Curfew Lifted For Pattaya City

george

so your saying Pattaya spits in the face of HM and does not respect him ?????????????

wow, your sadly deluded.

I am?

Well lets see. Most of the beer bars just turn off their music and remain open, serving drinks and booty. Many go-go bars turn off the outside lights while inside is business as usual. Freelancers walk the streets as if it's any other day, and minus some obvious venues closing and lights and music off, it's business as usual, only quiet. I've see it every year for the past 8 years. I find it disturbing and disrespectful than they can not completely shut down for just one day.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please stop drinking and grow up. Won't use your vocabulary, shows what and who you are.[/font]

[/font]

Right, so you start on me for NO reason and can't take it in return. To be expected. Sound like one of the hooligans on Buakhao.

Pattaya defies everything. They don't really close for HM's birthday,

so your saying Pattaya spits in the face of HM and does not respect him ?????????????

wow, your sadly deluded.

Why you ask? go look for yourself next time, for yourself. Than you report to us. I will belive you.

Then him dont do ...so why him delude you?

TOKAY, you sound like you are having withdraw issues from your closed bars and venue's. What no spare alcohol at home? But then I am sure there are a few small Thai owned local places, supermarkets (Thai style) that are open and locals drinking as always 365/24/7.

Pattaya is a great city and thanks to the Thai rules of the Thai sociaty Pattaya can stay open most days due to the great ... police force.

Maybe you should move to Pattaya, cause you do sound a little envy.

Edited by ronthai

I hope for the sake of Pattaya and Thailand you are correct.

My fear is not the "reds" necessarily, but those factions within the reds hel_l bent on creating chaos. Can you imagine a few M79s shot into Walking Street at 11pm? It would be the end of tourism in Pattaya for a long, long time.

Just looking at your moniker/avitar whatever it is called, I take you as an alarmist/fraidy cat. Relax brother, if we take extreme measures then the radicals will react with more of the same. If it is business as usual, they will settle down. It is all about getting attention. You close down everything then you are just reinforcing their motives. I live in Chiang Mai and cannot imagine why there is a curfew.

Edited by kennalder

has anyone noticed that Curfew hours are just normal sleeping hours for the villages and monastries,

perhaps it ought to be extended as a social experiment, maybe the redshirts will loose some of their anger.

wives should be happy with their men are at home,

just watch out for the sudden increase in births in 9 months time

Why you ask? go look for yourself next time, for yourself. Than you report to us. I will belive you.

Then him dont do ...so why him delude you?

Huh? :)

I talk whit spoonman :D

Edited by oceano

Pattaya is definitly nor red! Mostly because of the need for tourism for sure.

I would not dare to go into old town Naklua with a red shirt T-Shirt!

Sometimes Iwish our area would be an independant zone from the rest of the LOS.

Pattaya does not need BKK hiso as well not red shirts communists. It would survive without both of them!

Pattaya does not need BKK hiso as well not red shirts communists. It would survive without both of them!

Second that !!!

Pattaya is 100% farang money, built and bread.

If all farangs leave Pattaya it will close down. No more Mac's, Malls, hotels, restaurants, and the list goes on.

Every Thai in Pattaya makes their money through farangs, directly or indirectly up to the smallest Thai "restaurant" or meals on wheels.

Comunist? wow this is new...so next year we will have comunist governament?? better start go away!!!!

Second that !!!

Pattaya is 100% farang money, built and bread.

If all farangs leave Pattaya it will close down. No more Mac's, Malls, hotels, restaurants, and the list goes on.

Every Thai in Pattaya makes their money through farangs, directly or indirectly up to the smallest Thai "restaurant" or meals on wheels.

I agree...what i dont understand why when they want wound or kill you they dont care...farang i can kill you, this is my country...i hope one day all us we try to pay back all the bad things i see all night...i mean we go all away and we live them go back wrok for make rice in Isaan!!!

The poor in Chiang Mai are still being punished by Mr Abhsit for backing the wrong side and will probably have the curfew enforced until Sunday. But then the Democtrat party never did give a shit about the North.

The poor in Chiang Mai are still being punished by Mr Abhsit for backing the wrong side and will probably have the curfew enforced until Sunday. But then the Democtrat party never did give a shit about the North.

Which is why they won a load of local election seats in the lower north where lanna ideals (of you are not as proper northerner unless you are a lanna ponce) are despised last year. CM is Thaksin home but it isnt the only place in the north (thank god) even though it sets it elitist superiority up over all the rest of the north when given the chance.

Seemed very back to normal, I asked a girl or 2 about it and they shrugged it off and said ok now, take long time sort out Government but people understand no good fighting and Thai people upset big time about fighting.

