Briton In Red Shirt Demonstration Regrets Video Arson Gibe

george

I wouldn't feel to sorry for him if he is lucky he may get back in time for the world cup where he will be able to brag to his friends how hard he is, and then if england get knocked out the world cup by a country like greece he can go and smash up his local kebab shop.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing! The amount of people who still do not understand what is Free Speech and what is a Criminal or Illegal Act. If your speech is likely to result in 'imminent lawless action' then it isn't protected, nor does it come under the umbrella of 'free speech'. Threatening to embark upon burning, pillaging, looting and stealing IS NOT Free Speech <deleted>.

There is absolutely no chance that anything this guy said resulted in Central World being burned down so what you are saying doesn't apply as the only results to his speech so far are a bunch of people bickering on a forum.

Bickering? maybe for some. Others express opinions and engage in discussion, which is what we have these for.

Absolutely no chance? You know that for fact do you?

The facts as I know them are.

1. he publicly stated his criminal intent

2. the premises in question were subsequently torched and looted.

Ok call me stupid then.

Why should people let it go? Do you think we should all laugh it off and say 'ah nevermind; good on him.' He deserves all the bad publicity and stick he gets.

I can't think why anyone would stick up for him or think he should be let off lightly. He deserves to be thrown out the country. Idiots like these are an embarrasment for normal farang living or visiting Thailand. It paints a bad picture of us farang to Thais and what are we here, Guests. Wish people like this would just get out of Thailand and rot somewhere else; they've destroyed places like Pattaya; with their red skin stretched faces and beer bellies leering at teenage girls and thinking they are East End Gangsters. I know they are some genuine farang down there but some are just twisted.

Nevermind? Nevermind buddy- tell me it ain't you?

how about throwing rocks at police in black songkran 2009??

is that ok?

1) That is not up to me or you to decide. However, being it's a year later and the police did nothing about it, I assume the locals say it is OK. Why wasn't he arrested then or later?

2) That blur of an image you see of a guy who you think looks like him, may not even be him. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

But enough of logic

that is a very good idea, thank you

it conjures up very pleasant images.......

If Mr. Savage (how aptly named he is!) seems to consider his actions justifiable: "Aw, gee, I wuz only kiddin', honest."

He should realise that as a guest of Thailand he has absolutely no business participating in subversive activities or making threats (empty or otherwise) against Thai businesses and their employees.

Any self-respecting nation will charge him with terrorism and let him rot in jail for 20 years. I hope Thailand does so. There are too many like him, who try to stir up trouble outside their home countries.

"Think globally; act locally." Have you ever heard that, Mr. Savage? If you ever get back to Tonbridge in one piece, try repeating your performance under the watchful eyes of the myriad CCTV cameras there. With a bit of luck, you'll end up spending another 20 years in jail there.

I love how this guy takes no responsibility for "suggestive" remarks. Maybe coincidence but I doubt it. Either way it what he suggested happened. How does burning the cities businesses help in the struggle?? I was leaning towards the Red Shirts struggle and plight until they started to burn and destroy. Protest, confront the military and govt. all you want, just don't get how burning businesses helps a cause. Not just in Bangkok but anywhere, Do people really think a military, the rest of a population will just stand by and let a group burn a city down??

Thailand can do without farangs like this one, see ya, bye! He forgot that he was still a guest.

A psychologist would have a rare time studying why there is such hatred by fellow countrymen and foreigner towards this guy. Let's face it Thailand does not attract the cream of the expat world - maybe some like to feel superior but attacking those a bit worse than themselves. The average whoremonger living in Pattaya, for example, can feel good about himself by looking at this guy.

I believe it's a good sign that a community take measures against their own, in case they doesn't behave or do really bad things. Especially when staying in a country as a guest.

Wouldn't you find it positive if, for example, moderate muslims that have immigrated to your own home country, took measures against those of their own kind who where extremists and planned or even set off explosive charges in a subway or shopping center? I think you would look at those moderate ones as a model of good behavior among immigrants.

But in this case... You're bashing everyone that find it making sense to take measures of a derailed fellow expat and maybe countryman. What is the difference? Why should anyone the feels offended by his wrongdoings to the hospitality we enjoying from this country, by just shrug and "let him go"? How can we expect or even demand that some groups should be responsible for their doings and actions, when we at the same time just don't care when it comes from our own groups?

How does your schematics look exactly?

A man says something stupid and then 4 days later a mall is burned down. Not a single falang in this thread condemns the people who actually burned it down, yet they want to literally MURDER, TORTURE, THROW FROM A PLANE, another falang who simply repeated what the red shirts had been saying for some time.

Most of you barbarians want to cause violence against a human because of what he SAID. That is a mob rule WORSE than anything the red shirts did.

