Briton In Red Shirt Demonstration Regrets Video Arson Gibe

george

Actually 2 people died at Central World. So, if he was involved, it's manslaughter, not just arson.

In most jurisdictions, death caused in the committing of a felony is classified as murder, not manslaughter.

Sorry Murder has to be premeditaded

Death not intended is manslaughter

Not sure about Thailand but what OzMick posted is correct as the premeditation comes with felony you are committing where there is a risk someone could die as a rssult of your crime it's murder even if you didn't plan on it. yes I watch too much Law & Order :)

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‘I nearly killed someone at the ASEAN demo’

Savage also admitted taking part in the UDD (United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship) demonstration in Pattaya in April 2009 when the ASEAN meeting had to be cancelled.

There were fierce battles outside the meeting of the Association of South East Asian Nations at the Royal Cliff Hotel and windows were smashed and the meeting had to be abandoned.

“I nearly killed someone there,” said Savage who is now in hiding with his Thai wife in Pattaya and says he may make a break either for the country or abroad.

see him in action here:

I saw the video. I was involved with legal profession in past. From all the information that is available, this man is in for deep trouble. He could very well be charged for acts of treason, if Thai authorities wish so. The video itself is strong enough evidence as he clearly speaks in definitive terms of 'looting' and 'setting to fire'.

Steroids???? I thought steroids stimulated your physical body and not brain. It takes some sort of hallucinater or mind altering drug to look so happy, confident and careless in behavior.

Bottom line, stupidity is not an excuse in legal battle. Indeed this mas has brought shame to all the foreigners living in Thailand. Besides that, even in your own country, the intent of arson and looting for political differences is not acceptable how in the world he thought of it to be all right here in Thailand. Or maybe he is just a petty criminal himself. Thought of getting some loot and getting a bit of extra cash??

Whatever, I wish he does get prison sentence. Not in Klong Prem though. For some reasons I have seen Klong Prem facilities, they would be walk in the park for this idiot. Send him to 'Thai' prison.

Whatever ... just get him behind some confinement. He should not be let loose in the public.

How could the Thai authorities charge a non-Thai with treason? :)

I can't believe you are all getting your knickers in a twist over one person, who didnt actually do anything. It's not as if there aren't enough Thai idiots causing people distress on a daily basis.

It is almost unbelievable, all of these people who are calling for him to be jailed merely on the basis that he said something.

I guess none of them believe in the concept free speech. It looks like this guy is a bit stupid and was just repeating something he heard shouted on the stage many times.

If we were to lock up all the stupid people there wouldn't be many left to entertain the rest of us.

It has nothing to do with free speech. First,there was ample warning that anyone who remained at the rally after a given time would be subject to 2 years gaol. Secondly, what he was saying was incitement and statement of intention to commit a crime later carried out, though he denies actually doing it. If he had knowledge of others intention and included himself by saying "We are going to......." he is guilty of conspiracy to commit said crime which includes arson and felony-murder.

You also seem to credit him with a good knowledge of thai; or do you believe one of the leaders was stupid enough to announce this from the stage in English. Even the BBC might drop there rose-tinted glasses at that!

whats the betting his wife has already kicked him into touch, quicker than he can say isaan. or even better she will be the one that turns him into the bib and then fleeces him for all hes worth.

welcome to thailand matey boy! what do you think of all your red shirted brothers and sisters now? and where are they when the.... :)

I believe it's a good sign that a community take measures against their own, in case they doesn't behave or do really bad things. Especially when staying in a country as a guest.

Wouldn't you find it positive if, for example, moderate muslims that have immigrated to your own home country, took measures against those of their own kind who where extremists and planned or even set off explosive charges in a subway or shopping center? I think you would look at those moderate ones as a model of good behavior among immigrants.

But in this case... You're bashing everyone that find it making sense to take measures of a derailed fellow expat and maybe countryman. What is the difference? Why should anyone the feels offended by his wrongdoings to the hospitality we enjoying from this country, by just shrug and "let him go"? How can we expect or even demand that some groups should be responsible for their doings and actions, when we at the same time just don't care when it comes from our own groups?

How does your schematics look exactly?

A man says something stupid and then 4 days later a mall is burned down. Not a single falang in this thread condemns the people who actually burned it down, yet they want to literally MURDER, TORTURE, THROW FROM A PLANE, another falang who simply repeated what the red shirts had been saying for some time.

Most of you barbarians want to cause violence against a human because of what he SAID. That is a mob rule WORSE than anything the red shirts did.

THAT is what I have a problem with. If any of you are unable to see the irony in your comments, perhaps it is some of you that should leave the country and get a better grip on life. You are willing to cause harm over what he said, apparently out of sarcasm. You who think that are WORSE than he is. He was being sarcastic, you monkeys are serious.

If any of you think a single falang burned that building down, you're out of your freakin' minds.

wheres the source of this?

its against forum rules to spread unsubstantiated rumor

so put up or shut up!

