Is It Safe To Stay At Pratunam And Khaosan?

lilostich08

Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me what is the latest situation in Pratunam area and Khaosan area? I will visit to Bangkok on 2 June 10. I will stay at S2S Boutique Moeleng Hotel at Pratunam area and Lamphu house near Khaosan Road.

Hope someone here can provide some advice, whether the two places is safe to stay?

I wouldn't walk down my local high street in UK after 6:30 so the only time I've ever been worried was when I was in India. It was the beggars there, we all knew that I was the only one there with money and they all wanted it.

Currently safe but no one has crystal ball for future. Red shirts have said they will demonstrate again in June but what that means for Bangkok no one knows.

Most sensible post on the thread! Cheers

How you going to organize that,

Stay at Pratunam till 01:00 check out the hotel go to Khaosan check inn, next day have breakfast at Khaosan check out and go to Pratunam.

Busy week for you, enjoy :)

I will stay in S2S Boutique from 02 June 10 until 04 June 10 and stay in Lamphu house from 04 June 10 until 07 June 10.

Thanks for all the members except "chantorn", cheers.. :)

I have waiting for this trip since long time ago, hope Bangkok will return to peace very soon..

mauGR1, may I know when you will stay in Bangkok and which area to stay?

Hi lilo, usually i stay in Samsen Rd. not too far from Khao san Rd. ,i like to have a stroll in the small quiet sois, but i just read about big traffic jams in town.

As i am arriving in Ekkamai at 'rush-hour ' time on Friday,which is the worst day for traffic jams, i have to consider changing my plan, maybe i'll stay in Sukhumvit area, which is quite hectic for me, but has the advantage to be close to the airport.

Anyway, i think it's quite safe in general, i just hate to be stuck in a taxi for long time...

Cheers

I have waiting for this trip since long time ago, hope Bangkok will return to peace very soon..

Hi lilo, usually i stay in Samsen Rd. not too far from Khao san Rd. ,i like to have a stroll in the small quiet sois, but i just read about big traffic jams in town.

As i am arriving in Ekkamai at 'rush-hour ' time on Friday,which is the worst day for traffic jams, i have to consider changing my plan, maybe i'll stay in Sukhumvit area, which is quite hectic for me, but has the advantage to be close to the airport.

Anyway, i think it's quite safe in general, i just hate to be stuck in a taxi for long time...

Cheers

Can also utilize canal boat on Klong sa Saeb, depending on how much luggage. Runs from at least Ramkhanhaeng to Phan Fa (near democracy Moument, and then Khaosan Rd.) Change boats at Pratunam. Bon voyage!

Cheers

Can also utilize canal boat on Klong sa Saeb, depending on how much luggage. Runs from at least Ramkhanhaeng to Phan Fa (near democracy Moument, and then Khaosan Rd.) Change boats at Pratunam. Bon voyage!

Uhm, thanks Purushanti for interesting tip, but i find rivers and boats a bit too wet in the rainy season !

My huge trolley cannot swim very well i guess.( and i have a flight the day after)

Btw do taxi boats in BKK travel after sunset ?I think Chao Praya boats don't.

Om Shanti Om