Thai Red Shirts Welcomed Home From Deadly Rallies

webfact

Question

Why is it the Thai ruling regime has turned off so so many media outlets?

It is like North Koreas here now.

In contrast, the Reds would immediately turn on all media if they were to get control.

FREEDOM For the Thai ruling groups, it is indeed a terrible thing to give to their slaves.

The government may be a bit too paranoid, but remember PTV broadcasted hatred against non-believers. Thaksin c.s. had a good start till people started to question his actions. Then he became annoyed at questions asked he didn't like. Journalists were harassed. Even the late K Samak once said to a female journalist 'go back to the kitchen'

In North Korea the all-wise leader knows best and decided his people didn't need any other news outlet. Thaksin was moving in that direction..

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe the world does not think these people are peaceful protesters after seeing the images of the damage done to bangkok.

It is sad to see that these protesters still think they have not committed any crimes, and on top of that many don't even condemn the actions of the black guards and rioters. Some of these people must have really been brainwashed to think its ok to burn government buildings, hotels, news channels, etc.

What I am afraid to see is the home grown terrorist and extremist that might start bombing bangkok randomly.

Yes,.. astonishing (and very disturbing) to realize that these aggressive insurgents so plainly predisposed to use of force and violence, killing and acts of terrorism think they are justified and have done nothing wrong.

I say crush them and crush them good,... too bad if the morons don't like it.

Just look at the closing paragraph by this guy,... its says it all and it IS a worry when you consider that these guys are waiting for "orders" from their "leaders",... terrorist in every sense of the word! What's worse is their disillusionment about getting 1 million supporters fro every death,... they must have made that one up on the train ride home.

I live in Chiangmai,..and to them I say welcome back NOT!!,... go somewhere else you freaking morons,.. or disappear into the scenery and never show up on the social landscape again,..and if you do I hope the army blasts you all to kingdom come!

"I am waiting for instructions from my leaders. I am not giving up. For now I will go home and back to my paddy field. With every one Red Shirt killed we believe a million supporters will emerge," he said.

"I am always ready to return to Bangkok to protest."

millions will rise if the army does a crackdown - Chiang Mai railway station, the 100-strong crowd chanted loudly,

and that is in one of their so called strongholds!! No need to say more

100s of buildings burned to the ground.

Tourism wrecked.

Huge money lost by the rich.

Who won?

If that is winning for the Rich ruling class, then I sure hope I never win like that.

Reds will likely rip Bangkok a new hole as soon as the government moves to prosecute red leaders.

Funny you say the fight is over but you KNOW it is not. It is as if saying it makes you feel powerful for a moment.

Go shopping at the World trade and see how powerful you feel.

This fight is in round 1 of a 15 round fight.

If I were you, I would move all my money and my dim rump out of Thailand before the Reds get real real serious and trash this place.

But-Just me.

Buildings. Mess. Etc. Its all just money - can be fixed easily. For starters they have an extra 46 Billion baht a certain ex-PM has balls all hance of getting back now, plus the rest they already confiscated. Do you really think the government will allow the same thing to happen again? The red shirts have shot their load, their game plan is now self evident - chaos. It can therefore be mitigated against. The fight is over, there will no doubt be a few spikes on the radar, but they will ertainly be quickly put down. The last week did nothing but hurt the red shirts cause as well as the country.

The leaders can languish in jail until the court has time to prosecute (years) in which time things will calm and be forgotten. Things are forgotten quickly here. If the government are wise, they will initiate some good will policies in the north east, praise some of the peaceful protesters for being just that and make them the heroes - the winners that "won" and got them these initiatives. An election will be announced perhaps early next year. The world will move on. Thaksin's weapon will be used against him, rhetric and mass media "brainwashing" along with nice little hand out packages to those areas with his support. Money will be put into the right (village pooyai) hands.

millions will rise if the army does a crackdown - Chiang Mai railway station, the 100-strong crowd chanted loudly,

Tourism wrecked.

