Entered Thailand Illegally Need To Become Legal Now !

Dear All:

As I'm laughing at my own hilarious situation I just wonder how long can I go along with this mess that I'm living with right now in Thailand, so here we go let's add another story to the glorious history of overstayed people in Thailand:

I'm Iranian and around 30, about two years ago I enetered Thailand on tourist visa and departed the country to Laos after one week, there lots of stuffs happened and I had to return to Thailand by crossing the Thai northern borders illegally and this time obviously there was no entry stamp on my passport,

After living constantly in fear of being arrested for months, I found that it's not that much dangerous to be illegal here if you keep yourself away from illegal activities, but recently my rational mind commands me to clear my illegal status.

So here i am with an expired passport, who has an exit stamp in it ! so officially I must not exist in the country in the eyes of immigration department :D ( but I am in anyway :) and a tendency to be legal.

I know that if i pay the 20,000 fine and having the return ticket in my hand I can clear this off and RETURN to home country, but the question is : Is there any other alternatives that let me be legal here with a visa but not return to home country ? Maybe a student visa or a trick or something?

Thanks for responses in advance,

I think,

first you have to leave and than you can try to come back in a legal way and with a Visa if you like to stay long, possible also with an Education Visa.

But without leaving and trying to come back in a legal way it will not be possible.

I think,

first you have to leave and than you can try to come back in a legal way and with a Visa if you like to stay long, possible also with an Education Visa.

But without leaving and trying to come back in a legal way it will not be possible.

Op also states passport expired,so think he is in deep poo.

You're not an overstayed alien, you're an illegal alien. You cannot clear yourself by paying an overstay fine as you came in illegally.

My best guess is you'll be arrested and charged and after serving a sentence you'll be deported and probably black listed.

You really should seek legal advice as this is a serious matter.

Yes you are an illegal alien and you need to plan the whole thing very carefully!

Here is my 3 times proven system to get you back to being legal.

1: Get a new Iranian passport

2: Buy a new confirmed ticket back to Iran

3: Have enough money to pay court fines (10,000 baht)

4: Present yourself to immigration detention at Suan Plu

5: Get arrested and spend the night in jail

6: Go to court

7: Get fined by court about 3-5,000 baht

8: Use ticket to leave country as quickly as you can. Usually 2-3 days after court decision

Illegal entry is not a huge problem. Just have the money in hand to pay the court fine and have a ticket ready to fly out.

I have done this several times and you can come back shortly after without any real problems.  It is not nice being in immigration detention but it is also not too bad.

PM me if you want some more advice.

BB

Edited by Badbanker

First thing you must do is go to your embassy and tell them the truth. Ask for a new passport, or papers that allow you to travel to Iran.

Go to the airport with a flight booked. When you get to immigration act dumb. They won't find you on the system, you won't have a TM card from arriving in the country. If you are lucky they may think someone at a border has made a mistake and failed to put you into the computer system. They won't want to admit a colleague has made a mistake. Be prepared to be fined.

Don't do it again.

First thing you must do is go to your embassy and tell them the truth. Ask for a new passport, or papers that allow you to travel to Iran.

Go to the airport with a flight booked. When you get to immigration act dumb. They won't find you on the system, you won't have a TM card from arriving in the country. If you are lucky they may think someone at a border has made a mistake and failed to put you into the computer system. They won't want to admit a colleague has made a mistake. Be prepared to be fined.

Don't do it again.

I cannot see a way around this, if he shows them the old passport then they will see a exit stamp and a stamp into Laos, the OP hasnt said whether he exited out of Laos correctly but if he shows them the old passport they will see then error and if he doesnt show them the old passport and he goes with it was stolen then they will ask why he hasnt been to immigration to get a new stamp..

I thought i got myself in visa pickles sometimes..

Good luck to the OP

You're not an overstayed alien, you're an illegal alien. You cannot clear yourself by paying an overstay fine as you came in illegally.

My best guess is you'll be arrested and charged and after serving a sentence you'll be deported and probably black listed.

You really should seek legal advice as this is a serious matter.

With great respect to your saying I must express my disagreement here:

For any logical mind which is familiar with mathematics, the study of governments' responses to situations is easy:

No government will prefer to sentence an illegal allien to prison ( so it has to provide food and accommodation in prison plus additional burden on jailers ) over accept a fine and let them go freely, unless they find suspicious behaviour and then have to keep the law-breaker for longer terms to clarify their identity, activities and other issues ...

