Eco-tourism In Kanchanaburi

Fabdial

I've posted my request in the wrong forum category, so I'm posting it here hoping to get some help, thank you :)

Hi, we would like to go for 5 or 10 days in Kanchanaburi. We've heard there was nice spots for eco-tourism over there.

I've made some research on internet and I found some website but most of them are quite messy, no possibility book online for most of them

Website I've looked :

- http://www.jumboriverkwai.com : they seem to have a lot of interesting tours but photos seem quite very old, it doesn't look serious

- http://www.riverkwaitravel.com : their tours look interesting but they have only 3 tours and I don't want to make the Tiger Temple... so there is only one tour left

- http://www.kanchanaburi-transport-tours.com : website (seems quite new) with interesting tours, not only eco-tourism, they provide interesting fishing tours and I'm quite interested by the "Learn to live with Elephant", that sounds original. They also provide pickup from Bangkok (and other cities) and Accommodation in Kanchachanaburi. The only one thing I can say, their website is quite friendly.

- http://www.toistours.com : old photos again, not really easy to visit a website with aggressive colors...

Well, if someone tried already these companies, thanks to let me know your experience.

I'm quite interested by the third one because it offers everything Pickup from Bangkok, villa to live in and interesting tours... but is it too easy to be true ?

If you know other tour companies in Kanchanaburi, I'm also interested.

Thank you.

Jumbo Tours is one of the oldest tour companies in Kanchanaburi, I think I can safely say that they handle the majority of business in Kanchanaburi, therefore website updates are probably not on the agenda.

River Kwai Travel I don't think is a real travel agency, only a website pretending to be one. There's no contact address, only a mobile phone number, and like you said there's only three tours!

Kanchanburi Transport & Tours I don't believe is a full fledged tour company, basically it's a resort business working together with a transport company, the former doesn't have a tourist license whilst the transport company does.

Toi Tours i'm not sure about this company, seems legit, but could be wrong.

Jumbo Tours is one of the oldest tour companies in Kanchanaburi, I think I can safely say that they handle the majority of business in Kanchanaburi, therefore website updates are probably not on the agenda.

River Kwai Travel I don't think is a real travel agency, only a website pretending to be one. There's no contact address, only a mobile phone number, and like you said there's only three tours!

Kanchanburi Transport & Tours I don't believe is a full fledged tour company, basically it's a resort business working together with a transport company, the former doesn't have a tourist license whilst the transport company does.

Toi Tours i'm not sure about this company, seems legit, but could be wrong.

Thank you. I think I'm gonna combine Jumbo Tours and Kanchanaburi Transport and Tours :)

Just do some research on the net, hire a motorcycle in K'buri and ride out to Sangklaburi for a couple of days, stopping as necessary. There's plenty to see on the way out, and a couple of nights at P Guest House will be a highlight. Sangklaburi is a very nice place to spend some time.

To get to K'buri, take a bus from the Southern Bus Terminal, about B300 from Khao San Road/Sukhumvit Road. Airconbuses are only about B70 for the 2+ hour trip. A motorcycle will cost about B150 a day, maybe less depending how desperate they are, and then you're not captive to a programme that you may not want parts of.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Thank you for all your advices.

We have already booked with Kanchanaburi Transport and Tours, because they provide accommodation. However we are going to take the bus from Victory Monument, it's about 150 bahts/person to go to Kanchanaburi in less than 2 hours. A person from KTT has proposed to pickup us from the bus station in Kanchanaburi, nice to them :)

We have booked the villa for about 5 days and we are going to do the "Learn to live with Elephants", "Fishing on Srinakarin Lake" and do the "Fun on the water". We may stay 3 or 4 days longer if everything is ok and doing some Trekking tours with Jumbo.

Can't wait to be there, to have some fun and relaxing moments. Bored of Bangkok!

Edited by Fabdial