Ah yes, but it's OK to condemn a man to death over a sarcastic comment. How silly of me to forget the rules.

I assume you know how to operate a phone, use it and find out for yourself.

My sentiments exactly.  It's truly staggering reading about the disproportionate and draconian punishment the hang'em-high-mob wants to see meted out to this guy who, whilst being a complete tool, has NOT been accused nor found guilty of any crimes (other than lacking some judgement).  This medieval mindset of crime and punishment displayed by many of the posters on this and other forums makes the Sharia suddenly appear lax and benevolent by comparison.  :)

Some people should clearly take a step back and take a look in the mirror, checking they haven't become what they are decrying.  :D

I have made a very cursory clean up of this thread and warnings have been issued.

Please exercise care in your posting. Criticizing the post is acceptable; flaming the poster is not.

Nor is discussion of moderation.

Thanks

I have made a very cursory clean up of this thread and warnings have been issued.

Please exercise care in your posting. Criticizing the post is acceptable; flaming the poster is not.

Nor is discussion of moderation.

Thanks

As a fellow "brit". I admit its only a short outburst on tape but I don't detect any hint of sarcasm in what he says. I do detect malice, hate, contempt, anxiety and dare I say, rage.

He must be a very frightened man right now. I doubt this was the spotlight he saught when he packed his bags and headed for the capital. :)

On another forum we discussed media manipulation. This kind of story is maybe relevant to that thread....

A fine example of homo erectus pattiensis.

:)

What a IDIOT , typical english houligan , past colonial behaving, arrogance and stupidity put him in thai jail for a long time ,then send him back to that his bankrup country .

A typical Pattaya farang;

Brains in his trousers Maybe he didn't start the fire but He was inciting violence and maybe the reds heard him and in their usual brain dead way thought " dohhh dat's a good Idea !!! "

He should be sentenced to 10 years in a Thai jail then sent back to his football hooligan friends in the UK

I am British and feel ashamed of morons like this

Incidentally the Reds Remind me very much of a bunch of European Football hooligans

Only there for the kicks and violence

Now I do feel offended Sir .... try to think before you write again :)

Ok Sorry if I offended you But I have been to Pattaya and Jomtiem many times and I stand by what I said He is a typical Pattaya Farang

BUT you will always find one or two good apples in a barrel full of rotten apples

If you are completely honest you have to admit you will not be forming any Mensa clubs there will you ? Not exactly the cream of Western society there is it ?

Jail? This man has committed no crime besides 'shouting his mouth off' does not warrant a custodial sentance. Foolish to get involved in a protest that he does not belong to, and also foolish for his unwise words. Big fuss over nothing here, I am becoming more dismayed by TV members being overwhelmingly self-rightous, pompus and harshly judgemental

Brains in his trousers Maybe he didn't start the fire but He was inciting violence and maybe the reds heard him and in their usual brain dead way thought " dohhh dat's a good Idea !!! "

He should be sentenced to 10 years in a Thai jail then sent back to his football hooligan friends in the UK

Incidentally the Reds Remind me very much of a bunch of European Football hooligans

Ok Sorry if I offended you But I have been to Pattaya and Jomtiem many times and I stand by what I said He is a typical Pattaya Farang

BUT you will always find one or two good apples in a barrel full of rotten apples

If you are completely honest you have to admit you will not be forming any Mensa clubs there will you ? Not exactly the cream of Western society there is it ?

The Pattaya (informal) Chess Club on Beach Road (other side of the road from Central complex meets daily) would probably give you a good run for your money Mr Cream.

I really don't like the 'he is a typical this', 'he is a typical that' direction from some thread contributors, which is not political.

But rather something else.

Edited by yoshiwara

I ate 5 kg of durian today and 4 large Singha beers and feel a bit flush - is it true about people dying after eating a alot?

How much can/do you eat?

This I think shows us all clearly what the intellectual level of the Australian married to Lao Royalty poster actually is.

What has this got to do with intellectual level you bloody idiot. I'm rather proud that my wife and kids have royal blood - please don't make a joke of it.

Have you seen proof of her ancestry ?

ALL Thai girls / women are such good storytellers ( A polite way of calling them all liars :) )

Not ALL girls in Pattaya are bar girls or prostitutes Look at the thousands employed in Banks , offices, stores, Shopping malls, Restaurants, etc etc etc Many of these girls have University degrees so they can prove their pedigree. You don't have to be a former Laos kings descendant ( excuse me for laughing but there is one born every minute !!) To prove you are not a bar girl.

Jail? This man has committed no crime besides 'shouting his mouth off' does not warrant a custodial sentance. Foolish to get involved in a protest that he does not belong to, and also foolish for his unwise words. Big fuss over nothing here, I am becoming more dismayed by TV members being overwhelmingly self-rightous, pompus and harshly judgemental

It was illegal for foreigners to even join the demonstrations.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... Doesn't the word "illegal" means that doing so, is a crime?

