Uk Citizenship Current Waiting Times

The Home Office normally stuff the application the application for Naturalisation away for 18 Months just in case the relationship changes, then take it out and if everything is the same, proceed with the application which can take another 18 Months, including taking the oath of alligence. After that an application for a UK Passport can be made and this can be done quite quickly - within weeks normally provided the application is made within the UK. The right to remain in the United Kingdom is a seperate issue and can achieved wihin a few Months, if not weeks, following the production of a Marriage Certificate. Normally the UK Home Office will need the Applicants Passport to endorse with the Right to Remain.

This cumbersome process is largely to protect those Farangs who need protection from themselves and all too often Thai ladder climbers.

Following UK Naturalisation the Briton has up to 2 years protection of his assets and within this period can ask the Home Office to return the Spouse to Her own Country.

I don't see anything (except the speed of a passport application) that bears much relationship to reality in the above post.

From Waiting times

we anticipate that applications made since January 2009 may take up to six months to complete. However, this is only an average waiting time - some applications may be dealt with more quickly and some may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out.Our service standards set out how quickly we aim to decide applications for British citizenship. The standard is that we will decide 95% of applications within six months.

The above post's last sentence in particular is, to be blunt, rubbish.

Once someone has ILR they can only be removed from the UK if it can be proven that the ILR was obtained by deception or they are convicted of a serious criminal offence. (Unless they spend a continuous period of 2 years or more outside the UK, in which case it will lapse.)

Once someone has been naturalised as British this can only be removed if it can be proven that it was obtained by deception or that person is convicted of an extremely serious criminal offence; terrorism for example.

Thank you 7by7 for a sane and accurate reply. The first reply was worse than unhelpful.

Most of the men I know married that are married to Thai's are in long-term relationships like any other couples. None of them need protection from themselves! The only time I need protection is when I accidentally drive the lawnmower over some of my wifes plants. Then I dive for cover!