Desperate British Expat Searches For Kidnapped Son In Bangkok

webfact

I have read every post in this thread and don't remember seeing anything about the couple having a fight.

Where did you get this info from?

It was on another forum linkl below..and actually I missed some of it too...

"my wife had put him there (the nursery) for the day while she went to work at her office, normally I took care of him everyday while she was at work but we had been arguing and she was staying with a friend for a few days prior and had taken him with her.

http://www.personalthailand.com/threads/38...kok-please-help.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Martin,

I'm still waiting to help you (see my previous post) even it is 02:00 am, because

a child needs help.

I expected to receive your contact 1 - 3 hrs ago, at least.

Ok, take your time (what about your son) I will close now, because I have to work hard.

Hi,

I sent you a PM 4 hours ago, did you not receive it?

Martin

Dear Martin,

I'm still waiting to help you (see my previous post) even it is 02:00 am, because

a child needs help.

I expected to receive your contact 1 - 3 hrs ago, at least.

Ok, take your time (what about your son) I will close now, because I have to work hard.

I hope at the very least your son is safe and well with his Grandmother. Doesn't really sound like she's trying to extort money or anything. Whatever happened it sounds like she loves him and right or wrongly decided he was better with her for now. Maybe one way to get him back is to work on whatever she meant when she said "how can he make us trust him again?" Hope you think about someone as a go between before you have her knee capped!

g'night

Thanks for posting my son's story and photo, if anyone thinks they might have seen him in Bangkok anywhere or has contacts who might be able to get us to get the local police interested in helping us find him, please get in touch.

He was last known to be being held in the Saphan Taksin Soi 8 area.

Martin

Martin,

My prayers and strength go out to you.

I am in Saudi Arabia, 3500 miles away from my Thai wife and our 2 young kids in LOS - so I know that you will not quit until you have your lad back.

Believe and be strong.

Best regards,

Brewsta

Very sad story and I hope it will be solved and the small boy can come home to his parents where he belongs.

I have considered if something like this happened to me and my plan is to contact a private security firm or anyone with a bit of power and pay what it cost to get my kid back its probably the only way to do it.

I think you are right, sounds like what he needs is Bounty Hunters or team. Probably be better if they were Thai. I think?

Can't you offer them money to end this?

There must be something else behind the story. Money would lead you to your child. Be careful with your wife, haven't seen better actors. Good luck.

Try making a Computer A4 Poster with a recent photo of your Son scanned in,

offering a Reward for information leading to the return of your Son,

Printed in Thai first and English second with your phone number.

Stick it around the suspected area and wait,believe me many people know about this,

but until now there was no money in it for them,now watch the conspiracy of silence change!

this is nothing new,

the other day my girlfriend told me the thai guy who was the father of her daughter came to her and suggested to sell the small, girl 4 years, to a chinese Malaysian guy for about 200.000 baht. this piece of shi... never cared of the little girl at any time, he even came to ask my friend for money sometimes because this scum is to lazy to work. now I moved her elsewhere, got a other mobile no. and told her to get rid of her friends in general.

Now, I would suggest to do the following, go to the police which is in charge for that area and talk with them, they usually have one guy who speaks english ok, offer something and another part after things are done and tell them to do everything to get things done, they usually know how to handle it, bargain the amount.

do it !

its looks ok now. you should understand the value of this people is only money nothing else and fir this they do everything.

Thanks for posting my son's story and photo, if anyone thinks they might have seen him in Bangkok anywhere or has contacts who might be able to get us to get the local police interested in helping us find him, please get in touch.

Martin

I don't believe my wife is involved in taking our son away or in trying to get something from me, for a start she knows better than anyone we don't have anything substantial to give right now even if we wanted to. She was the one who made the report at the police station after getting no where trying to talk her family into giving him back at first. But I do understand her position in all this, if we take this all the way with the police then there is a chance her mother could be facing jail time, which as a good Thai daughter she cannot begin to see how she could do that but on the other hand she needs her son back.

I think your wife is full of baloney... "My mother stole my son for money", but I want to protect her as a "good Thai daughter"

Come on get real! In other words, my mother is more important than you or your child, haha Wake up!