Who won?

If that is winning for the Rich ruling class, then I sure hope I never win like that.

Reds will likely rip Bangkok a new hole as soon as the government moves to prosecute red leaders.

Funny you say the fight is over but you KNOW it is not. It is as if saying it makes you feel powerful for a moment.

If I were you, I would move all my money and my dim rump out of Thailand before the Reds get real real serious and trash this place.

But-Just me.

Buildings. Mess. Etc. Its all just money - can be fixed easily. For starters they have an extra 46 Billion baht a certain ex-PM has balls all hance of getting back now, plus the rest they already confiscated. Do you really think the government will allow the same thing to happen again? The red shirts have shot their load, their game plan is now self evident - chaos. It can therefore be mitigated against. The fight is over, there will no doubt be a few spikes on the radar, but they will ertainly be quickly put down. The last week did nothing but hurt the red shirts cause as well as the country.

The leaders can languish in jail until the court has time to prosecute (years) in which time things will calm and be forgotten. Things are forgotten quickly here. If the government are wise, they will initiate some good will policies in the north east, praise some of the peaceful protesters for being just that and make them the heroes - the winners that "won" and got them these initiatives. An election will be announced perhaps early next year. The world will move on. Thaksin's weapon will be used against him, rhetric and mass media "brainwashing" along with nice little hand out packages to those areas with his support. Money will be put into the right (village pooyai) hands.

If you think that would be used for the good of the country then you have literally "just got of the boat".

May I suggest that the time for blame and vitriol has now passed and that we, as farangs and Thais, try to contribute a more constructive debate on how we think the reconciliation process can be achieved. I have already suggested some general ideas and I believe that we, as a group, can come up with possible, more specific solutions to the healing and development process. How about it guys and girls? Can we do this in a spirit of harmony and goodwill and perhaps make this our contribution to the country in which we work and live and that, most of us, love? I believe that Abhisit is open to ideas and may in fact incorporate into the plan some of the ideas created here. I know that he reads the ThaiVisa forums as it gives him the pulse of the expat community

Over to you.

I have some simple ideas.

1) Hold a REAL election with the UN in watching.

2) After the Reds win again, and they will, perhaps try something new for a change like recognizing the will of the people. Stop the endless chain of coups.

3) Put in a new Constitution giving the people full power with the elected Parliament.

4) Remove ALL Generals who do not swear allegiance to who ever is elected as PM and the ruling party in p[Parliament.

5) Remove all Top judges and replace them with REAL judges that will support the Constitution.

But of course, when we start with number 1 above, the whole thing is rejected by the group that has done over 20 coups.

This group is declaring victory as the nation burns.

You know how you can tell when the current Thai government is untruthful?

Their lips are moving.

But go ahead and declare victory as your nation breaks apart if it makes you feel strong.

Maybe you can abuse your maids at home.

The fight will resume again in just weeks.

The men in black--can do much worse to this place if the current regime chooses to prosecute and then kill the red leaders arrested.

The next time the entire city could burn.

I bought some marshmallows.

Big mouth Thaksin supporter.

Choking on your marshmallows.

Sure you can attack the working class of Bangkok and put thousands out of work.

You burn your own country.

No loyalty except to your paymaster.

But know what?

Never again will you march to Bangkok and attack the workers.

You and your black shirt mob were beaten once.

Decisively.

You dream of nothing except destruction.

A fool for Thaksin.

Enemy of the people.

Tourism wrecked.

Who won?

But-Just me.

If you think that would be used for the good of the country then you have literally "just got of the boat".

No I don't at all. However, the post I replied too talked about the rich loosing their money - so where do you think the money will go? Think "the rich" non-reds will be out of pocket for long? Don't believe Imentioned the good of the country at all.

BTW I didn't state at all whether anything in my post was good (or bad) - I didn't state an opinion at all, indeed.

