Pink Floyd Back Catalogue

Been racking my brain about the titles of the first two,seeing my old vinyl collection is in storage somewhere.

"Obscured by clouds" and "Relics" first and real Pink Floyd. also Meddle and Ummagamma.

After Sid Barett left, all things went too pop. Dark side and Wish You ...

they changed dealer in 1976 and made the Animals,

but last two - relly boring...

I only ever bought Atom Heart Mother, apparently their worst album but I thought it was very good indeed.

Not as bad as "Division Bell". Atom Heart Mother - is psychodelic album written on stuff as heavy and wierd as GWBush's mind.

I think there're 2 completely different Pink Floyds, they don't even sound similar.

• 4 months later...

The Aussie Pink Floyd played in the nightclub I used to run in the UK, one of the best bands to ever play

there, and we had a different band every night of the week. People were storming the stage

trying to nick their kit - they use exactly the same gear as the non-Aussie Pink Floyd.

Even had one woman leave in tears, although that could have been due to the extortionate cover charge.

'Piper At The Gates Of Dawn' was the first album; an extraordinary swirl of instruments and tunes, listened to under the effect of certain relaxants whilst wearing headphones one will never be the same again.

It was Syd Barrett before he lost the plot, once Roger Waters took over everything became much more sociological and ordered; in my view both were geniuses at writing melodies, and Dave Gilmour has always been a guitarist of sublime taste and interpretation of songs.

Long live The Floyd, both Roger Waters and Dave Gilmour deserve knighthoods for service to middle class hippies, circa 1967-1995.