Looking To Rent House In Amphur Thalang

simon43

My partner attends university in Phuket, so we are making the move from Krabi back to Phuket in a few weeks, and need to rent a detached house for at least 6 months, starting from about 8th June.

Perhaps someone on this forum has something to offer?

- The house can be unfurnished, part or fully furnished, with or without air-cons (I have several new air-con units to install if required).

- ADSL line or located within a landline/ADSL area is definitely required

- I prefer a house standing alone, even 'remote'. I am a radio amateur and need a location where it's OK to put up a (small) antenna

- 2 bedrooms, Thai kitchen is fine

Any location in north Phuket will be considered, except within a few hundred meters of the airport :)

I'll pay up to 20,000 baht/month, depending on the location/facilities etc

Thanks for any suggestions

Simon

Thanks Hdrider - I have already checked on that website which has many houses for rent. Alas!, almost all seem to be in 'moobahns', where the garden is just a few square meters in size (if you are lucky), and where the neighboring house (and noisy dogs) are about 0.00001 meters away :)

I have already visited several houses from that website. There is one possibility in Cherng Talay, but I'm posting here in case someone has a nice little detached house available.

Simon

hdrider is correct if you want to go through a agent Wellta is as good as any.

As a long term resident here you would know there is no lack of rental property's anywhere

on the island, you only live at present in Krabi just drive down and have a look around you

will get a much better rental price if you rent direct from the owner and there are for rent/sale

signs everywhere.

Thanks Peter - we have been driving over to Phuket every week for the past 4 weeks. Yes, there are many house for rent, but the vast majority do not meet our needs of a small, detached house with a garden and not in a moobahn development.

Simon

Have a look in Pleunjan 2 which is on the right exactly 5km east of The Heroines Monument. (1 km past the Yamu turn).

There are some semi and detached houses for rent in there. Nice and quiet. Some nice people.

I have a house for sale in there - not for rent, sorry.

Lowprofile, thanks for the tip, but that's exactly the wrong sort of location! I'm looking for a house that stands alone, ie with no near neighbours. This is not only because of the 'eyesore' antenna that I will be erecting, but because both me and my partner feel that this minimizes any potential issues, such as noisy dogs, noisy neighbours etc. I have zero interest in living near to other 'farangs'. Yes, I'm a miserable loner :)

Our rented house near Krabi is at least 100 meters away from the next house, and it's in a small Muslim community (without a mosque). So no call to prayer and no soi dogs!

Simon