Edited by wolf5370

No I don't at all. However, the post I replied too talked about the rich loosing their money - so where do you think the money will go? Think "the rich" non-reds will be out of pocket for long? Don't believe Imentioned the good of the country at all.

BTW I didn't state at all whether anything in my post was good (or bad) - I didn't state an opinion at all, indeed.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but I assumed you meant the confiscated TS funds could be used to rebuild and reimburse people who had suffered losses at the hands of the redshirt protest and subsequent rampage.

May I suggest that the time for blame and vitriol has now passed and that we, as farangs and Thais, try to contribute a more constructive debate on how we think the reconciliation process can be achieved. I have already suggested some general ideas and I believe that we, as a group, can come up with possible, more specific solutions to the healing and development process. How about it guys and girls? Can we do this in a spirit of harmony and goodwill and perhaps make this our contribution to the country in which we work and live and that, most of us, love? I believe that Abhisit is open to ideas and may in fact incorporate into the plan some of the ideas created here. I know that he reads the ThaiVisa forums as it gives him the pulse of the expat community

Over to you.

2) After the Reds win again, and they will, perhaps try something new for a change like recognizing the will of the people. Stop the endless chain of coups.

3) Put in a new Constitution giving the people full power with the elected Parliament.

4) Remove ALL Generals who do not swear allegiance to who ever is elected as PM and the ruling party in p[Parliament.

5) Remove all Top judges and replace them with REAL judges that will support the Constitution.

But of course, when we start with number 1 above, the whole thing is rejected by the group that has done over 20 coups.

Their lips are moving.

But go ahead and declare victory as your nation breaks apart if it makes you feel strong.

The men in black--can do much worse to this place if the current regime chooses to prosecute and then kill the red leaders arrested.

No elections for you.

Only prison.

Prison is where you belong.

These are the working people whose lives you have ruined.

Your position is that of a reactionary pig.

Go to hel_l.

BANGKOK RIOTS

Victims seek govt assistance

By Kornchanok Raksaseri,

Somroutai Sapsomboon

The Nation

Published on May 22, 2010

Many have lost their jobs and regular incomes

Affected people cry for the government's urgent help and plan to rally at Central World today.

Wandee Saetang, 52, yesterday stood at the Saladaeng Intersection at 2pm with the hope to meet reporters. She worked at the Central World canteen.

"I don't know what else I can do. Now I'm at the dead end. I don't understand why we never caused the government any trouble, but the gov�ernment never sees us. On the other hand, the protesters caused many problems but the government helped them with many things without any request," she said tearfully.

She said her employer told her that the shop has to be closed on critical days. But the government would help the daily workers upon registration. They registered with the government since April 1213 but they had not received any help.

"The officials from the Labour Ministry said they could not help us as we don't have any social security card. But I think that the more they must help us," she said, adding that she had yet to pay two months of house rent at the end of this month, otherwise, they will have to move out.

The rent of the house she's been living for 30 years is Bt3,000 a month. With the wage Bt350 a day, she has to be responsible for a 13yearold daughter and her 80yearold parents.

She went to Central World, where used to be her office, since 10am. She met some people who also used to work there.

This morning, (Saturday) they plan to bring more excolleagues and meet again at the intersection before marching to the burnt Central World.

Wandee's excolleague Phochana Kongkamnan, 33, said she and about a dozen of her friends came to the intersection almost every day as they had nowhere to go.

"It's too stressful to stay at home. I can't do anything there. I come out here I might be lucky enough to get a job," she said.

She took the government's free bus service to the area.

Phochana said during the period she is jobless since April 3, when the red shirt came to rally at Rajprasong Intersection, she had to borrow money from relatives and loan sharks to survive.

Being a daily worker with Bt250 wage, Phochana has no savings but must take care of her 7yearold daughter and a niece.

"Reality is sadder than in novels. (Sad but real) She said tearfully. "I hope somebody helps me before I lose my last breath."