Thai immigration system should be the same and I guess maybe even more tolerant than other governments.

Yes you are an illegal alien and you need to plan the whole thing very carefully!

Here is my 3 times proven system to get you back to being legal.

1: Get a new Iranian passport

2: Buy a new confirmed ticket back to Iran

3: Have enough money to pay court fines (10,000 baht)

4: Present yourself to immigration detention at Suan Plu

5: Get arrested and spend the night in jail

6: Go to court

7: Get fined by court about 3-5,000 baht

8: Use ticket to leave country as quickly as you can. Usually 2-3 days after court decision

Illegal entry is not a huge problem. Just have the money in hand to pay the court fine and have a ticket ready to fly out.

I have done this several times and you can come back shortly after without any real problems. It is not nice being in immigration detention but it is also not too bad.

PM me if you want some more advice.

BB

Thanks for the response, every step sound's prefect to me except step 8 needs a bit more clarification :

Is 'fly out' only restricted to my original country ? or e.g. can I fly out to Malaysia and then return legal ?

That would depend on your visa requirements for the other country you will go to.

returning to Thailand will be difficult. Believe Iranians must apply for a visa in their own country or country of residence.

Edit:

You will at least go through a more extensive check:

http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/doc/info/v...requirement.pdf and having entered the country illegally won't work in your favour.

But believe you will also have to go back to Iran to apply.

and a tendency to be legal.

i can tell

ps what would they do a person in your situation in tehran ?

The Mullahs would hand you a 20 year jail sentence for spying is my guess.

That is something that I'm not really sure of, I did some investigations and here is what probably will take place when I return to Tehran :

1) The Thai officer who will assist me to board the plane will hand over my passport and case profile to the airplane crew ( Iranians' officials )

2) As long as I arrive in Tehran's airport they will send me to an interrogation room and I will be there for not more than few hours and have to answer some basic questions about my illegal status in Thailand.

3) Being satisfied or not will not matter at this time, they will let me go but won't give me my passport to prevent me of fleeing the country.

4) They will set another date for me to contact foreign ministry (one can compare these ministry with ministry of Love in 1984 book of Gorge Orwell ) to response my interrogators' questions and obtain my passport again.

5) At this point if they see no oddity they will hand me my passport and a green light.

6) BUT ( remember there is always a but in everything ! ) if my answers did not satisfy them then they might send me to room 101 until I cry out loudly "I love BigBrother" .

Could I ask why you made an illegal crossing from Laos, did you reason that overstaying your visa was a less serious offense in Thailand than it was in Laos by any chance?

I do remember once witnessing someone turn up at the Mae Sae border crossing at the Thai side without an exit stamp for Myannmar, they sent him straight back to the Myannmar side who for all I know might have bounced him back in turn to the Thais.

Getting a new passport is priority no.1, without it you are likely to end up in an immigration jail until your embassy completes the administrative process of issuing a new one and they may not be disposed to hurry, but if you turn up of your own volition you can at least get the ball rolling.

Good luck, I think you will need it.

Don't do it again.

I cannot see a way around this, if he shows them the old passport then they will see a exit stamp and a stamp into Laos, the OP hasnt said whether he exited out of Laos correctly but if he shows them the old passport they will see then error and if he doesnt show them the old passport and he goes with it was stolen then they will ask why he hasnt been to immigration to get a new stamp..

I thought i got myself in visa pickles sometimes..

Good luck to the OP

I agree to the second response.

As my old passport is expired and I also had some fake Thai entry & exit stamps in it I can't show them to any Thai immigration, also going according to your plan with a new passport and playing dumb won't work, because I know at least one case that a Belgian guy entered Thailand from Laos by land and REALLY accidentally he forgot to get entry stamp into his passport and he went into deep troubles in Suvarnabhumi airport ended up in IDC for two weeks.

Can I probe you a little bit more that on what basis your claim is on ? It's the matter of jail or freedom for me ! I can't risk bro !

Could I ask why you made an illegal crossing from Laos, did you reason that overstaying your visa was a less serious offense in Thailand than it was in Laos by any chance?

I do remember once witnessing someone turn up at the Mae Sae border crossing at the Thai side without an exit stamp for Myannmar, they sent him straight back to the Myannmar side who for all I know might have bounced him back in turn to the Thais.

