Tennis Club In Bangkok

Hi there!

I'm new in Bangkok, and looking for a nice tennis club since I love to play tennis. I already went through this forum, but the only post I found about tennis clubs was quite outdated.

Any help?

Thanks!

Hi, and welcome to Bangkok. I'm sure you ll love it out here!

I'm a tennis fan, just like yourself. I m a member at Le Smash Club (by car 5min from the Asoke BTS without traffic), and to be honnest I m very happy about it! A friend of mine advised me to go there and have a look, and I was sold immediately. Yes, they do have nice dressing rooms and a spa and a restaurant, but I don't really care about that. I mean, it s nice to have lovely dressing rooms etc, but I just want to be able to play tennis on a decent court!! And I must say, the court surface is great. Apparently it s the same surface as the US Open courts, so no complaining there :)

Anyway, off course there are many other tennis clubs in Bangkok. But comparing to what other people tell me and to what I have seen (and felt in my wallet), le Smash Club is very good. I paid 9500Baht for the yearly membership, and now paying 100 Baht per hour. I think that s a very fair price, and to my knowledge there is no other club that offers the same price/quality in Bangkok!

Hope this helps you out a bit!

cheers

Hi, What general area of the city are you staying? There are some decent clubs in the city of course but there are many, many public access facilities in good condition where you can book a court without having membership obligations... and good players everywhere. Let me know and I can send you names and email addresses of players at your skill level. mef505 at gmail. Regards, Frank M

I don't really know a lot about other tennis courts in Banquoque, but I played a couple of times in the smash clube, and it's good there. So I agree with "stevensdling".

I only also played two times at British Club. It is ok, but very very expensive

Thiago

Thank you for your advice guys! I ll probably go pay le smash club a visit. I live close to the Asoke BTS, so they re not too far and apparently they should be worth it!

Looking forward to playing some tennis!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I will be relocating to BKK in Sept. I should be staying in the vicinty of Sukhmvit Soi 63-65.

Thus, I'm looking for a tennis group/club for some healthy competition.

I'm from Singapore and would rate myself 3.5-4.0.

Hope to hear from keen individuals soon.

Wen

Hi all

I will be relocating to BKK in Sept. I should be staying in the vicinty of Sukhmvit Soi 63-65.

Thus, I'm looking for a tennis group/club for some healthy competition.

I'm from Singapore and would rate myself 3.5-4.0.

Hope to hear from keen individuals soon.

Wen

PS : I can be contacted at << Use PM >>

Edited by thaiphoon
E-mail address removed per forum rules

bangkok nation club i recommended you. it is best and have lots of facilities and good equipment.

i also visit this club . i like it.

Hi

Thanks for your note. Do you mean the courts at the National Stadium?

What about a club or group that organises regular matches, both internal and external?

Thanks in advance.

Wen

bangkok nation club i recommended you. it is best and have lots of facilities and good equipment.

i also visit this club . i like it.

Hi

Thanks for your note. Do you mean the courts at the National Stadium?

What about a club or group that organises regular matches, both internal and external?

Thanks in advance.

Wen

Since I ve just been there:), I know the Smash CLub organize quite some tournaments, internal and external. But I don t know about the other clubs. Maybe you could ask one on their facebook site to be sure...