Hua Hin Finder?

dotx

I'm renting a house for a month in Hua Hin and I'm doing it from abroad, so I need to transfer money to the real estate's bank account. The company is Hua Hin Finder. I just received the company's bank details to make the transfer and the person in charge gave me a private bank account (owner is a foreigner) instead of a business account. When I asked why, she said that it's because transfering to a business account is taxed and this way they're saving money. This bothers me somewhat. I don't care if they pay taxes or not, but I'm worried about my money if I send it to a private account rather than an official business one.

Has anybody dealt with Hua Hin Finder before? Does the money transfer issue sound ok?

I am living here since a while but I not aware of a company Hua Hin Finder. Do they have a website? Regarding accounts: often it is easier to use private accounts than company accounts, this would not worry me. Here the banking is sometimes a bit complicated.

No, I didn't sign or paid anything.

And thank you for the helpful response.

there are enough vacancies in hh that you can arrive, get a hotel for a day or 3 and find what you are looking for, imo that would be the best way.

The problem is that I have two dogs and I really don't want to deal with the stress of staying at a hotel with them while I look for a place. Also, there's no way I can leave them alone in the room while I go out. So I figured the best option would be to rent a place for a month and then look for something more permanent during that month. I understand that's not the best way to do it, but I can't think of many other options with animals in tow. I'm having a hard time as it is finding a place that will allow pets, so renting a house in advance will save me a lot of stress on arrival.

Edited by dotx

I may be a bit biased, as I know the owner of Hua Hin Finder personally.

The reason that many companies use personal bank account like this, is because they are just being an intermediary.

If you transfer money to their company bank account, then that will be seen by the revenue department (anywhere actually!) as revenue going to the company. It sound like this is not revenue going to the company however, but they will be passing it on to the owner of a house.

Of all the rentals in Hua hin , are there detached houses with closed garage <18.000 /month?

According to agencies nothing.

It is not so easy to find what your looking for, wheather it is a place where you can have pet's,

or a closable garage.

Been in contact with Hua Hin finder too. Seem friendly and ligit.

I may be a bit biased, as I know the owner of Hua Hin Finder personally.

The reason that many companies use personal bank account like this, is because they are just being an intermediary.

If you transfer money to their company bank account, then that will be seen by the revenue department (anywhere actually!) as revenue going to the company. It sound like this is not revenue going to the company however, but they will be passing it on to the owner of a house.

Money in to company account no probs if you pay the owner from the company account and have your receipts/books in order.

Personal accounts are used for only one purpose, tax evasion.

Personal accounts are used for only one purpose, tax evasion.

Not necessarily. What moonfruit says makes sense. The money you are sending is for the landlord, who in turn pays a smaller percentage to the agency. If the entire amount is transferred to the agency, then the agency may be responsible for paying tax on the entire transferred amount, instead of the smaller part which is actually theirs.

The landlord would be responsible for the taxes on the bigger part, which is his income, not the agency's.

Hua Hin Finder is reputable enough. I used their Bangkok office, Bangkok Finder to rent the place where I live now. The women there were friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to help me get telephone, internet, etc set up. I recommend them highly.

It is not so easy to find what your looking for, wheather it is a place where you can have pet's, or a closable garage.

Closeable garages are difficult to find in Thailand. I had one all my life in America so I was amazed that no one builds like that here but was told by the wife that the reasons are the heat, varmints that would live in the dark recesses, and that Thais that own cars want to put them on display for status...

Closeable garages are difficult to find in Thailand. I had one all my life in America so I was amazed that no one builds like that here but was told by the wife that the reasons are the heat, varmints that would live in the dark recesses, and that Thais that own cars want to put them on display for status...

Of course , putting a hot car in a closed garage is not good, but you can wait untill it cooled off.

When I went out of the country , I parked outside only under a cover, and now I 've got ants

inside. In a closed garage there are no snakes, little lizards, birds . Insects are easier to controle.

Many thais park their car on the groundfloor of their townhouse/shop, so that's like a garage.

What moonfruit says makes sense. The money you are sending is for the landlord, who in turn pays a smaller percentage to the agency. If the entire amount is transferred to the agency, then the agency may be responsible for paying tax on the entire transferred amount, instead of the smaller part which is actually theirs. The landlord would be responsible for the taxes on the bigger part, which is his income, not the agency's.

Is tax in Thailand paid on income regardless of expenses? In most countries you're taxed on profits, so in the case of the OP, if the money was paid out of the same account it went into, then there would be no problem as both cash in and out would be recognised. Strictly speaking, money banked could represent many things other than income for a period, but of course this is Thailand, so nothing is as simple as it should be.

Edited by TCA

Of all the rentals in Hua hin , are there detached houses with closed garage <18.000 /month?

According to agencies nothing.

It is not so easy to find what your looking for, wheather it is a place where you can have pet's,

or a closable garage.

Been in contact with Hua Hin finder too. Seem friendly and ligit.

We contacted several agencies and none of the detached houses we saw had a garage. Maybe you'll have better luck walking around, but pet-friendly houses are not that abundant. At least not for a low price.

We contacted several agencies and none of the detached houses we saw had a garage. Maybe you'll have better luck walking around, but pet-friendly houses are not that abundant. At least not for a low price.

Thanks for that.

True , a lot of ad's I mail to, come back with the demand for no indoor pets.

I like cats , and indoor!

I can understand it a bit.

They damage furniture and leave hairs behind, and then you don't get your depossit back.

It's hard to find a good place.

In Europe we have newspaper ad's in abundance and a lot more on internet sites than here.

In Thailand you have to know people and speak with the locals to find something.

If only they understand what I am saying ....and is is not the language barriere!