How To Get Through Traffic In Thailand

sokal

I find that the cops don't really care if you drive like this. Its how the motorbike taxi's do it. On the second video a J walking farang calls me a d*ck. I bet if I was a taxi driver he wouldn't have said that. Those Thai pizza delivery guys have fun jobs, I wish I could do it.

A show of very poor driving etiquette.

I checked out your channel and you really seem to enjoy this type of driving. Please take out some insurance and leave me as the beneficiary. I promise to carry your picture to the funeral and then throw a huge bash for the TV members when the settlement check comes.

TheWalkingMan

It's easy to cut through traffic on a scooter or motorcycle. It works great up until someone cuts you off or acts unpredictably.

I have done this enough on my motorcycles to see the good and the bad.

You want to take a guess why Thailand has road accident and fatality rates a multitude higher than Western countries? Seems like you haven't figured it out.

• 2 weeks later...

It's easy to cut through traffic on a scooter or motorcycle. It works great up until someone cuts you off or acts unpredictably.

You want to take a guess why Thailand has road accident and fatality rates a multitude higher than Western countries? Seems like you haven't figured it out.

simply because there is more motorcycles in Thailand.

Drive like that in my neighborhood and you will likely meet 4600+ lbs of Range Rover. Would not be a ''hit and run,'' more of a ''hit and run over - twice.''

It's only a matter of time... and don't worry, I'd post the youtube video result here. In the meantime, please don't wear a helmet - seems a waste of good plastic.

And yes, you are a dick.

The OP seems to be proud of his poor display of riding ability. You are of course, very silly, I hope you either WAKE UP before you injure or kill someone else OR alternatively just take yourself out.

ps: That is a very suitable avatar for you, isnt it sokal. :)

Edited by neverdie

You honestly believe this?

At the last count there were 19.6 road deaths per 100,000 population in Thailand. In the UK it was 4.3 per 100,000. This was due to many factors, poor/non existent driver training, poor law enforcement, high levels of drink driving. etc. etc.

I only hope that when you meet your inevitable demise you don't take an innocent party to meet the big fella upstairs (or downstairs).

It's only a matter of time before you have an accident.

When driving I try to be very careful of motorcycles, but almost on a daily basis I nearly take out someone who rides like you do. When (more than if) I do, it won't be my fault.

There is allot of close calls in Thailand but that is because the faster you drive, the less actual time you spend in a contact point.

It wouldn't be your fault if you hit a motorcycle. Sh*t happens, thats life.

You honestly believe this?

At the last count there were 19.6 road deaths per 100,000 population in Thailand. In the UK it was 4.3 per 100,000. This was due to many factors, poor/non existent driver training, poor law enforcement, high levels of drink driving. etc. etc.

I only hope that when you meet your inevitable demise you don't take an innocent party to meet the big fella upstairs (or downstairs).

but there is probably equally more mototcycles per 100,000 and motorcycles are inadvertently more dangerous.

the only reason I made this thread was because I wanted to see how many people would get mad if a farang drove like this yet, most Thai taxi drivers and delivery boys drive like this, its part of Thailand

You are correct to suggest that there are far more motorcycles on the road which are more dangerous than cars, However to come to the conclusion that this is the primary factor to the appalling death rate on Thailand's roads is way wide of the mark. The average standard of driving in Thailand is very low in comparison with western countries.

You also suggest that MOST Thai Taxi drivers/delivery boys drive like this.

Quite simply, incorrect. In 25 years of visiting Thailand I've never sat on a taxi driving in such a dangerous and irresponsible manner. A driver with such small ability wouldn't be alive for too long.

You also seem to be of the opinion that you were called a d*ck simply because you were a foreigner and not Thai.

IT IS NOT A QUESTION OF RACE!!

If you drive like a d*ck, you're a d*ck and you'll be called one regardless of your race or the colour of the skin.

The OP seems to be proud of his poor display of riding ability. You are of course, very silly, I hope you either WAKE UP before you injure or kill someone else OR alternatively just take yourself out.

ps: That is a very suitable avatar for you, isnt it sokal. :)

Well said neverdie took the words right out of my mouth :D

Dear oh dearie me George! Yet again you live up to your avatar.

You must be:

a] George W, who has displayed to the world his complete & utter disregard for humanity or,

b] you are a complete moron or,

c] both a] & b].

I've just realised what your nick means:

S.O.K.A.L. - Small Omnibus Killed Another Lunatic. The small omnibus being a Songtaeow...the lunatic being you.

Of course, you are a lunatic...if you insist upon not using 'common sense' in the way you so proudly demonstrate.

whistling.gif

Edited by elkangorito

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly the dude was only concerned about his grand daughter there beside him, I'm also very protective over my childern.

And secondly, I like the vids, having only ridden those streets once, thanks - just be careful.

• 4 weeks later...

"J Walking Farang"

LOL. How else do you expect them to cross the road when zebra crossings aren't given any attention? There are no J Walking laws in most of the world.

And he's right to call you a dick, as you passed so close to him and cut up a truck to avoid the people in the road. You could see him in the road for ages on your approach, why didn't you pass with space? He should of knocked you off. Bet you wouldn't post the video then, would you?

Especially as you're a westerner, you should know better.

Edited by bangkockney

• 3 weeks later...

What an idiot.

Driving without concern for other people.

And you are proud of it?

No you are not a dick more like an a**hole.

You fit in perfectly with Pattaya.

Why I do not live there anymore.

I live in Hua Hin where people drive like their life and others depended upon

common sense.

Doc