Residence Visa Information

hello to everyone.

i would like a little guidence if possible from people who have been through the residence visa process.

my wife and i have been together for 8 years and have been married around 15 months; she has already been to the uk for 6 months on a visitor visa and returned back to thailand this january; we had no problem getting the 6 month visa so now we would like to apply for a residence visa.

we have masses of photos going back years, and many photos of her with all my family in the uk, together with letters she still recieves from my mum/aunts ect + all the other evidence, me with her family ect ect.

i will also take over my family business in september, so in the application i would like to offer her a job in the business so she can be seen as paying tax and being a part of the system in the uk; is it legal for her to work on this kind of visa?

im not going to use an agent and the form itself looks ok, but i read that she has to get some kind of medical with paperwork to prove her health; can this medical be done in a provincal hospital or is there a designated hospital in bangkok to use?

also, does anyone know process times at present?

any help on this would be great fella's.

kind regards.

steve

i will also take over my family business in september, so in the application i would like to offer her a job in the business so she can be seen as paying tax and being a part of the system in the uk; is it legal for her to work on this kind of visa?

Yes, it is legal for her to work having entered the UK with a spouse visa. However, it is not necessary if you have the funds/income to support you both yourself. See Maintenance and accommodation.

i read that she has to get some kind of medical with paperwork to prove her health; can this medical be done in a provincal hospital or is there a designated hospital in bangkok to use?

She has to obtain the certificate via the IoM in Bangkok; see Tuberculosis testing for applicants visiting the UK for longer than 6 months.

It's difficult to comment on processing times at present due to the large backlog that built up while the embassy and VAC were closed during the troubles. See Guide to Processing Times for the normal advice.