Places To Stay In Chaiya?

islandguy

Hi all,

We will be taking a leisurely driving trip to Chaiya subdistrict of Surat Thani province and possibly to Khao Sam Roi Yoot (300 Mountain) area in Prachuap Kiri Kan. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to stay in those areas? I couldn't find any on line in English, for Chaiya, but when I called one of the museums there they seemed surprised that I would ask if there was any place to stay. :D

Usually like to stay someplace peaceful, charming, friendly, moderately priced (500 to 1,500 baht) - or at least having some of these characteristics. Quiet and clean would generally be the most important :D

Any other recommendations as to things to see and do much appreciated. Driving a truck and one of us is a fluent Thai speaker, so able to get around ok, but not particularly seeking thrills :) or Indiana Jones kinds of adventure! (So, no, I don't want to race the high tide to get to the next town along the beach)

• 3 weeks later...

Having finished the trip, Chaiya is pretty lacking in places to stay. Saw a big new place on the highway across from Suan Mok, low rise, lots of wood, looked nice but highway is pretty noisy. In Chaiya didn't see anything. Beach near there had signs talking about a resort/beach bungalows. Signs both very old and quite new, but couldn't find it. Probably there as locals knew about it. Surat was surprisingly fun, enjoyed the Sunday (or maybe weekend) 'Floating Market' on the riverfront promenade. Chedi and temple at Chaiya impressive, well worth a stop off the main highway - only a few kilometers.

Having finished the trip, Chaiya is pretty lacking in places to stay. Saw a big new place on the highway across from Suan Mok, low rise, lots of wood, looked nice but highway is pretty noisy. In Chaiya didn't see anything. Beach near there had signs talking about a resort/beach bungalows. Signs both very old and quite new, but couldn't find it. Probably there as locals knew about it. Surat was surprisingly fun, enjoyed the Sunday (or maybe weekend) 'Floating Market' on the riverfront promenade. Chedi and temple at Chaiya impressive, well worth a stop off the main highway - only a few kilometers.

I once slept in Chaiya for a few 100s. There was a rather simple and clean, small hotel behind the market.

Always take my Garmin "GPS". Just look for accommodation in your immediate or surrounding area & it lists all available, even takes you there lol. I never travel without it , helps so much in finding out of the way places.