"I haven't had a meal since the morning," she said and showed the only bottle of water that kept her stay. "I am a grownup, I can stand it. But children can't."

She called for urgent assistance as the landlord asked her to leave after failing to pay two months of the rent.

She suggested that, at least, the government to help talk to the landlords to allow them to stay further.

Boonnam Somsaksiri, a 47yearold vendor in Silom, is still luckier than Wandee and Phochana he has some savings. He wanted somebody to ensure that the government would not desert them and give urgent help.

"In the early period when the government took the post, it could give away Bt2,000. Now it should give some money urgently to help the troubled people survive," he said.

Tour guide Nitat Rachdee, 49, said he came to take photos at Saladaeng Intersection for his memory and his pleasure.

"Every corner of this area is where I made a living. Today is the first day in the past two months that I have a mall group of Spanish tourists," he said.

He usually earned more than Bt50,000 each month. But after the red shirt started rallying in March 12, his income dropped until he barely earned.

"As a tour guide, I want to ask the government to fix the country's image so that tourism industry can come back as soon as possible," he said.

-- The Nation 2010-05-22

Edited by yoshiwara

Over to you.

Their lips are moving.

No elections for you.

Only prison.

Prision is where you belong.

Go to hel_l.

Are your spastic rantings supposed to be a sort of new-wave Haiku?

Over to you.

Their lips are moving.

No elections for you.

Only prison.

Go to hel_l.

If you knew anything about the spastic society and cerebral palsy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scope_(charity)

You wouldn't be so childish in your insults.

But you don't.

All you know is sniffing burning tyres.

Over to you.

Their lips are moving.

No elections for you.

Only prison.

Go to hel_l.

How about a referendum on whether Abhisit should call early elections on November 14 or serve the full term of his government? Sounds pretty fair.

No elections for you.

Only prison.

Go to hel_l.

But you don't.

If you knew anything about the English language you would know that "spastic" has definitions outside that of medical conditions.

No elections for you.

Only prison.

Go to hel_l.

But you don't.

If you knew anything about the English language you would know that "spastic" has definitions outside that of medical conditions.

Only for fools.

Ask the Spastic Society what they think about idiots using the word 'spastic' as a term of abuse.

Your education appears to have been rather second rate.

Over to you.

Their lips are moving.

No elections for you.

Only prison.

Go to hel_l.

Nah. He's just an OCD sufferer, poor bloke.

But you don't.

Only for fools.

Ask the Spastic Society what they think about idiots using the word 'spastic' as a term of abuse.

I don't care what the Spastic Society says, I'm not an idiot, and my education was rather first rate, sir.

However, your Haiku need some work...

But you don't.

Only for fools.

I don't care what the Spastic Society says, I'm not an idiot, and my education was rather first rate, sir.

No you wouldn't care about attacking the Spastic Society.

Just like Thaksin attacking gays.

First rate education? Not with those second rate reactionary ideas.

You make me laugh.

Edited by yoshiwara

Only for fools.

No you wouldn't care about attacking the Spastic Society.

Just like Thaksin attacking gays.

First rate education?

You make me laugh.

I didn't attack the Spastic Societ and I didn't mention Thaksin or homosexuals. Are you OK? Do you need to speak to somebody? Do you need a hug?

I didn't attack the Spastic Societ and I didn't mention Thaksin or homosexuals. Are you OK? Do you need to speak to somebody? Do you need a hug?

Then I suggest you read up on the work of the Spastic Society and desist from attacking people as 'spastics'.

Every attack on somebody as a 'spastic' is an ignorant attack on a serious illness and the work of the Spastic Society.

You 'don't care'.

Grow up.

Then I suggest you read up on the work of the Spastic Society and desist from attacking people as 'spastics'.

Every attack on somebody as a 'spastic' is an ignorant attack on a serious illness and the work of the Spastic Society.

You 'don't care'.

Grow up.