THAT is what I have a problem with. If any of you are unable to see the irony in your comments, perhaps it is some of you that should leave the country and get a better grip on life. You are willing to cause harm over what he said, apparently out of sarcasm. You who think that are WORSE than he is. He was being sarcastic, you monkeys are serious.

If any of you think a single falang burned that building down, you're out of your freakin' minds.

wheres the source of this?

its against forum rules to spread unsubstantiated rumor

so put up or shut up!

Ah yes, but it's OK to condemn a man to death over a sarcastic comment. How silly of me to forget the rules.

I assume you know how to operate a phone, use it and find out for yourself.

This is from today's London Evening Standard.

It would appear that Jeff is less 'sorry' than first reported:

Although Savage say he was not there he admits he was outside Channel 3 Television which was also set on fire and has been off air since Wednesday.

“I did not do any looting. I did not set fire to anything, but those who did are my brothers. I am not worthy of them,” said Savage.

“The attack on Channel 3 was organised. I saw the elder leaders giving directions. The Red Shirts hated Channel 3. There was a BMW showroom next door which was totally untouched.”

Savage, who last worked as a hospital driver in Tonbridge, Kent, spoke after Thai police were alerted to the video taken by Scots teacher Andy McGinley, 28, from Glasgow. He said: “I could not believe what this idiot was saying. I just thought he was an anarchist but what he said was prophetic.”

Of Thaksin Shinawatra, the former prime minister who most Red Shirts want back in power, Savage said: “This has all gone beyond Thaksin Shinawatra now. I have no time for him. He's one of the elite. Nor do I have time for the foreign elitist scum in Bangkok.”

Savage is now in hiding with his Thai wife in the resort of Pattaya. “I am standing up for the poor,” he said. “The war is over for the time being. But in two months time things will start up again. The attacks will begin.”

We must wish suffering or death upon those who say stupid things.

Of course, this is why God invented the Inernet.

Spot on mate.

Not a single fellow here would do as much as say "hello" to him if they saw him at a beer bar. But online... oh, online everyone is a bad ass.

Again, enough of the logic, lets capture this clown and boil him in hot oil!

Police will be knocking on his door anyime this week!! And most likely his name is all over exit points in the country and he also might be on an overstayed Visa LOL :)

I would like to see him spend at least one year in a Thai prison and then deported back to England.

This guy will end up writing a book and making a fortune !

The News of The World or The Sun Newspaper probably offered him 50,000 GBP for his story already. He must be lapping up all this free publicity, kinda adds to his appeal. :)

Spot on mate.

Not a single fellow here would do as much as say "hello" to him if they saw him at a beer bar. But online... oh, online everyone is a bad ass.

Tookey

i think there is only you here who would want to say hello to him

he is hardly the class of person most people would want to have social intercourse with

other TV'ers may have other ideas what they would like to do to him

unlike Jeff, they know better than to tip anyone off about their intentions and shout it into a camera

best to just quietly enjoy it after its happened

Edited by timekeeper

Although Savage say he was not there he admits he was outside Channel 3 Television which was also set on fire and has been off air since Wednesday.

"I did not do any looting. I did not set fire to anything, but those who did are my brothers. I am not worthy of them," said Savage.

"The attack on Channel 3 was organised. I saw the elder leaders giving directions. The Red Shirts hated Channel 3. There was a BMW showroom next door which was totally untouched."

Savage, who last worked as a hospital driver in Tonbridge, Kent, spoke after Thai police were alerted to the video taken by Scots teacher Andy McGinley, 28, from Glasgow. He said: "I could not believe what this idiot was saying. I just thought he was an anarchist but what he said was prophetic."

Of Thaksin Shinawatra, the former prime minister who most Red Shirts want back in power, Savage said: "This has all gone beyond Thaksin Shinawatra now. I have no time for him. He's one of the elite. Nor do I have time for the foreign elitist scum in Bangkok."

Savage is now in hiding with his Thai wife in the resort of Pattaya. "I am standing up for the poor," he said. "The war is over for the time being. But in two months time things will start up again. The attacks will begin."

"The attack on Channel 3 was organised. I saw the elder leaders giving directions. The Red Shirts hated Channel 3.

its clear from this statement he has information that could be used by the authorities to convict the red leaders

he should be arrested and interrogated in the Thai way and see what spews out of him

it should take all of 3-4 minutes to get him to talk ..........(it appears he just can't stop himself)

its not my job to substantiate the claims in your post tookey

you posted it not me

you have to do it or risk being suspended:

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

SOURCE: A policeman I know in Pattaya.

</closed>

sure you do, just a cop out (pun intended)

"I did not do any looting. I did not set fire to anything, but those who did are my brothers. I am not worthy of them," said Savage.