Hopefully get back to normal now, plenty of know it alls saying it will start again but guys who like to think they understand it but rarely do.

Pattaya is a great city and thanks to the Thai rules of the Thai sociaty Pattaya can stay open most days due to the great ... police force.

Maybe you should move to Pattaya, cause you do sound a little envy.

I live in Pattaya. Have for many years.

It is where the worst from the east meet the worst from the west. :) But it's home for now.

Just looking at your moniker/avitar whatever it is called, I take you as an alarmist/fraidy cat.

Relax brother, if we take extreme measures then the radicals will react with more of the same. If it is business as usual, they will settle down. It is all about getting attention. You close down everything then you are just reinforcing their motives.

Yes, I am a big fraidy cat. Perhaps you should look up my posts from just a few days ago (with pics) from when I was working in the hot zone, pinned down twice by sniper fire. I saw the damage first hand that they inflicted, watched two Thais die right in front of me and another take a bullet to the leg. They are not messing around and there are factions of the reds that do not care about falang, rules, army or anything else for that matter. My fear was them jumping the gun, as Pattaya is doing right now, and dropping the curfew when it was clearly put there for a reason. There is still select fighting happening in Bangkok right now fyi.

Also, don't forget, the reds came to Pattaya last year and turned the hill upside down. Shit happens. Just sayin'.

plenty of know it alls saying it will start again but guys who like to think they understand it but rarely do.

The reds have already announced another march in Bangkok on May 30th. :)

plenty of know it alls saying it will start again but guys who like to think they understand it but rarely do.

The reds have already announced another march in Bangkok on May 30th. :)

Were do you read about? i make news for my website...and this is big new.

Tanks

wow, your sadly deluded.

I am?

Well lets see. Most of the beer bars just turn off their music and remain open, serving drinks and booty. Many go-go bars turn off the outside lights while inside is business as usual. Freelancers walk the streets as if it's any other day, and minus some obvious venues closing and lights and music off, it's business as usual, only quiet. I've see it every year for the past 8 years. I find it disturbing and disrespectful than they can not completely shut down for just one day.

You're sounding quite ridiculous really. If Pattaya doesn't suit your sensibilities, find another place. It's hard to understand why you're still here after 8 years.

Its the areas which Thaksin explicitly said he wouldn't support because they did not vote for his party when he was PM that was the original story.

Your cover up is the imitation of that message.

Not original.

Edited by yoshiwara

Just looking at your moniker/avitar whatever it is called, I take you as an alarmist/fraidy cat. Relax brother, if we take extreme measures then the radicals will react with more of the same. If it is business as usual, they will settle down. It is all about getting attention. You close down everything then you are just reinforcing their motives. I live in Chiang Mai and cannot imagine why there is a curfew.

Maybe somebody with a sense of fairness decided to let the red capital have a taste of what BKK has put up with. :)

Burning schools is a great way to advance the people of Isaan!

Pattaya defies everything. They don't really close for HM's birthday, Buddha's birthday or even a curfew that is in place for a reason. It's sad really.

Lets pray to whatever God you pray to that the Mayor is not wrong on this one.

In my opinion that's beside the point in this case. I live near the city hall and saw how the reds were watched by the whatever color you might like to call them. This is not a red city and rest assured Thai citizens in here are watching over their city and know every movement better than we foreigner expect!

I hope for the sake of Pattaya and Thailand you are correct.

My fear is not the "reds" necessarily, but those factions within the reds hel_l bent on creating chaos. Can you imagine a few M79s shot into Walking Street at 11pm? It would be the end of tourism in Pattaya for a long, long time.

i think bombs shootings and arson in bkk plus the embassies closing and the curfew has already finished off tourism in pattaya for a long time. dont forget the new airport is called bkk airport. oh and lets not forget 45 baht to the pound---------thats over £10 lost on every £100 changed compared to 50 to the pound.

PARTY ON DUDES :):D:D:D

I'm ready for Happy Hour here in Bangkok, why don't they at least lift the curfew for Soi Cowboy area, I about ready to start my own protest to lift the curfew for GoGo areas! :D

I agree whit you....after "naked for life"....."gogo' naked for us"!

PARTY ON DUDES :D:D:D:D

I'm ready for Happy Hour here in Bangkok, why don't they at least lift the curfew for Soi Cowboy area, I about ready to start my own protest to lift the curfew for GoGo areas! :D

I agree whit you....after "naked for life"....."gogo' naked for us"!

Looks like there is not too much difference between the Expat Community of Bangkok and the one here in Pattaya, beside the one in Bangkok likes to pay higher prices :)