Please Get A Grip On These Forums

simon43

No, but hijacking this thread by discussing moderation does usually result in warns. something to bear in mind....

perhaps you need a reminder of the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed on???

Perhaps someone can tell me how to use the Report feature, since this seems a good way to report those who are making personal attacks on others. Although I'm logged in, clicking on 'Report' simply returns an error message. Is this function working?

Simon

Well I just tried the report button, it worked and I reported your silly complaints about other peoples posts and rants

Let me know if they contacted you OK?

Perhaps someone can tell me how to use the Report feature, since this seems a good way to report those who are making personal attacks on others. Although I'm logged in, clicking on 'Report' simply returns an error message. Is this function working?

Simon

Well I just tried the report button, it worked and I reported your silly complaints about other peoples posts and rants

Let me know if they contacted you OK?

Good for you Jumbo. But I don't think Simon43 was asking whether your "Report" button was working. And why would Simon43 let you know if other posters contacted him? Surely that wouldn't help him.

Edited by bangkoklight

Simon43 and your OP post:

I couldn't agree more and "feel" and receive the bashing and naming posts on an almost daily basis which has lead, in my case, of contributing to a minimum of posts from my side.

There is a certain group of posters who seem to think they're geniuses , knowing it all, and if you do not walk along with them you're seriously attacked and flamed upon.

It's a shame and sad at the same time.

I've given up on using the Report! button in most cases since there's no answer or noticeable follow up whatsoever anyway.

Thanks for posting and expressing your feelings; I agree with them for a full 100%.

It seems that the hardliners, without knowing the word and meaning of consensus and civilization have taken over.

As hard and unacceptable the violent part of the hardcore red shirts acted, the same do these members and (ex)-returning members; not with real weapons but with an even sharper and mightier weapon, their keyboard, meant to hurt and seriously attack other members who do not agree with their views..

Maybe they can learn something from a well respected Thai/American, Khun Somtow Sucharitkul; he has probably more brains than most of the afore mentioned posters combined:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Govt-De...69#entry3633469

Friday, May 21, 2010

An Open Letter to the Red Shirts

If Thailand could only have 1 or 2 of this kind of men in the Government, Thailand would have the opportunity to rise from the ashes and finally start a bitterly needed opening for discussions and reconciliation with all parties involved.

And, if that group of posters could learn something also, the battle has ended and Thaivisa could return to the once quality web portal it was before, as well respected member Simon43 has expressed.

LaoPo

LaoPo, I couldn't agree more.

Democracy is all about respecting the right of others to express their views, even if that view is not shared by yourself.

Sbk, I logged out, cleaned my 'cookies', restarted my computer, scrubbed it with a strong disinfectant, and then logged back in again. Alas - the 'Report' function still returns the same error message when I click on it, I still do not see 'Bedlam' listed in my forum drop-down list. As for the 'Ignore' option, where should that option reside?

Apparently, I seem to be using a 'slimmed down' version of ThaiVisa forum, where my ability to report or ignore others is disabled, and I'm considered not worthy enough to access Bedlam

:)

Simon

and I'm considered not worthy enough to access Bedlam

:D

Simon

:D well now that you mention it :D You should contact mario & see about launching a civil action against the forum for this......I can clearly see it has had a profound affect on you're life, your an emotional wreck. :)

Rixalex - your comments are a typical example of those who seek to stifle the views of posters who do not agree with you.

I simply expressed my opinion. There was nothing stiffling about it. You or anybody else were perfectly free to respond to it. I think you perceive my post and others along the same line as being stiffling simply because these posts are now in the majority, and those expressing an alternative or an opposite opinion are now heavily in the minority. That doesn't mean that opinion is being stiffled, it means that opinion fails to exist much. If that bothers you why not get out on the forum and express your viewpoint more, rather than starting a thread which complains about stiffling but yet at the same time advocates it?

I am not a redshirt and nor do I support Thaksin.

I won't accuse you of either of those things but will say that your posts speak louder than any proclamation you wish to make.

Are you trying to suggest that ALL supporters of Thaksin/Red Shirts are terrorists? (Rhetorical question - don't bother to reply)

Here you are guilty of stiffling yourself. You state something about what you imply i believe and then instruct me to not reply.

This is the support forum, not a debating forum.

Sbk - someone please tell me where the Ignore button is - i need it now!! :)

Simon

Debate is forbidden on the support forum? Really?

I simply disagreed with you Simon. I haven't insulted you personally or been abusive. You claim to respect the views of others, but when you hear one you don't agree with you advertise the fact that you wish to ignore that person. Doesn't seem to be a very respectful way of acting to me. Can't help wondering if you are the same simon43 who wrote the below:

Democracy is all about respecting the right of others to express their views, even if that view is not shared by yourself.

Debate is forbidden on the support forum? Really?

The support forum is for members who have problems with board functionality and are looking for help. It's not called the Debate Forum. :) Back on topic.

Simon, have you tried another browser to see if it corrects your problem? I've checked all your setting in the Admin panel and see nothing that would cause your problems.

Actually the topic is moderation, the report function came up after SBK suggested using it.

Guys, you really need to get a better grip on moderating the News and General forums.

I've been a ThaiVisa member since 2002, but I have never seen such a level of openly abusive and childish posts as is occurring now.

Whilst Thailand is trying to move on after the terrible events of the past few days, ThaiVisa threads/posts seems to have got permanently stuck in a groove of abuse and threats against Thaksin, his supporters, Red Shirts, Issan people - in fact anyone who does not agree with the views of the person who posts his/her comments.

Posters are personally insulted and threatened. It is impossible to carry on any decent level of discussion.

Why are such posters not banned? It cannot benefit ThaiVisa in any way to allow these types of posts to be published. It makes your forum look totally unprofessional.

I know that many posters feel strongly about recent events. But if they are unable to control their feelings, then they should not be allowed to post - end of story.

Simon

PS - I very much appreciate the efforts of the mods, but your work load would be greatly reduced if you banned posters who break the rules and require new registrees a 7-day grace period before they can post

And I also brought up the fact that its up to the members to help this forum be what it wants. Its not about personal grudges, arguments et al.

That said, as always, these threads get hijacked and so it gets closed. Simon, we are in PM discussion re your account

//CLOSED//