"The attack on Channel 3 was organised. I saw the elder leaders giving directions. The Red Shirts hated Channel 3. There was a BMW showroom next door which was totally untouched."

Savage, who last worked as a hospital driver in Tonbridge, Kent, spoke after Thai police were alerted to the video taken by Scots teacher Andy McGinley, 28, from Glasgow. He said: "I could not believe what this idiot was saying. I just thought he was an anarchist but what he said was prophetic."

Of Thaksin Shinawatra, the former prime minister who most Red Shirts want back in power, Savage said: "This has all gone beyond Thaksin Shinawatra now. I have no time for him. He's one of the elite. Nor do I have time for the foreign elitist scum in Bangkok."

Savage is now in hiding with his Thai wife in the resort of Pattaya. "I am standing up for the poor," he said. "The war is over for the time being. But in two months time things will start up again. The attacks will begin."

Reading the thread, I pity this former hospital driver. But reading above, the cops should be looking for him. He simply does not know that incitement is tantamount to party to that terrorist act. I hope the local press picks up this story and, with that, for sure he would be on the list of "wanted". His speech was similar to the incitement made by one leader, Nathawut, who is now accused as a terrorist.

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

Looks like 90% of those posting in this thread are about to take a vacation then.

i am not a mod, its not my decision

those you do not spread lies have little to worry about though , i expect......

Most of you barbarians want to cause violence against a human because of what he SAID. That is a mob rule WORSE than anything the red shirts did.

Isn't that how the home land security, MI5 etc works? Act on what people say and prepare to do, before they actually set it into action? Anyway... If this person, at that place - at that time - with those friends... Says he's gonna burn down the shopping mall... Why shouldn't anyone trust him on that? Does he look like joker to you? Stand up comedian?

If any of you think a single falang burned that building down, you're out of your freakin' minds.

Who says it was him all alone?

He is equally quilty of the burning if he; threatened to do it - told someone to do it - helped someone unloading gasoline from a truck that was to be used to torch the building. Don't you see? This man is derailed and have created his own view on what is good and bad, right and wrong, etc. He had a choice of participate or not (which were illegal for foreigners). He made the choice to be there. He placed threats on events that later actually happened. In what way is he innocent? Are you taking him for a retard?

Edited by xenomorph

Spot on mate.

Good call, bro. I would encourage people not to go near this guy as he's unbalanced, aggressive and possibly psychotic.

That said, if someone does catch him then I'm definitely game for a bit of torture.

I am a foreign elitist scum???

Personally he doesnt deserev being thrown in jail for years. No one does for just talking &lt;deleted&gt; and he is a low level soldeir at best.

Simply charge him, give him a fine and deport him. make sure he has a record. That will be worse then going to jail as his freedoms will really be curtailed

Savage is now in hiding with his Thai wife in the resort of Pattaya.

Now he has dragged an innocent lady into the scene, The good Samaritan strikes again.

Spot on mate.

Good call, bro. I would encourage people not to go near this guy as he's unbalanced, aggressive and possibly psychotic.

That said, if someone does catch him then I'm definitely game for a bit of torture.

Where's Jack Bauer when you need him.

<h3 class="entry-title">Central World burned down? I would have helped the b*st*rds!</h3> Published by Andrew Drummond on May 21, 2010 in The Times. Tags: Andrew Drummond, arson, Bangkok, burn the fuc_ker down, Central World, Jeff Savage, journalist, looting. From ANDREW DRUMMOND,

Bangkok

May 21

Link to THE SUN “Find Brit thug of bloody Bangkok!”

Link to The Times - ‘I was being sarcastic!’

A British red shirt ‘anarchist’ caught on video saying he was going to loot and burn down Asia’s second biggest shopping mall said today: “I was not there when it burned down but if I was I would have helped the bastards”.

And now as the multibillion dollar Central World in Bangkok lies in charred ruins Thai police are searching for Jeff Savage, 48, an NHS worker from London, who they believe was goading on the red shirts on the frontline against troops in Bangkok.

Death for looters and arsonists

red-shirts-jeff-savage-03jjpg-250x357.jpgSavage in Rajamdri caught on vdo by Scot Andy McGinlay

They also want to interview him over massive lootings and burnings which left the city in flames.

The hunt comes as Thailand’s Department of Special Investigation ( DSI) Director-general Tharit Pengdit has warned those who loot or commit arson may face a maximum punishment of death penalty.

Dressed in a black shirt and headband and carrying a bamboo pole Savage was caught on tape during the Bangkok riots saying:

“We are going to smash the Central Plaza to shit and steal everything out of it and burn the fuc_ker down!

