decent Thai and after the the 3rd room, I heard the Bell boy tell the other Bell boy while kind of laughing that maybe "He" , meaning me, should try Easitny Place. I said fine, you don't want my money or business for two weeks then I will try elsewhere.

Areca lodge had the same sort of "special". no stay 5 for 7, but include a breakfast. So they raise the price of the room 200 baht from two years ago, then toss in a "free" breakfast and they think that is a good business model. Not for my liking.

I cut my holiday short by one week because of the roaming curfew and the poor quality available on many fronts.

Nantana Garden View - Lovely Pool, digital safe in the room, quiet air con, big rooms, TV/DVD, Nice Cafe downstairs with room service.

10,000 Baht per month

Daily rate around 500 Baht

Located near Soi Yume market (Soi adjacent to Carrefour that runs parallel with 3rd Road)