Martin,

I was in the same denial stage for a few months. When I "opened my eyes" and seriously started looking for my son without the distraction of the "wife" things started to happen. YOU and only YOU can take your son from the grandmother, the mother or any one else that has your son. BUT you got to find him first.

Sorry pal but reality hurts when it settles in... I hope this will not be your case... but I remind you again ... these ladies are great actors....

So great that the months my son was missing... my "wife" was the best ever in bed... what a way to convince me that she had nothing to do with it.... BUT I have already told you my outcome...

again I hope this is not your case...

Question

What would the situation be if the child was born in another country, like Australia, England Etc.

Has a birth certificate and passport from this country

If the child looked Thai, no one would ever be worried about over stay

The baby then is taken by the wife's family, but is of coarse not Thai

Would this have changed the facts in any way ???????????

Would the childs embassy now step in and take over the matter ???????

The old Thailand dream's not really turned as planned, Quelle surprise....how bigs your belly?

' Yeah... i'll fly off to Thailand and have a kid.. can't see a problem with that as a plan.'

Your TV name says it all, no need to add anything else

The old Thailand dream's not really turned as planned, Quelle surprise....how bigs your belly?

' Yeah... i'll fly off to Thailand and have a kid.. can't see a problem with that as a plan.'

Your TV name says it all, no need to add anything else

It's not real life out there.. I saw a Thai women leave her farang husband with one daughter and take her 100% Thai daughter( sister of girl left behind). Imagine any western woman seperating two sisters like that. You play with fire you get burned. I've been there multiple times and read and write the language, i wouldn't be as much a dreamer as to have a luk kreung with a girl there... one word comes to mind ... Kwai.

Edited by loser1

Puzzling case. The grandmother goes from presumably (by OP's other posts here and Twitter feed) a benign presence in the lives of these people to a kidnapping extortionist also threatening physical harm on the father? Not that it would excuse it, but perhaps there was some blow-up with the wife that resulted in her getting on the phone to mother and the latter deciding that the child was better off with her?

If that is not the case and all is on the level with the wife, then there would seem to be a strange animosity between mother and daughter here. Why would the grandmother suddenly make this break? Even from a financial perspective it's not smart, as she is basically chopping down a money tree in one instance that she could keep shaking for years in the traditional guilt-the-daughter style. Of course, such people are often short-sighted and greedy, but it seems like there's a piece missing here. Maybe the OP threatened to take the child back to England?

All guesswork and the grandmother's motivations of course don't matter as much as the fact that she has no legal business taking the child without the parents' permission and I'm sure that now that Martin has consular assistance on the ground, and maybe some helpful contacts here, the slow wheels of justice will start to turn a bit faster and the mother and child will be found. Putting on official pressure to get the police active would be the best recourse, especially if the mother is issuing threats. The wife needs to wake up and get actively involved to resolve this situation. If she's not involved in this, she should start providing information to police, regardless of parental loyalty, soon. Cultural norms are not absolutes.

All the best.

Martin

I'm afraid I can't be much help here in Chiang Mai but as a father my heart goes out to you Martin. You know he is safe. Time will resolve this...heart wrenching as it is. Not fair, not right.

Good luck to you.

Don't cock around any more, get down to the police station will all of your paper work, tell the police there is a 25k reward to the first policeman that brings his daughter back.

Get the mother in law arrested and tell the police you want to press full charges with your lawyer in a criminal court.

Your wife will contact the old bitch and you'll get you kid back faster then you could imagine possible.

DON'T DICK AROUND ANY MORE!

I can't believe this is happening!

It is so sad to see that human life is not worth anything in this part of the world.

Martin, I feel so sorry for you. I have a 3 yearold girl and cannot imagine what you must be going through.

And worst of all, by your own family!

I don't know what to say......i'm shocked!

Try to eat and sleep a bit will you, please?

You will need all the strength you can get.

Please let us know how we can help you, and i mean it!

And don't forget that you SHALL and you WILL get your son back!

This is your child.

Don't listen to the TIT boys, go to the police station with a camera crew and walk past the desk sergeant and go upstairs to the bosses. They won't know what to do with cameras there.

Confront the first person with a load of scrambled egg on his shoulders and don't smile, be angry.