“Trust me. Get the f*cking pictures. We are going to loot everything, gold watches, everything, and then we are going to burn the &lt;deleted&gt; down!”

redshirts-central-world.jpgCentral World Bangkok ablaze

Central World with over a million square metres of retail space, originally called the ‘World Trade Centre’ and built on land owned by the King of Thailand is in total ruins and will have to be totally rebuilt. Set alight too were 34 other buildings in Bangkok and shop-owners are counting the cost of massive looting.

‘I am not worthy of my brave brothers’

But although Savage says was not there he admits he WAS outside Channel 3 Television in Bangkok which was also set in flames and has been off air since Wednesday.

“I did not do any looting. I did not set fire to anything, but those who did are my brothers. They are brave. I am not worthy of them.

“The attack on Channel 3 was organised. I saw the elder leaders giving directions. The red shirts hated Channel 3. There was a BMW showroom next door which was totally untouched. This is Class War.

“This was not like the poll tax riots in the UK. “

NHS driver

Savage, originally from London, but who last worked as a hospital driver in Tonbridge, Kent, spoke after Thai police were alerted to the video taken by Scots teacher Andy McGinley, 28, from Glasgow.

McGinley said: “I could not believe what this idiot was saying. This was shot in Rajadamri on the approach to the red camp. I just thought he was an anarchist but what he said was prophetic.

“I have been thanked by hundreds of people mainly Thais for showing the film, but I have also received threats too from foreigners.”

‘I nearly killed someone at the ASEAN demo’

Savage also admitted taking part in the UDD (United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship) demonstration in Pattaya in April 2009 when the ASEAN meeting had to be cancelled.

There were fierce battles outside the meeting of the Association of South East Asian Nations at the Royal Cliff Hotel and windows were smashed and the meeting had to be abandoned.

“I nearly killed someone there,” said Savage who is now in hiding with his Thai wife in Pattaya and says he may make a break either for the country or abroad.

”On the other hand I stick by my principals and if necessary will do some time for this. I do not regret saying I will burn Central world down.

“I am standing up for the poor. My Thai brother in law gets only 200 baht a day (£4.00) for ****s sake.

“I was furious when I gave that impromptu interview on camera. I had been wound up by some American college type journalists.

“But the fact is that I have seen some of my brothers killed at Phan Faa (an earlier red shirt demonstration last month when troops opened fire near Democracy monument, Bangkok) and I was absolutely horrified!”

Savage admitted that he had come down to Bangkok from Pattaya with a group of fellow red-shirts but fled with his friends over a wall on Wednesday when the Thai military moved in.

‘We were going to take refuge in a Buddhist temple but had we done that we would be dead now.”

“My friends are professionals. Some of them are ex-police and ex-army. They know exactly what they are doing.

“But everybody is running scared. Everybody is looking for redshirts. I could see the look on people’s faces as we abandoned our red shirt house in Bangkok. We had to destroy everything which would give away our presence there.

“The war is over for the time being. But in two months time things will start up again. The attacks will begin”.

‘Elitist scum’

Talking about ousted Thaksin Shinawatra, who most red-shirts want back in power, he said: “This has all gone beyond Thaksin Shinawatra now. I have no time for him. He’s one of the elite.

“Nor do I have time for the foreign elitist scum in Bangkok.

“But I love the genuine Thai people and I feel for the poor people and what they have to put up with.”

“I live in Pattaya but have no time for the bar scene. As far as I am concerned the foreign bar owners here are just pimps. But it’s the rich mafia who have moved in who are my real enemies.

“My Thai wife cannot even go to swim on a beach in Wong Amat (North Pattaya) because Russian businessmen have moved in and taken over. These people are lower than a snakes’s belly.”

As people of Bangkok and 23 other provinces of Thailand went through their second day of curfew police were also studying video taken from the Red Stage.

Philip Alexander a Briton whose property business was based in Central World said he was disturbed by the video.

“I have talked to the red shirts and most of them there are middle aged or women. I don’t argue politics. They have been sitting all day listening to speakers from the stafe making all sorts of allegations. Its learning by rote and they were all wound up.”

‘Burn them all’

One piece of video allegedly shows red leater Juttaporn Prompan saying: “Everybody bring a litre of petrol, we need a million litres of petrol. We can mae a sea of fire in Bangkok.”

Edited by timekeeper

There he goes again... New threats!

If the other one later happened, why shouldn't we trust him on this one as well?

This guy isn't going to give up his old habits. He is so brainwashed with this after he found his life had finally got a better meaning. Better meaning than driving an ambulance. Anyone who doesn't believe that he is anticipating with others on how to create more problems in the future? That guy has catched the Che Guevara syndrome.

Can't they just lock him in or at least throw him out?