Voip Problems

johnnort

Hello friends,

I have been using Voip Discount for some years, trouble free, to speak to family in the UK. Dialing from my laptop (XP) to UK landlines. However, for the last few days, I have been able to hear conversation from the other end but they have been unable to hear me. Anyone know of what the problem could be please? My account is in credit and this is the first time a problem has occurred. Mick

Are you using seprate headset/mic if so use a programme like skype or msn to prove if they are working OK. Similair if using built mic.

The other thing you can do is reboot your router (obvious I know but maybe you haven't)

Try setting up a call to a number in different country or your mobile as it may be a cross connection problem to the country you are ringing.

I use voipdiscount and occassionaly get the porblem you have experienced. I am ringing from the UK to Thailand. But this problem is the odd call and redialling usually fixes problem.

Are you using seprate headset/mic if so use a programme like skype or msn to prove if they are working OK. Similair if using built mic.

The other thing you can do is reboot your router (obvious I know but maybe you haven't)

Try setting up a call to a number in different country or your mobile as it may be a cross connection problem to the country you are ringing.

I use voipdiscount and occassionaly get the porblem you have experienced. I am ringing from the UK to Thailand. But this problem is the odd call and redialling usually fixes problem.

Thank you Louialive. You will never know how much of a help you were. After scouring the computer in order to do, and doing, all sorts of things, deleting then re-downloading the program and calling TOT, I read your response. Your very first sentence had the answer; I remember now; I had unplugged the microphone. Thanks