Non Immigrant O Visa

Hi All.

Myself and the better have a 1 year Non Immigrant "0" Visa, issued in Hull last 2 months ago, and now we have to think about doing the old visa run. We are living on the outskirts Chiang Mai. I am sure i read on a Thai visa site last year that the rules were going to change, and sure the article said: Non Immigrant "O" Visa holders can go to the Immigration office in Chiang Mai now for a stamp, and dont have to leave the Kingdom. And also sure this was said by a police inspector or higher to a meeting of ex pats. But of course can't find the article now. Typical aint it.

Does anyone know about this.

Regards SP.

Totally false information. There has not been any such change. Before your current permitted to stay expires you will have to exit Thailand, enter another country, and return to obtain a new 90 day permitted to stay stamp.

I also have a Non O so a quick reply would really be appreciated as I have a run in 6 day

thanks

Ok thanks but what was the scene in paying £100 for a visa if you have to leave every 90 days would it not make more scene to have you go to your local immigration office

TIT

The visa allows you to come and go as you please for one year and always receive a 90 day permitted to stay stamp. It is not intended for staying in Thailand.

If you want to just stay in Thailand you would have to have a valid reason for extension of stay from Immigration. They are clearly listed in police order 777/2551 if you what to check (useful information pinned at top or a Google search will find). Extension of stay only costs 1,900 baht for up to one year.