Whilst maybe not 100% PC the word "spastic" means "prone to spasm, unwieldy, unpredictable". So "spastic rantings" refer to your postings in that context.

Maybe you need to grow up.

You 'don't care'.

Grow up.

Whilst maybe not 100% PC the word "spastic" means "prone to spasm, unwieldy, unpredictable". So "spastic rantings" refer to your postings in that context.

No it isn't. Not 1%.

There is a saying that when in a hole stop digging Mr 'I don't care what the Spastic Society thinks'.

That you can't leave it alone shows you up as a spoiled brat.

I will say it again.

Grow up.

Edited by yoshiwara

You 'don't care'.

Grow up.

You want a rant?

Here's a rant:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

These are very simple minded people. All countries have them- not just Thailand. The uneducated, rural poor will be fed (again) false stories and propaganda and once again will be used by the "Red thugs". (Not being sarcastic here... Maybe the governement should buy them all refrigerators/ AC's or better yet, a small tractor something materialistic they can see... In the long run, it would be cheaper than the millions of dollars lost from their next rebellion or terrorist acts. )
The uneducated, rural poor Red Shirts are copying the same mob rule tactics that the educated, urban affluent Yellow Shirts used. Only difference is, the army stood by and did nothing while the Yellows overthrew an elected government.

How about a referendum on whether Abhisit should call early elections on November 14 or serve the full term of his government? Sounds pretty fair.

No need for a referendum. The earlier proposed November 14 elections have been off the table for some time now after the Reds stupidly rejected the offer.

Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanij has the right idea in that elections may be possible before the scheduled date in late 2011, but that is contingent on the rabble rousers to cease their disruptive activities and for a modicum of stability to return to the country.

The uneducated, rural poor Red Shirts are copying the same mob rule tactics that the educated, urban affluent Yellow Shirts used. Only difference is, the army stood by and did nothing while the Yellows overthrew an elected government.

Where do the educated, rich, urban Red Shirts and the poor, rural Yellow shirts fall into your apparently quite limited understanding of the situation?

btw, try and restrict your font and text size to the same that everyone else uses. It's easier on the eyes and is actually required by forum rules:

Posting in all capitals or in all bold, and using large or unusual fonts and colors is bad netiquette.

• Like 1

No need for a referendum. The earlier proposed November 14 elections have been off the table for some time now after the Reds stupidly rejected the offer.

Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanij has the right idea in that elections may be possible before the scheduled date in late 2011, but that is contingent on the rabble rousers to cease their disruptive activities and for a modicum of stability to return to the country.

An early election would actually benefit the government whilst the country, even those in the North are very upset of the actions of a red minority - fortunately they identified themselves on video in most cases-indicates their level of intelligence.

Elections at the end of next year will give the reds time to regroup find a natural leader(s) and be ready with their huge propaganda machine. At the moment they are on a downer but in general the current government is not liked and unacceptable to them and it will not take much to reunite them and they are millions. Prior to the dreadful events in Bangkok they had proven that they were well committed to their cause and had probably won-rogue leaders with a different agenda changed all that.

Whatever the case I sincerely hope that Thailand can go forward in peace with some acceptable form of reconciliation.

Question

Why is it the Thai ruling regime has turned off so so many media outlets?

It is like North Koreas here now.

In contrast, the Reds would immediately turn on all media if they were to get control.

FREEDOM For the Thai ruling groups, it is indeed a terrible thing to give to their slaves.

The government may be a bit too paranoid, but remember PTV broadcasted hatred against non-believers. Thaksin c.s. had a good start till people started to question his actions. Then he became annoyed at questions asked he didn't like. Journalists were harassed. Even the late K Samak once said to a female journalist 'go back to the kitchen'

In North Korea the all-wise leader knows best and decided his people didn't need any other news outlet. Thaksin was moving in that direction..

I am clueless, can you be specific what news media???? I know of one during the liberation for BKK. If you think this is bad, move to Saudi Arabia.