Getting a new passport is priority no.1, without it you are likely to end up in an immigration jail until your embassy completes the administrative process of issuing a new one and they may not be disposed to hurry, but if you turn up of your own volition you can at least get the ball rolling.

In the era of information explosion you are free to ask anything that upgrades the knowledge of masses, actually one of the reasons to open this topic is not just help myself alone but dozens of of others who are in the same boat with me.

I didn't come to Thailand by my own will, I was in Laos immigration jail under the charge of traveling by fake passport, Some Sri Lankan guys and I bribed the Lao officers and then they let us walk out of the jail but not wandering in Laos country, they found a boat to help us cross the river to get rid of us.

So we crossed the river and came to Thailand without facing the Thai immigration, just wondering weren't we lucky that nobody shot us in the head while we were walking among the trees or sailing at dark ? :)

In the era of information explosion you are free to ask anything that upgrades the knowledge of masses, actually one of the reasons to open this topic is not just help myself alone but dozens of of others who are in the same boat with me.

I didn't come to Thailand by my own will, I was in Laos immigration jail under the charge of traveling by fake passport, Some Sri Lankan guys and I bribed the Lao officers and then they let us walk out of the jail but not wandering in Laos country, they found a boat to help us cross the river to get rid of us.

So we crossed the river and came to Thailand without facing the Thai immigration, just wondering weren't we lucky that nobody shot us in the head while we were walking among the trees or sailing at dark ? :)

Laos chaged you with having a fake passport. Is it fake? If so, how will you prove your identity to the Iranian Embassy / Thai authorities in Bangkok? Not being able to prove identity will land you in a whole load of trouble.

Strange story ..

That would depend on your visa requirements for the other country you will go to.

returning to Thailand will be difficult. Believe Iranians must apply for a visa in their own country or country of residence.

Edit:

You will at least go through a more extensive check:

http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/doc/info/v...requirement.pdf and having entered the country illegally won't work in your favour.

But believe you will also have to go back to Iran to apply.

That's good news !

I know that Iranians will receive three month tourist visa upon their arrival to Malaysia (visa-free), do you mean that if I have the fine in my pocket and a ticket to Kuala lumpur then I can depart Thailand hassle free ?

I really don't care of living in Thailand or Malaysia just it's fine not being deported to Iran.

Laos chaged you with having a fake passport. Is it fake? If so, how will you prove your identity to the Iranian Embassy / Thai authorities in Bangkok? Not being able to prove identity will land you in a whole load of trouble.

Strange story ..

My Iranian identity is not fake, I was in Laos with an European passport and it was fake.

two more posts deleted; iranian immigration isnt the topic here although it may be the topic for the OP later on...

and discussing illegal methods to get out of illegal methods cant be done on the forum so u all might want to take this to PM'ing eachother at some point.

and good luck to karush, he needs it.

bina

I must say the OP is a prat, no passport, no nothing. Why is he asking this forum for a way out.

Looks like the OP knew what he was doing so get on with it. :)

I've often wondered if people actually 'think' before they do things. IMHO this isnt a minor issue, entering another country illegally can get people into a lot of hot water, depending on the country they are messing with. Should have more respect really & the OP ought to count himself lucky if he doesnt end up in the LOCK UP for considerable time.

I must say the OP is a prat, no passport, no nothing. Why is he asking this forum for a way out.

Looks like the OP knew what he was doing so get on with it. :)

I definitely knew what I was doing and with full awareness I went into above troubles,

What would you say if you were a Jew in one of those famous Nazi concentration camps in Germany and then had the opportunity to leave that place with a fake passport ? would you like then someone say to you "you are knowing what you are doing so get on with it" in Slovakia ?

Another might be the wonderful story of that British pilot who was a war prisoner in the hands of Germans and could fled to Austria and then made his way to America and then Canada and then Argentina ...

Dear friend: mankind never changes, the history is repeating itself, we can't alter the nature of things, only names and titles will change...

So let's get back to the main topic

My initial advice still stands. Go to your embassy and tell the truth. Better that they hear it from you than a Thai court.

You are in the brown stuff very deeply, and to be honest I have little sympathy for you now that we know you were using a false passport and false stamps.

Now I am asking myself why you needed to break so many laws. What else were you covering up? Don't answer that, it is a rhetorical question.

Enjoy your stay in detention.