Advise On Social Security Problem And Non B Renewal

Hi all,

I have had problems getting social security to approve my application. Basically i have company set up already, an office address and staff. The problem is that the office is not yet set up and everything is on hold at the moment due to lack of business because of the riots in BKk. The social security people came to the office but as no one was there so they requested an interview with everyone concerned. After the interview they have said that they will not accept my application until they can visit and see all the staff working etc.

Because of this delay I have msised the deadline to apply for WP and my visa runs out in a few days. Now i am worried that when i go to get a new 3 month Non B visa in Penang they will reject it as i dont have the WP3 form needed or any cash flow documents because i havent started trading yet.

Has anyone had this problem or have any insight or advise to give? Thanks in advance for any help or advise on my problem

Just obtain a tourist visa and make application for work permit using that - once you have the W3 and company paperwork in order obtain the non immigrant B visa and have the work permit issued.

Just obtain a tourist visa and make application for work permit using that - once you have the W3 and company paperwork in order obtain the non immigrant B visa and have the work permit issued.

Iwas under the impression that one needed a Non visa to apply for a WP?

You can apply for a WP on any kind of visa or visa exempt entry. But the WP will only be issued on a non-Immigrant visa. If you don't have one, you get the WP3 form. This you show to a consulate in a neighboring country, and they will issue a non-immigrant visa. With the visa you go back to Thailand an to labour to get the work permit.

The WP3 form signals that you will get a work permit, once you have the correct visa.

All correct advice given.

As an aside, this is I think the first report that social security comes to check your employees are actually working!

I can't remember they ever checked on one of my employees, as long as the contributions are being paid...

All correct advice given.

As an aside, this is I think the first report that social security comes to check your employees are actually working!

I can't remember they ever checked on one of my employees, as long as the contributions are being paid...

Yes, thats what I thought but apparently Phuket are clamping down on bogus Farang company set ups as they have cottoned on to the fact that many Farangs do set up such companies in order to get Non B visa etc etc with out actually having staff working for them.

So you think it best to just go for the TV 1st and then go for the WP3 and Non B ?

You are in bad situation right now. me and my bf set up the company as well......what you need is a very good accountant ..... this person will need to go and talk to revenue department.

as for working permit, the first year is the hardest one. the second year, you need to show audit. without audit you might get 6 mo. but you can also summit the paper work which your accountant should prepare it for you. saying why you don't have audit for last year.

do you have all the document that need to apply for WP???? the first year, most of ppl will get 3-6 mo only.

what you can do right now is get your Non - B again, do not go back to tourist visa....

Edited by jazzy

You can apply for a WP on any kind of visa or visa exempt entry. But the WP will only be issued on a non-Immigrant visa. If you don't have one, you get the WP3 form. This you show to a consulate in a neighboring country, and they will issue a non-immigrant visa. With the visa you go back to Thailand an to labour to get the work permit.

The WP3 form signals that you will get a work permit, once you have the correct visa.

Correct but not complete although the following information doesn't go for the OP

For companies located in an EPZ zone, the WP3 is not needed, not all embassies are aware of that however...

And I am not sure a consulate can give you the appropriate visa, my guess is that it would need to be an embassy

There are two possible solutions on your case:

(1) You may apply for a Non-immigrant B visa to other Thai Embassies such as in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, Ventianne in Laos, Pnom Phen in Cambodia, Hong Kong or Singapore. Other embassies have stricter qualifications than Thai Embassy in Penang. The above-mentioned Thai Embassies usually do not require WP3 for most nationalities. Certain nationalities still require WP3 regardless of the location.

(2) You may obtain a tourist visa initially or a 30-day/15-day visa exemption stamp since your visa is about to expire in a couple of days and consequently apply for a WP3 at the Labor department in Thailand, if you wish to apply still at the Thai Embassy in Penang. Extending your non-immigrant visa at the immigration in Thailand will only give you 7 days and therefore won’t be enough to apply for the WP3. But as mentioned, other Thai Embassies do not require WP3 in applying for a Non-immigrant B visa.

For future references, tourist visas for Thailand are issued free of charge until March 31st 2011 at any Thai Embassy or Consulate around the world. However some consulates may charge a special fee to process the visa faster.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]