One can not chose which rules to follow and which to not, right?

Edited by xenomorph

well protect him if you want

TV members are only given their opinions and they have a right to do so just as much a you do

Democracy exists in Thailand

Jut ashame he did not think so

but time will tell

I ate 5 kg of durian today and 4 large Singha beers and feel a bit flush - is it true about people dying after eating a alot?

How much can/do you eat?

This I think shows us all clearly what the intellectual level of the Australian married to Lao Royalty poster actually is.

What has this got to do with intellectual level you bloody idiot. I'm rather proud that my wife and kids have royal blood - please don't make a joke of it.

Have you seen proof of her ancestry ?

ALL Thai girls / women are such good storytellers ( A polite way of calling them all liars :) )

Not ALL girls in Pattaya are bar girls or prostitutes Look at the thousands employed in Banks , offices, stores, Shopping malls, Restaurants, etc etc etc Many of these girls have University degrees so they can prove their pedigree. You don't have to be a former Laos kings descendant ( excuse me for laughing but there is one born every minute !!) To prove you are not a bar girl.

I agree with this comment.

Just as the reds hyped up the idea that Bangkok was the enemy, so others seem to do the same with Pattaya.

There are working people in both places trying to make a living (and yes that includes bar girls).

finally tracked down that BBC footage... (its on the BBC website, so may not play in every country)

and here are stills of him taken from the BBC video/interview..

Well Mr Jeff Savage, of Tonbridge in Kent.. you can run, but you can't hide...

How much of your time did you actually put into this?

Word has it that Mr Savage turned himself in at Soi 9 Police Station in Pattaya a few hours ago. They told him he had done nothing wrong, it is time to move forward, and let him go on his way.

Where will you direct your anger now?

and your source for that word is??

If he had turned himself in at Soi 6 Pattaya

there would have been a Media conference

Parttay Police never miss a chance to get points

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... Doesn't the word "illegal" mean that it is a crime?

Me speeding on my way to work everyday is illegal too or come to that downloading a movie on TPB yet I won't have to fear a custodial sentence for these infringements should I get caught.  :)

Unfortunate for him that you are not his judge. Presence at an illegal rally during SOE was a crime, penalty 1 year jail, later increased to 2. Being a foreigner present at an illegal political rally is a crime, penalty deportation and black-listing. Incitement to commit a felony is a crime, being part of a mob committing arson is a crime, having prior knowledge that a crime is to be committed and not reporting it is a crime - and the penalties can be bloody severe.

Being an idiot with a big mouth, however, is not a crime, mores the pity!

A friend had to pop around to the Pattaya police station to pay a "No Crash Hat Fine " 200 baht

He asked about this and was told no one had seen this man

So it seems the rumour is just that

a rumor

Maybe others in Pattaya can do their own checks and report back to the thread

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... Doesn't the word "illegal" mean that it is a crime?

Me speeding on my way to work everyday is illegal too or come to that downloading a movie on TPB yet I won't have to fear a custodial sentence for these infringements should I get caught. :)

Well... It's your funeral! :D

Me speeding on my way to work everyday is illegal too or come to that downloading a movie on TPB yet I won't have to fear a custodial sentence for these infringements should I get caught. :)

Are you equating traffic infringements and minor intellectual rights theft with arson and felony-murder?

Good call, bro. I would encourage people not to go near this guy as he's unbalanced, aggressive and possibly psychotic.

That said, if someone does catch him then I'm definitely game for a bit of torture.

Do you not see the duplicity in what you are saying ? - for saying things like this - like torture is a game - you are just as bad if not worse than the guy in the video and in fact show that you are yourself unbalanced, aggressive and possibly psychotic. Unless of course you are all mouth - lets hope so - I give you the benefit of the doubt - but if I was Thai police Id be equally worried about you.

Interesting how a crisis brings out peoples true colours - from the safety of their keyboards of course.

Most of you barbarians want to cause violence against a human because of what he SAID. That is a mob rule WORSE than anything the red shirts did.

THAT is what I have a problem with. If any of you are unable to see the irony in your comments, perhaps it is some of you that should leave the country and get a better grip on life. You are willing to cause harm over what he said, apparently out of sarcasm. You who think that are WORSE than he is. He was being sarcastic, you monkeys are serious.

Exactly - I am astounded that some people on here advocate "not interfering " with Thai affairs and conndemn red shirt violence and then in the next breath say protesters are violent animals who should be shot on sight and talk of throwing people out planes, feeding them to the sharks etc etc . These people spreading hate on here are just as bad as that guy except they are not videod saying it.

Edited by AugustineB

Mmmmm.....not sure exactly where that farang MENSA club would be situated in Thailand, might have to draft a few members (literally) from the Phillipines.