Cost Of Living In South Thailand

nokia

Hi folks,

I am thinking of staying in South Thailand, but would like to consider the costs first.

Namely cities like Chumphon, Ranong, Surat or Hatyai, but avoiding the islands because they are rather expensive.

Maybe apartment on a monthly rental would be preferable initially because houses usually come with a one year contract.

Any info/comments, just shoot. If the budget is not feasible, please advise too.

Cheers!

Patthalung, near by Tale Noi National Park - Bird Sanctuary... water reserve..

Link:

Wikipedia:

rentals are better checked while being there - off the "beaten track" is not much on...

There is accommodation ON SAMUI from around 1500 per month, but expect that you get what you pay for!

If interested: PM me!

Just about anywherte in thailand ,you can live fairly cheap,or quite expensive.It'as all on the luxuries.You don't get something for nothing

That's true, i am looking for a place reasonably cheap, suitable for 2 adults + a 2 yr old toddler.. If it's too cheap, it's only suitable for 1 person. Minus any luxuries.

As advised by our southern pals here, i guess that i will have to make a trip down south,and if possible, i may also visit Khanom, Trang & Patthalung as well.

Fresh & cheap seafood, i am coming... :)

Cheers, folks!

I know of a place in Ranong, it's a nice house. However it has a dark history, and has stood empty since an Expat Canadian was murdered there. He was paying a very cheap rent too. I think it was less than 2000 per month.