Buying From Apple Website ~ Thailand

JimmyTheMook

I bought an imac a couple of months ago. It was shipped from China. DHL delivered it. No duty. If you want custom features on a machine, this is the best way to go.

I bought an imac a couple of months ago. It was shipped from China. DHL delivered it. No duty. If you want custom features on a machine, this is the best way to go.

How long from ordering and delivery ?

Shops in Pattaya never have machines in stock - they claim 2 weeks after full payment.

How long from ordering and delivery ?

Shops in Pattaya never have machines in stock - they claim 2 weeks after full payment.

If it's a custom machine, you have to wait for the factory in China to crank it out. Shipping was quick. They give you a web link to track the order/ship status.

I am assuming that if you order a machine online and it has a problem you can just take it into any authorised Apple reseller and they will fix it under the warranty?

Yes Apple warranty is worldwide any service centre worldwide will repair it under warranty. That is another plus about Apple Computers over some of the other cheaper brands.

I am assuming that if you order a machine online and it has a problem you can just take it into any authorised Apple reseller and they will fix it under the warranty?

Yes Apple warranty is worldwide any service centre worldwide will repair it under warranty. That is another plus about Apple Computers over some of the other cheaper brands.

The language reads kind of cleverly, so I'm unsure, but my single experience with Apple support on an iPod (with a three year AppleCare warranty) was excellent - except that the iPod and the warranty were registered in the US and they said it had to be serviced there. Then they said they wouldn't ship the standard RMA box internationally, so I had to have the box mailed to me, stick the iPod in it, mail it back inside another box, have it mailed to Apple and wait for the response.

I don't know the applied differences between AppleCare for Macs and iPods and this may have been changed since then - or it may be different when you buy in Thailand. I'm a new Mac owner and they told me that I could take it anywhere in the world, but I just haven't tried yet. Still, I'd want to have someone I know tell me that they bought one in one country and got it serviced in another without any trouble before I believed it, heh.

Never buy anything in Thailand that costs more than 300 baht, and I mean anything.

em. Why?

Cause you're a moving target there. Also, see the other comment about servicing a 'puter in LOS.

Edit: Apple is a great company.

Edited by Shotime

Please pardon the imprecise details.

My ipod touch screen went blank last September and Applecare support determined it was a hardware problem and that the touch should be replaced. I took it to the Siam Center in BKK on the fourth floor I believe and was treated with the same high level of customer service I've become accustomed to in the USA. They took my touch and shipped it to Singapore and told me they would call me when a new replacement was returned. It took about from 3 to 5 days. I'm not exactly sure. This happened in September 2009.

Then my audio went out on my refurbished Macbook Air. Back to BKK again for me to the same Siam Center. This was around Xmas and I highly doubted they would be correct in telling me the repair would only take about a week. To my pleasant surprise, they called me in 5 days and said the laptop was back with the proper repair. The only thing that was funny is I had to pay for two kinds of tiny ( and I do mean TINY) screws) that came in a package of 5. They gave me the unused screws from each package as they only needed one of each type. I think the cast to me was around bt300.

I was completely satisfied with the service from this Apple outlet. I only hope some day Apple will see its way to opening a full fledged Apple store in LOS

I went into a small iStudio store asking about customised options for a 15 inch macbook Pro and they recommended that I use the online store. They said that it would be much faster. They also said that if there is a problem with it and it is still under warranty then any authorised Apple reseller will repair it.