Contact the papers of your home country, they are loving bad stories about this place at the moment.

Same with the Consul or Embassey.

Thailand don't need bad press at the moment so go and kick some ass.

You want your child back? Don't do the smiley payey shit, show them up and make sure they know the world is watching.

Good luck

And become a cellmate of Jeff Savage. Maybe his discussion subjects will be an intellectual challenge for you but I doubt they will be for the OP. About the most hilarious comment I have heard in quite some time. Thailand is not Cowboyland any longer.

There is a very simple long term solution to this that also works, it's called the legal way, it's compared to what it is in many western countries also pretty quick.

I Repeat: The police will not act against a member of the extended family without a court order, with a court order they will be happy to act. The reason is simple: There are many more cases in Thailand where the grand parents take the child from the parent(s) because it is not cared for properly than it is for mischievous reasons

Addition: Embassies are not interested in helping because the child has dual nationality

Edited by MikeyIdea

The question has been raised about the OP being a troll. OP has responded to that. It is up to you to believe him or not. If you don't believe him, don't respond.

Several posts have now been deleted as off topic, etc.

Martin,

Does the boy have some health problems? Please don't take this the wrong, maybe the photo is poor quality, are his hands and feet okay?

Is the feud, maybe, about medical care? I know from personal experience that some Thais believe in all kinds of extreme and weird, unproven cures. My mom in law clearly has something like Alzhemer's or dementia. I thought it was rather sweet the way she spent her days looking at a bed full of family photos. The last time we visited they had taken those away from her??? and paid monks to do an exhorcism!!!

There was another incidence where they wanted to use medication on a child that only a doctor should prescribe, but it had worked on an aunt. The pharmacist had no problem selling it, even though it had Warnings about only being presrcribed by a Doctor and not to be used on children.

<<< If medical care is the nature of your 'feud', I'm very sorry for you. If so, Hire a witch doctor who will bamboozle them with superstition, but secretly use the proper treatments. They will think you quite the hero if you bring in raving maniac.

------------

Oh, IF he does have health problems, you might be described by 2 words in their minds, 'bad luck'.

--

My sister in law had a 'mess' in the parking area outside her place, including a fabulous old antique teak wood door. My exhortations to clean up the area fell on the 'deaf ears', then I thought to say it is 'bad luck' for the door to be like that. I saw the look on her face and the next we made the area into a nice "Zenish" garden and hired some Soi men to hoist the door up against the front wall of the building. You have to TRY to think like them!

Edited by eggomaniac

No, he does not have any health problems, he is a perfectly healthy always smiling and happy boy the last I saw him two months ago.

Martin

Martin,

Does the boy have some health problems? Please don't take this the wrong, maybe the photo is poor quality, are his hands and feet okay?

Is the feud, maybe, about medical care? I know from personal experience that some Thais believe in all kinds of extreme and weird, unproven cures.

Don't cock around any more, get down to the police station will all of your paper work, tell the police there is a 25k reward to the first policeman that brings his daughter back.

Get the mother in law arrested and tell the police you want to press full charges with your lawyer in a criminal court.

Your wife will contact the old bitch and you'll get you kid back faster then you could imagine possible.

DON'T DICK AROUND ANY MORE!

I agree, grab the bull by the horns, AND plant some red herrings for the wife just in case,..Let this be a warning to all you farang husbands to be, choose your parter/spouse very carefully, as we can see some thai families can be totally without heart and savage like, im also a bit concerned about possible repercussions to some of the posters ideas, i dont envy you my friend, :)

My heart goes out to you both! It would seem on the face of it that this crime--kidnapping--should not be difficult for Thai authorities to solve. Your wife's relatives ought to be easy enough to track down and once all family members are interrogated, the whereabouts of your son should become well known. It also seems that they should be jumping on this and rigorously pursuing the perpetrators...one has to assume that kidnapping is a capital crime in Thailand (I certainly hope so!) and it is deplorable that the Police have acted so shamefully...and it is sad to say...but so typically. I trust that I am joined by other TV members in pryaing for a speedy resolution and that your boy is returned safely and quickly.

