Getting Through Bangkok Airport

Hi,

Im flying into Bangkok on July 15th.

We're flying from Heathrow, via New Delhi. The flight is due to arrive in Bangkok at 7.15.I'm hoping to get a flight that night to Phuket, to meet friends. Air Asia have a flight leaving Bangkok airport at 9.20.

Is this doable? To collect luggage, get to the terminal, check luggage for the next flight and make it through security etc for boarding?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Due to Arrive at 7:15 means if the the flight leaves on time and arrives on time, then you have to disembark and get your luggage, I would plan on an hour for that means 8:15, then you have to clear immigration another 30 minutes if you are lucky say 8:45 you should check in at least one hour in advance for a domestic flight at 9:20. You are pushing things this is Thailand.

Due to Arrive at 7:15 means if the the flight leaves on time and arrives on time, then you have to disembark and get your luggage, I would plan on an hour for that means 8:15, then you have to clear immigration another 30 minutes if you are lucky say 8:45 you should check in at least one hour in advance for a domestic flight at 9:20. You are pushing things this is Thailand.

Thanks. That was what I was thinking too, just wanted some confirmation from someone with experience. Will probably stay the night and fly out the next morning.

i dont think, Air Asia gives him a free flight on the next day, when he misses the evening flight.

I would take a hotel near the airport and take a flight on the next morning.

If the arrival from Delhi is only 30 minutes too late, no chance to reach the HKT flight in time

Your onward flight is Airasia change it now or you will get nothing from them, it will take years to get a refund.

You will pay and pay. Thaksin Corporation he has to make a living somehow now that he is on the run. They will charge you for everything. Go to their website now. They offer nothing free and charge you Bhat 500 for luggage even if you have no checked luggage. Folllow my recent experience by looking for posts by colabamumbai.

Thanks. That was what I was thinking too, just wanted some confirmation from someone with experience. Will probably stay the night and fly out the next morning.

I have very little experience 20 return trips from then Bombay to Bangkok, 20 or more trips from Bombay/Mumbai to Canada and Europe, 100 Flights from Canada to Mexico and I am still flying but flying but not flying high anymore. The airlines don't take kindly to you snorting off the food trays anymore.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Your onward flight is Airasia change it now or you will get nothing from them, it will take years to get a refund.

You will pay and pay. Thaksin Corporation he has to make a living somehow now that he is on the run. They will charge you for everything. Go to their website now. They offer nothing free and charge you Bhat 500 for luggage even if you have no checked luggage. Folllow my recent experience by looking for posts by colabamumbai.

i today recieved e mail , from air asia ,

that my flight bkk to udon thani , has been cancelled .

no mention of a refund ,, whats that ?

however , they have transferred my on line booking , without asking me ,

to a flight , 8 hours later . customer care ???

I flew in 10 days ago on Etihad's morning flight 5 min early, at 06.55 and was drinking coffee at Black Canyon before 07.30 after getting through immigration, picking up my suit case, heading to departures and checked in at Thai airways empty domestic rows, maybe I was just lucky that morning? :)

Edited by tartempion

Came through Swampy recently from Bahrain, early. There are two immigration set ups. The first we came to ( from the Gulf Air stand) had very long queues, we were directed by a friendly official to a second, about 100 metres further on. Only 3 people in from of me and through in 5 minutes. so look out for the second, farther set up if the first if busy.

Rambling again? What has the ex- Prime Minister to do with AirAsia?

And what part of BUDGET AIRLINE can you not get your head around?

i today recieved e mail , from air asia ,

that my flight bkk to udon thani , has been cancelled .

no mention of a refund ,, whats that ?

however , they have transferred my on line booking , without asking me ,

to a flight , 8 hours later . customer care ???

I came through the domestic terminal on Wednesday afternoon and noticed that both AirAsia and Thai Airways had canceled flights to Phuket and Krabi in the late afternoon, early evening. I assume that was due to local bad weather down south. I do know that the mid-day TG flight from Udon changes flight numbers and goes on to Phuket and I believe that the last flight from Bangkok to Udon is on an Airbus that just completed a flight from Phuket. AirAsia, being a budget carrier has less resources in the shape of spare planes to address weather or technical problems hence their cancellations would kick in quicker.

For those that do AirAsia booking online, when you print out the ticket, pages 1 and 2 are the flight, passenger and billing details and pages 3 through 6 are TERMS AND CONDITIONS. I recommend that you actually print these and take them with you for a read on the plane. Then there will be no need to post cries for help here.

The many times I've travelled Air Asia with no checked luggage I've never had to pay for luggage I didn't have.

The many times I've travelled Air Asia with no checked luggage I've never had to pay for luggage I didn't have.

While recently trying to book a flight online they had added a baggage charge of 500 Bhat to the total price.

^ While "trying" to book online, they allegedly added a charge. Now, did you actually MAKE the booking and did that actually CHARGE the ha-loy baht?

Answers on a postcard to...

No when I saw that charge I did not continue the booking, there was nowhere on the site to say I was not checking baggage.

^ Then your allegation in post #6 is groundless. The website CLEARLY indicates where you need to add baht for checked baggage versus cabin baggage only which is CLEARLY the default booking configuration.

To the OP, your travel is in July so you should go online NOW and change that onward AirAsia flight for the following morning. If this is a 'regular' airfare, I think the change is without penalty. If it's a 'special' fare, you may have to book/pay for new travel. Either way, it will be clearly stated in your booking paperwork what penalties, if any, will be levied.

Edited by NanLaew

While recently trying to book a flight online they had added a baggage charge of 500 Bhat to the total price.

I have flowb AirAsia 6 years bor more now.\,

Caught once with baggage charge.

It is automatic, YOU NEED TO OPT OUT , UNCHECK A BOX.