Best Bigbike Rental Deal In Chiang Mai?

bkkc1976

Hi everyone!

I would like to rent a ninja 250 for a month,but so far the prices are to high.i was thinking about 10000 baht for 1 month(thats what i paid in pattaya last year...and yes the bike was insured and registered!!)?!

Is it possible to get a bike for this money here in chiang mai?

Or somebody private renting out his bike?

Thx for your help!

Been everywhere now.pop bike rental,mr mechanic,mr beer etc.... why are rental bikes so expensive here and why do the rental companies prefer to have the bike standing unused in front of their shop instead of renting it out for 10000 baht in the lowseason??

Been everywhere now.pop bike rental,mr mechanic,mr beer etc.... why are rental bikes so expensive here and why do the rental companies prefer to have the bike standing unused in front of their shop instead of renting it out for 10000 baht in the lowseason??

How much do they want here for a Ninja 250 or 600 twin?

Ninja 250 15000 baht per month/800 per day

650 twin i didnt even ask! ;-)

I was reading in the "bikes in thailand" forum that someone got a got deal for 29000!!! baht a month!Thats a great deal,but only for the rental company!;-)

Not sure what the prices are at all but try "tony's big bikes", I know they have at least one 250 Ninja as I was looking at it a couple of days ago.

Look up Pikey on the forum and he will be able to advise you 100% as it's his business!

good bloke, 100% as honest as the day is long and I'm quite sure he'll do his best for you!

All that + all the bikes are maintained to the highest standard. I will personally vouch for that.

Cheers

Not sure what the prices are at all but try "tony's big bikes", I know they have at least one 250 Ninja as I was looking at it a couple of days ago.

Look up Pikey on the forum and he will be able to advise you 100% as it's his business!

good bloke, 100% as honest as the day is long and I'm quite sure he'll do his best for you!

All that + all the bikes are maintained to the highest standard. I will personally vouch for that.

Cheers

Not sure who you are but thanks for the plug. :)

It was me who quoted the OP 15k baht over the phone a couple of days ago (unless there is someone else hunting out a cheap deal on a 250 Ninja). Our quote was/is reasonable esp as the daily rate is 900. Yes, it's the low season but we have a lot of overheads which are necessary to provide the level of service we pride ourselves in and 333 baht/day for a Ninja just doesn't do it for me.

I think if you walked into Maddogs or a bar and started negotiating the price of breakfast or a beer, you'd get short shift. At least we are willing to negotiate within reason.

Cheers,

Pikey.

I would imagine that quite a few things are cheaper in Pattaya than here. :)

Very high volume of short stay tourists, pretty much year round. And I have a hunch that most who rent big bikes in Patts are just doing it for show; ride up and down Beach Road, etc.

Whereas here in CM, the bike rental agencies with large bikes, particularly sport bikes- know their rentals are going to get well and truly flogged on the mountain roads around here....lots more wear and tear, and likelihood of accident damage.

Seems reasonable to me that they charge a bit more here....

@ Pikey:

yes it was me!;-) and you were very nice on the phone and i been to your place last year and i saw that your bikes are SUPER clean and in perfect condition!!The thing is,no offense!,i am just thinking that its to expensive for a bike that costs 150000 baht new.i think 12000 baht per month would be a fair deal and in the low season you could make 10000 baht....i am still intrested:-)!

I will try my luck at maddogs someday...:-)!You cant compare food to a motorbike rental company.when i rent a car their is a deal per day,a deal for a few days/weeks and a monthly deal.i will get a perfect condition 500000 baht rental car for 20000 baht a month.its just my opinion and absolutly no offense!

@ Mcgriffith

i rented the bike in pattaya(i was living in bkk at that time) and drove with the bike to chiang mai and toured around here,so no goin up and down fuc_k.. beachroad!;-)

The bike was brand new at that time,registrated and basic insured.i now the bikes at tonys etc are 1st class insured,but how much is that,500 baht per month?

I may be barking up the wrong tree here but I was always lead to beleive that if you want the best quality you had to be willing to pay for it! For me, I always follow that belief and almost always find that it works! Now comparing one years price to another for a service / rental is fine ... Considering you take into account what you are actually gonna get, What comes with it, the age/condition of the product your gonna be using, reliability, after sales service/back up etc etc etc.!

What I'm trying to say is, if you rented a bike for X amount of B last year and you want to pay the same this year, either 1 ... Good Luck considering the state of global economy (this affects everyone globaly) or .. 2 ... Try going back to Pattaya and getting the same price on the same bike (although I don't fancy your chances).

At the end of the day, these bikes are available. Some have insurance, some don't. Some come from people who take care of them, some don't.

How much is your safety and peace of mind worth to you?

Once you can answer that question, you will know where to hire from!

Ride safe whatever you do!!!!!!!!!!