Good point and I agree with your post?? My heart and soul are with this couple who are looking for their son. I urge everyone to help. Thanking for posting and I will telephone my closed friend in Bangkok to pass the word around. Keep looking and do not stop until the boy is coming home....

Hi

You mention your son was "snatched" from the nursery.

I would really like to hear how that's possible and which nursery?

Did you have a list of people allowed to pick up your son and if so, who signed for him ?

Anyway, as a father, I too feel saddened by your situation.

All the best of luck.

Something odd going on. Hopefully the boy is OK. As based on MJPerry's own tweets he had his son on the evening of 22 March, just after the boy had spent 2 weeks in Isaan. Yet, according the to 1 April Tweet he hadn't seen his son for over a week.

The original news article and subsequent posts by MJPerry fail to mention that the boy was taken to Isaan to 2 weeks in mid March by someone and then returned to his parents. In which case, it would seem strange not to keep a very close eye on the child to prevent him disappearing again.

MJPerry tweet on 22 March:

Never seen Tristan so sad like today after being snatched and taken to Issan for 2 weeks, off to hospital for overdue vaccine & checkup soon 7:00 PM Mar 22nd via Twitter for iPhone

This tweet confirms mother had the child then:

His crazy mother was running around Bangkok with him yesterday and let him go for 9 hours without food, hope it hasn't hurt him too much 7:02 PM Mar 22nd via Twitter for iPhone

+++

Also there seems to be some confusion about when the child was last seen. If my child went missing I'd like to think I'd remember when I last saw him:

MJPerry Tweets:

Latest photo of my 7 month old son who has been kidnapped by my wife's family, not seen for 3 months http://yfrog.com/4jvboj 12:10 AM May 20th via Twitter for iPhone

i.e. 'kidnapped' around 20 Feb

Yeah will have been two weeks on Monday, not sure British emb can do anything, he has dual nationality, lets see what police can do 9:56 AM Apr 8th via Twitter for iPhone

i.e. 'kidnapped' around 26 March

Why doesn't Thailand have child protection laws? Have not seen my son for over a week because he's been kidnapped and police do nothing 11:45 PM Apr 1st via SimplyTweet

i.e. 'kidnapped' before 24 March

But newspaper article on 28 May:

Fraught Martin Perry, 32, has not seen eight-month-old Tristan since he was snatched from a nursery almost two months ago.

i.e. 'kidnapped' around early April, but article later gives the exact date as 30 March

+++

Your story is exactly the same as mine, except we have not gained any reasonable access yet. Quite extraordinary that Thai ladies seem to accept losing their offspring to 'dangerous' fathers without reference to the law.

It is not quite extraordinary that Thai ladies (I'd call them Thai mothers though) don't act, it's quite simple. Most Thais coming from a poorer background believe that the child belongs to the father according to Thai law, that the father has the right to do what he does. What is more appalling is perhaps that westerners with good education and initiative don't find out what the law actually says and don't take the time to help their spouses.

The child laws in Thailand need changing as they are very basic in concept

Not quite so again. Thai law is specifically written to give Thai mothers sole custody of the children unless the father wants to prove his committment to the family to try to Protect The Child. The law cannot be perfect for everybody but it really does try to protect the child - the mother gave birth and breast-fed the child and is the parent the most likely to care for the child. There's always the hundred bath solution for the fathers who don't like it, register the marriage.

The implementation of Thai Juvenile Law is often doing a better job of caring for the childs best than western juvenile law did / does. The implementation of Western law has changed considerably over the last 25 years, coming more in line with the Thai implementation - incidentally... The western juvenile law implementation is changing to care more for the childs best and less for parents rights. What was one of the comments a poster here had? The mother has (had) a greater chance of getting the child than the father. Doesn't that sound weird? A juvenile court taking a decision that is not necessarily in the best interest of the child...

A good father in Thailand does not have to be afraid of the Thai Juvenile court system. He may not get all he wants but he will get what is best for the child, isn't that what all loving fathers want?

I would like to see one change, that is strengthening the ability for parents to enforce their right to see their child. But not with introducing parental kidnapping, that would make it a criminal case and juvenile court would be left out of the decision making, not good. They are good at taking decisions in the best interest of the child, let them continue to do that

Michael