Using Thai Bank Account To Accept Paypal Payments

If I use my Thai bank account to open a PayPal business account to collect payments from an online company that is registered outside of Thailand. Will I be liable to pay any tax/vat here in Thailand?

So for example I make the sale online from my .co.uk site. They pay online I receive the money in my PayPal account linked to my Thai bank account. I then send the goods from London to Bristol.

If i transfer money from my PayPal to my Thai bank will I have to pay any tax/vat?

yes, i do it with Bangkok bank. They will charge on each transaction. so whatever tax or fee they need, they would charge from you automatically. It's not that big money.

Bangkok bank has a god tie with Paypal, but you have to go their head office in silom for any assistance.....branch office staff has never heard of paypal......

in thailand, lots of ebay account holder from the jewelry company ... bkk bank supports them...

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the reply.

If I can ask, do I need to go the bank in order to set up my PayPal account with them? I was under the impression I could do this all from the PayPal site.

And how do they take the fee/tax? Once you make the transfer to your bank account, do they deduct what ever they want before the funds are available in your account?

Thank you again for any help/info you can give.

• 1 year later...

yes, i do it with Bangkok bank. They will charge on each transaction. so whatever tax or fee they need, they would charge from you automatically. It's not that big money.

Bangkok bank has a god tie with Paypal, but you have to go their head office in silom for any assistance.....branch office staff has never heard of paypal......

in thailand, lots of ebay account holder from the jewelry company ... bkk bank supports them...

I assume it's the same with Kasikorn and paypal?