Thai Comes Out Top For Economy-class Cuisine

george

THAI comes out top for economy-class cuisine

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's national flag carrier is among the world's top airlines for its economy-class food and its cabin crew, according to a survey of over 12 million airline passengers.

The survey of 12,334,283 passengers of 94 nationalities, conducted from June 2004 to May this year by the Skytrax website, saw Thai Airways International (THAI) emerge among the top ten.

Not only did the airline win second place for its economy-class food and its cabin crew, it was also accorded seventh place for its first-class lounges and ninth place for its first-class food.

The biggest passenger satisfaction survey of its kind in the world, the Skytrax report this year saw a surge in interest among respondents, up from 1.5 million respondents last year.

--TNA 2005-06-17

Agreed

Anyone got the list.

Having flown BA world traveller plus last night i wouldnt reccomend the food to anyone

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's national flag carrier is among the world's top airlines for its economy-class food and its cabin crew, according to a survey of over 12 million airline passengers.

The survey of 12,334,283 passengers of 94 nationalities, conducted from June 2004 to May this year by the Skytrax website, saw Thai Airways International (THAI) emerge among the top ten.

Not only did the airline win second place for its economy-class food and its cabin crew, it was also accorded seventh place for its first-class lounges and ninth place for its first-class food.

The biggest passenger satisfaction survey of its kind in the world, the Skytrax report this year saw a surge in interest among respondents, up from 1.5 million respondents last year.

--TNA 2005-06-17

Well they have to make up for the shoddy aircraft somehow. Old aircraft with no amenities. Crew in my opinion are ok - better than average. Food is also ok - better than average. But I certainly would not rate them top. Top 5 ok. Just my opinion. Personally I would rather travel BA only because of seats and amenities. I can always bring my own drink and sandwich on board (which I do when I travel BA!)

Agreed

Anyone got the list.

Having flown BA world traveller plus last night i wouldnt reccomend the food to anyone

--TNA 2005-06-17

The list is here http://www.airlinequality.com/2005/staff-05.htm

Well they have to make up for the shoddy aircraft somehow.  Old aircraft with no amenities.  Crew in my opinion are ok - better than average.  Food is also ok - better than average.  But I certainly would not rate them top.  Top 5 ok.  Just my opinion.  Personally I would rather travel BA only because of seats and amenities.  I can always bring my own drink and sandwich on board (which I do when I travel BA!)

I certainly need more than a sandwich and drink for a 12 hour flight. I much prefer the food on Thai to any other carrier that I've been on and they keep the drinks coming all through the flight, again not something I experienced with other carriers.

The seats in economy class are more comfortable than BA. Granted, entertainment could do with an update but then I tend to sleep for most of the flight anyway.

Sleep in Economy

Jeez what do you take?every flight screaming babies ,leadfooted idiots walking up and down the aisles to try and avoid what ever that flying thing is.

My first time in economy albeit WTPLUS On Ba for some years....never again.

Its biz or nothing.

Well they have to make up for the shoddy aircraft somehow.  Old aircraft with no amenities.  Crew in my opinion are ok - better than average.  Food is also ok - better than average.  But I certainly would not rate them top.  Top 5 ok.  Just my opinion.  Personally I would rather travel BA only because of seats and amenities.  I can always bring my own drink and sandwich on board (which I do when I travel BA!)

I certainly need more than a sandwich and drink for a 12 hour flight. I much prefer the food on Thai to any other carrier that I've been on and they keep the drinks coming all through the flight, again not something I experienced with other carriers.

The seats in economy class are more comfortable than BA. Granted, entertainment could do with an update but then I tend to sleep for most of the flight anyway.

I have been going on thai only for the last 9 years so forget what other carriers food is like, but it must be pretty bad if thai is so highly thought of. I think it's terrible and usually just eat the bread rolls and the yoghurt-peter

Sleep in  Economy

Jeez what do you take?every flight screaming babies ,leadfooted idiots walking up and down the aisles to try and avoid what ever that flying thing is.

My first time in economy albeit WTPLUS On Ba for some years....never again.

Its biz or nothing.

I flew BA long-haul economy ONCE - and vowed never to fly them again.

The rows are too close together on BA - so if you're over 6 foot you have to know yoga to get your legs comfortable.

Thai's food in economy is infinitely better than BAs, (except the breakfasts - Thai's breakfasts are pretty bad). I'll admit their in-seat entertainment is non-existent, but they make up for that by having enough distance between the rows that you can actually get comfortable. (which explains how you can get some sleep).

BA's in seat entertainment is miles better, but it needed the movie assortment to try and take my mind off how uncomfortable it was in the chair.

i.e. Fly Thai - when you land - you're tired and go off to bed, and wake up feeling fine. - BA you're tired, go off to bed, and when you wake up, your back and legs still hurt.

I will admit - if I was under 6 foot, I'd have been perfectly happy on BA (apart from the rubber chicken). - but I'm not, so I wasn't.

Edited by bkk_mike

Tried them all,and now travel Thai for preference.

BA/Quantas not too bad.

Eva ok, but food crap.

Thai more comfortable and generally better food.Though have to say on the last trip got second choice of food offerings both times and second meal was the worse air food I've ever had!

Agree 100%.

Thai are still using the same planes they bought in the 80's.

Their in flight entertainment is horrendous.

Their food might be better than other airlines but that says very little.

I take my own food on flights in any case.

I thought Gulf Air was the pits til i took Thai a couple of times!